1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

stuck at some places

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by the GRINCH, Feb 24, 2001.

1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Hmmz I never really saw positive points of the Halberds, accept there is one halberd that is very effective against dragons. In my opnion, specialize in Two Handed sword. 1d10+4 for the Wave vs. 1d12+4 (warblade) or 1d12+5 and some cool effects for Carsomyr. Or why nog specialize in Katana, then you have a fast&cool 1d10+3 weapon and another free hand for a shield (much better AC) or another cool one-handed-weapon (Crom Fayr, Flail of the Ages, Equalizer or something else in the other hand.

2. Mage_0 Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Where can rogue stones be found

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    They can be found in various places as loot.

4. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

i wouldn't call myself a newbie but, headbanger, you mentioned things i haven't heard of,
    Carsomyr?
    Nog?
    Crom Fayr?
    can anyone explain these? or is nog a short name for something?

5. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Carsomyr you find with Firkraag.
    Crom Faeyr is a legendary weapon that you find parts to all over the place and can have Cromwell reforge for you.

Nog is a typo for not...

6. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31

oops, ok :o

7. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] well guess what! my annoying little sister saved over my quicksave and autosave! and my full save was all the way back at the start of the spellhold dungeon. does ANYBODY know how to retrieve overwrited saves? or are they gone for good? :mad:

8. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31

btw where is this wand of wonder ive heard about? please tell me my good friend blackthorn TA (ill give you my long sword of utter f***ing brilliance +99993)

9. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'm sorry to say, but your savegame is gone for good once you overwrite it.
    As for the wand, you'll find it once you kill all the mind flayers in the dungeon in the sewers beneath the Temple district in Athkatla.

10. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31

ok, i give up, where can the crom fayr peices be found? i looked everywhere!

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    As requested (sure spoiler!) :D
    -Crom Faeyr scroll: loot from Thaxll´ssillyia in temple ruins
    -Hammer of thunderbolts: Mindflayer dungeon in Atkathla
    -Gauntlets of Ogre Power: Loot at a halfling in the planar sphere
    -Girdle of frost giant strength: At a Demon Knight Kua-Toa-Area in the Underdark

12. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31

i guess im buggered then because ive been to the planar sphere and heard you cant go back

13. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I'm in the Underdark now and the only thing I need for Crom Faeyer is the girdle of Frost Giant strength... Exiting...! :D

14. Igor Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

where do you get a beljuril gem
    can't seem to find one

15. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

There's a guy with some chickens in Imnesvale. Go talk to him...

16. Zorac Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

There's another one in Windspear Hill.

17. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Ther's also one in Spellhold, although it has a purpose, so I don't know if you can use it after that...

18. the GRINCH Gems: 3/31

ive only found one in the whole game but i sold it. so ive got a lot of searching to do if i want to retreive it. what does it do anyway? it upgrades a horn or something

19. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hey Darien: I talked to this guy and he told me to leave him alone repeatedly. So I´m stuck there for I´m playing a mage and don´t have enough potions to make Yoshi a good pickpocket to learn about his stuff :(

S do I guess I have to kill him to find that gem, lol :D <Ragusa is playing chaotic neutral, hihi-hihihi :mad: >

20. Silroth Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] As a thief you might first try to pickpocket, if only for professional pride, you scum ;)!!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.