1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place Member Item Shop mod (temp frozen, waiting for IEEP2)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Taza, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

[​IMG] Wow Beren you are GREAT :D

Shura should be an evil weapon, called something like Lightslayer ;)

Make the Taluntain shopkeeper look like Tal's old avatar :)

2. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'd like a two-handed sword. PLEASE? I just don't like katanas.

Here comes the description thingy, if ya ppl care.
    -------

'Menefaugner' Bane of a Paladin +3

In her childhood, Fighter/Mage Ezellohar, known for her insane ravings on her village's central place and her quirk to read poetry at the local inn, was a depressed lunatic, who wished to become a mage and blow up people.

Her village got too bothered by her and so they sent the little girl to a mage school. She learned quick and fast. Boys teased her, until she turned one into a hedgehog. She was cast out, but she didn't care, as she had reached a pretty good level in spellcasting. So she traveled around Faerun, reciting disturbing poetry for money and peforming assasinations for money as well.

She was hired by a rich man to protect him, while he and his band of mercenaries, went to raid an Elven city of small importance. A raid turned into a carnage and the man broke his promise to leave the Elves alone, as Eze had requested.

They had uncovered an old temple of a dark god and as they were looting the place, Eze found a black two-handed blade. She kept it and fried everyone, who tried to take it from her.

She was imprisoned by a Paladin of Helm, who tried to cure her from her insanity. She pretended to be cured, while she was not. The paladin taught her swordmanship, but Eze turned against him and killed him with the black blade to escape.

She was gone not long after that and the sword was found by a Elven archer, a closed friend of the wizard Taluntain, from who you bought it from. But be wary, for Eze may want her sword back.

And she is one mean hag, when it comes to her things.

THAC0:3
    Speed Factor:As a usual two-handed sword
    Usable By:Mage/Fighters. Dual class as well.
    -2 to CHA and +2 to INT.

I hope that's enuff.

3. Khelben Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

How about that:
    Khelben's Walking Stick
    Quarterstaff
    1d6+3
    Casts breach whenever the staff strikes the opponent.
    Casts Khelben's Warding Whip 3/day
    Invisibility
    Protection From Evil
    Wearer gets -4 Dexterity +1 Intelligence (permamently)

"Stolen from Tower Blackstaff during the Time of Troubles,Khelben's Walking Stick is a great assistance for a mage.Khelben imbued this staff with his own nifty magic powers.The staff emotes magic and drains the shields all around it.It has also has other powers such as imbuing wearer with the minds of its creator and draining his agility for the power of the staff.Khelben himself never used this staff,but it is said that the thief who stole the staff immideatly retired from his guild in Skullport and became a senior mage of Waterdeep.Adventurer Taluntain stole this great staff but after discovering its powers he also retired and he still tries to sell that staff luckily he found <CHARNAME>"

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Apart from weapons I propose a special version of Feeblemind spell: Idiot of the Week. Usable by: Taluntain :D

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Dont suppose you could design a bow for me, like one that can only be used by Ranger please

6. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

THE SWORD OF THE ETERNAL TWINK
    ----
    Description:
    Ages past there existed a mysterious and elusive wizard known only through legend as the GREAT and MIGHTY TALEX who one day harkened upon the ancient HOLY RELIC known as the INFINITY ENGINE EDITOR PRO. Awed by it's complexity and power, he made it his life's goal to use it for one purpose alone. The creation of weapon. A weapon of unbelievable DESTRUCTIVE POWER. Thus the SWORD OF THE ETERNAL TWINK was born. This, however, could not possibly satiate his new thirst for power. Emboldened by his recent actions, he brazenly followed with such INFAMOUS creations as the NEVER-MISSING FLAMING BOW of DOOM, the WAND OF INFINITE TIME STOPS, CAPTAIN BLOODSHED'S AXE OF ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION, and the most unholy I DONT EVEN WANT TO TRY ANYMORE FULL PLATE +75.

One would think that with such INCREDIBLE POWER nothing could possibly stop him. Why the multiverse itself was at his heel. Deieties cowered before his MAGNIFICENCE and unfettered GLORY. Only one dared oppose him. The dastardly wizard MAXTOR who reared the terrifying and destructive power of the HARD DRIVE CRASH stood up to him, and despite his valiant efforts, the GREAT and MIGHTY TALEX was vanquished, forevermore relegated to the myths and legends of old, a relic of a time long past where a little time and cheese comprised the very heart of glory, elevated one to the hieghts of exaltation, comprised the very fabric of illustriousness and sublimity. Ages pass. Memory becomes legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth eventually is long forgotten by all eldest creatures of old, who can still look back to that Golden Age; to see again the GREAT TWINK himself, resplendent in all his glory, to be blinded by his LUCIDIOUS LUMINOSITY; to bask just once more in his EMINENCE, if now only in memory.

Amen.

----
    Equipped Effects:
    +4 Strength
    +4 Dexterity
    +4 Constitution
    +4 Intelligence
    +4 Wisdom
    +4 Charisma
    +4 AC
    +4 AC vs Missle Weapons
    +50% Magic Resistance
    Regenerate 6hp/round
    Protection from Charm
    Protection from Time Stop while equipped
    Improved Haste while equipped
    Negative Plane Protection while equipped
    Immune to Maze/Imprisonment while equipped

Combat Abilities:

Each sucessful hit drains 5 hit points from the target and transfers them to the wielder. This will not bring the wielder's hit points over the maximum
    Dispel Magic upon sucessful hit

THAC0: +10
    Damage: 1D12 +6 +5 Life Drain +2 Fire +2 Cold +2 Electricity +2 Acid +2 Poison
    Damage type: Slashing
    Weight: 3
    Proficiency Type: Long Sword
    Type: 1-handed

Usable Only By:
    Chaotic Stupid Aligned Twinks

(c)2003 Way To Much Time Ltd. Any semblance to real persons implied or direct is entirely coincidental. All rights reserved.

[ March 14, 2003, 18:28: Message edited by: Alex ]

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

[​IMG] Heres my shot at this:

The Dawn In Shadow

Centuries ago “The Dawn In Shadow” lay in the hands of a half elf sword master named Morningstar. Before him, another wielded the blade. His name was Delithia, the friend of a dwarven smith. In the smiths finest hour he forged the sword for his friend, burning his passion and soul into the runes that are etched along the blade. The first time Delithia laid his hand upon it’s hilt, he felt a surge of power, as if the blade willed to become a part of him. Indeed it did, in a battle with a dragon named Iri’thanic he died beneath its claw. His soul travelled willingly within the runes awaiting a warrior of his line to carry the sword once more into battle, and to avenge his death.

When Morningstar recovered the blade, and avenged Delithia, he felt a surge. Not the same as the warrior who held the blade before him, but the call of that warrior, the call of Delithia, instilling guidance in whatever path Morningstar chose to take.

Although as large as a two handed sword, the sword was very light, capable of allowing someone to wield it in one hand. The edge of the blade has never lost its incredible edge, capable of cutting through iron as it would paper.

The blade was not always called “The Dawn In Shadow”. A bard who travelled with Morningstar occasionally in fact gave this name to it. In a small skirmish with orcs, Morningstar completely decapitated one of the greenskins from hip to neck. As the blade left the body, the runes shone mightily, burning with the death of the ferocious warrior. The bard noticed this, and claimed the sword seemed to put the dawn in shadow. From that day forth, the name stuck.

A commoner found the blade as he dug up a dying tree. Within its roots the sword lay entangled. The commoner sold the blade to the mage, Taluntain, proprietor of the Sorcerer’s Place… thing, becoming one of the richest men in Faerun.

Combat Abilities:
    33% chance of finger of death being cast on hit.

THAC0: +4
    Damage: 1D12+4
    Damage Type: Slashing
    Weight: same as a long-sword
    Proficiency type: Two handed sword
    Type: two handed

(If this seems a bit overpowered [I can’t tell] then change it. Thanks!)

Beren, you da man.

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] This MOD should be worth nicking BG2 from PC World :evil:

How many items will there be?

9. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Let me know what you think. I'm still trying to work on a good story. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Mace of Recall, +2, +4 vs magic users

THAC0: +2, +4 vs magic users
    AC: +2
    +1 to saving throws (death, breath, wand); +5 (spells)
    Damage: 1d8 +2, +4 vs magic users

Equipped: Cure Critical Wounds 3x/day, Heal 2x/day, Resurrection 1x/day
    Decrease spell casting by 2
    Bonus 5th, 6th, & 7th level spells

Upon striking enemy:
    15% chance of dispelling all magic protections (no save)
    10% chance to wipe all enemy spells of random level (i.e. all 3rd level spells)
    10% chance to recall all cast spells of random level (i.e. all 3rd level spells)
    1% chance all above effects occur simultaneously
    Critical hit will recall all spells, heal the user and remove fatigue, as if rested

If alignment shifts away from good, user is struck by the Wrath of Mystra (10d4+1/lvl) once/day until they have seen, and corrected, the error of their ways; half damage if successfully saving vs spells at –5. Magic resistance, if any, will not apply.

Usable by: Good aligned clerics and mages (including dual and multi-class)

Staff of Mystra

THAC0: +2, +4 vs magic users
    AC: +2
    +1 to saving throws (death, breath, wand); +5 (spells)
    Damage: 1d8 +2, +4 vs magic users

Equipped: Double length Improved Alacrity, 3x/day; stoneskin 2x/day, as per spell
    Decrease spell casting by 2
    Bonus 5th, 6th, and 7th level spells

Upon striking enemy:
    15% chance of dispelling all magic protections (no save)
    10% chance to wipe all enemy spells of random level (i.e., all 3rd level spells)
    10% chance to recall all spells of random level (i.e., all 3rd level spells)
    1% chance all above effects occur simultaneously
    Critical hit will recall all spells, heal the user and remove fatigue, as if rested

If alignment shifts away from good, user is struck by the Wrath of Mystra (10d4+1/lvl) once/day until they have seen, and corrected, the error of their ways; half damage if successfully saving vs spells at –5. Magic resistance, if any, will not apply.

Usable by: Good aligned clerics and mages (including dual and multi-class)

Chain mail of The Chosen Ones +4

Another of the gifts presented to Spelladonna, by Mystra, during her battle against a band of renegade Thayvian mages. This armor is incredibly light and unrestrictive, offering significant protection against physical attacks while enabling practitioners of magic to weave their spells.

THAC0: +2
    AC: 0
    Weight: 9
    +1 to all saving throws
    Sets constitution to 18

3x/day – Mystra’s Benevolence (immune to fear, charm, and confusion; 10 rounds)
    2x/day – Mystra’s Embrace (heal 2d8 +1/lvl, 30’ radius)
    1x/day – Mystra’s Fury (10d6 fire damage, 10d6 cold damage, 10d6 acid damage, save for ½ damage with –5 penalty)

Usable by:
    Mages (including dual & multi-classes)
    Clerics (including dual & multi-classes)

[ March 14, 2003, 21:49: Message edited by: Spelladonna ]

10. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

"The Black Rose"
    Short sword +3

Attributes:

• Ignores Protection from magical weapons spell
    • -1 to damage per hit
    • +3 enchantment
    • 50% slow on successful strike
    • 50% hold on successful strike
    • Intelligent
    Upon growing old, the master Dustman assassin 'The Black Rose' forged a legendary short sword. This weapon was the perfect assassin's tool, with its slowing and paralyzing enchantment. It could cut through all magical protection, albeit lacking sheer killing power. 'The Black Rose' was no longer a man, he was now a sword. His essence was inside the blade he had crafted.. and he still loved to send people to the Final Death.

Beren, could you expand on this idea?

11. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I can only think of so much at any given time, but if I can think of anything, certainly.

Apeman, I've got an idea for your staff, but I'll let you try first. Let me know if and when you want me to take over.

Well wouldn't you know? I put some thought into the Blackrose on the way home.

The Blackrose +3, "A Kiss before Dying"

Towards the end, I'd rework it like ...

Afterwards, as he became older still, the Black Rose viewed his own death with a certain alarm. Granted, he never wavered in his worship of Mask. An afterlife with one's deity of choice is always the reward of the faithful. The fact remained that the Black Rose worried over the loss of the pleasure he took in killing. Opportunities for assassination in the afterlife, even the afterlife of one's choice, are admittedly few. In his blackest of hearts, he spoke a silent prayer for his dilemna to be resolved. The Patron of Thieves heard, and answered.

The Black Rose's essence and mind fused with his trusty blade. Formerly, it possessed a dull ebony sheen. Now, that sheen can only be seen around the edges. To look upon the blade itself is like staring straight into the Void. It is now deadlier than ever.

I won't interfere with what your short sword can do, but I feel that it is open to complaints of being overpowered. You might contemplate allowing saving throws on its debilitative powers, even with -4 penalties and such.

[ March 15, 2003, 04:18: Message edited by: Beren ]

12. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Nature's Defender

This powerfull quarter staff earned the name whilst in possesion of the single most famous druid along the Sword Coast. The history on this druid is still hazy to this day but various rumours indicate that he was once name Jaep.

Very few is known of Jaep before he became the powerfull druid he is nowadays, but few say he lived in a small village near sharp teeth wood and was kidnapped by raiders at the age of twelve. No one knows what happened in the time between but after 10 years he was sighted by a caravan heading north. They saw a man clad in green wielding a glowing green staff and he was surrounded by fierce animals.

In the next decades the fame of Jaep grew while he almost cleansed the entire region of banditry. In these years he became known by many names: Nature's Wrath, Guardian of Nature and Apeman.

How this weapen came here is still a mystery, some say he was finally killed by his own animals, others say he retired and laid this staff in a sacred shrine in sharp teeth wood.

Statistics:

Special:
    Summon spectral panther 3X a day
    Summon spectral polar bear 3X a day
    +2 AC
    Creeping doom 2X a day
    Damage: 1d8 +5
    Thac0: +5
    Only usuable by: (multi classed) druids

[ March 16, 2003, 11:01: Message edited by: Apeman ]

13. Xyphys Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This is my idea:

Sacrifice

This is the magical Two Handed Sword +20: Sacrifice. It is the favourite weapon of the mighty traveller Xyphys.

STATISTICS:

Damage: 1D10 + 20 undisclosed damage
    Special: THAC0 set to -20
    Armor Class set to 20
    Damage type: slashing
    Weight: 20
    Speed Factor: 9
    Proficiency Type: Two handed sword
    Type: 2-handed
    Requires: 18 Strength

14. Sir Ai Rayzor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

@ Beren: I think the items you have created are totally awsome! - and I was wondering if you could check this ring for flaws, overpoweredness and the like :D

<Item>
    Ring Of the Drowwarrior:

When worn this ring grants:
    +5 to Thac0
    +3 magic damage
    Cast Blindness 3/day
    Cast Fireball 3/day
    +2 to Strength
    +2 to Constitution
    +2 to Dexterity

Only usable by:
    Fighter
    Ranger
    Monk

<Item Description>
    The infamous drowwarrior, Sir Ai Rayzor, used this ring many decades ago to raid the cities of the Sword Coast. He was feared by everyone. Until one day where an adventurer named Drizzt came along and ended his dangerous journey by sending him to Hell. The ring was crafted by the Duergar - Sir Ai Rayzor simply threatened to destroy their prime city with his wast army, if they would not create him this ring.

[ March 16, 2003, 10:00: Message edited by: Sir Ai Rayzor ]

15. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I guess all these items will be so highly priced because of their overpoweredness, not even all of the gold in Athkatla wil do. :rolleyes:

16. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Some of the original items in the game are themselves overpowered.

Take for example, Robe of Vecna + Staff of the Magi, that combination is outright ridiculous (yet fun).

A good reference point is the items in Deidre's shop, which are themselves quite powerful. The Vhailor's Helm provides an A.C. bonus, and enables some really awesome tactics. The Shield of Balduran turns Beholders of all creatures into little puppies. Has anyone ever tried Beholders in the Eye of the Beholder series? If your items are not more powerful than those ones, then I don't think you're upsetting the apple cart too much.

I won't go into specifics about the Drow Ring, but I can add some suggestions when you're trying to address game balance.

1) If you want to add gobs of abilities, consider adding drawbacks to the use of the item. For example, Khazrag's Rage is a top-notch full plate that inflicts fire damage on whoever strikes the wearer. So ... I threw in the 5% chance of Sunfire to provide a counterbalance. The 500 lb. weight means a giant strength girdle is necessary, and therefore no Golden Girdles or Girdles of Bluntness, etc.

2) Place substantial restrictions on who can use it. If any item I've so far created is overpowered, it's the Helm of Nuhn. This was pretty much necesary since to put it roughly, Master of Nuhn = Divine Champion of Lathander = Melchezidek of the Bible. So, I made it so that only good clerics can use it. Anomen bashers, and there's an army of them here at SP, may find themselves tempted to use him.

3) Restrict the situations it is useful in. Take for example Faragon's Companion. Korgan players know that he has so many quick-weapon slots to use. The axe will provide an easy anti-missile weapon option. When it comes to actual attacking power, it really comes to its own only in Chapter 5 and Sendai's Enclave.

4) An approach that can be tried is to dream up a story about your item first. Then, you build your item around that story. This should also be apparent with Faragon's Companion. Trust me on this one, the story came first. What, with his avatar and title of 'next elven archer gets me axe in his belly'? The abilities of the axe are then fitted with the background to its creation.

5) Consider how your opposition can get around the powers of your item. The reason I made the suggestion that I did to Blackrose is that 50% chance of paralyzing without a save and 50% chance of slow without a saving throw outdoes the Flail of Ages, which is one of THE scapegoats for complaints of overpowered items.

Hope it helps.

17. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Based on Ephesians 6, I am thinking on creating my ideas for a complete Paladin/Cleric-garment, consisting of about 12 items, related to 3 Gods:
    Helm: Protector: the Father
    Ilmater: Sacrificer: the Son
    Lathander: Hope, Renewal: the Spirit
    :D

Is in gonna be overpowered? That's... erm... quite possible

18. The Archmage Neon Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, Taza, looks like you're really in for it now. :heh:

19. Beren

Media:
    Dragon's Jewel, "Courage under Fire"

It is an understandable, yet sad, statement on humanity that it is prone to taking the easy way out. The story behind this amulet is just such a statement.

In ages past, anecdotes speak of a small bygone kingdom that had made a pact with an ancient Red Dragon. In return for their crops and villages being left alone, the kingdom would sacrifice a maiden on each full moon. The unfortunate victim was always selected by a lottery.

Though her name has been lost to the annals of history, those same anecdotes speak of a woman of incredible beauty, with long, sweeping brown hair and a stern bearing. Being an experienced adventurer herself, she wasn't afraid to speak her mind. She was a vigorous opponent of the sacrifices. Such was her courage that she dared with impunity to criticize the king in the courtyard before his very castle.

As it turned out, her turn came up in the lottery. Some versions of the story claim that the king fixed the lottery in order to remove embarrassing opposition. And so she was led away to be chained to the stake, with no one lifting a hand in her defence.

The Red Dragon in question took a sadistic pleasure in allowing his victims to escape, playing cat and mouse with them, watching them flee and cower in terror, before he devoured them. He was in for quite the surprise that day. Expecting screams of terror from the maiden who stood chained before him, he received instead her unflinching stare of utter defiance and hatred. Surprised, and amused, the dragon brought his eyes level with hers. The two of them stared each other down for well over an hour. The most popular versions of the story claim that she never blinked once. Once this had gone on long enough, the dragon turned around and slunk away. The maiden screamed after him, "Get it over with!" To her suprise, he came back and snapped the chains that held her. He then dropped the choicest gemstone from his hoard into her hands. The lady had won his respect.

She then returned to the castle of the king. An astonished monarch was at a loss for words as the lady dropped the jewel at his feet, and then spat into his face. The penalty for such an insult was execution. All things considered, the king declined. Indeed, his knights cleared out of her way as she strode from the hall. She had then disowned her people, who proved themselves lacking in the conviction and courage that was needed to stand up to evil. She had left for good to seek a life elsewhere.

The historical veracity of this legend is hard to confirm. The reason of course is that most people wouldn't dare come within a hundred feet of a dragon's lair to witness what happened, much less stare one in the eye. Nonetheless, this gemstone bound to a copper chain is a considerable boon to anyone who entertains the thought of challenging a dragon. Wizardly enchantment has never been suggested as an altnernative to the generally accepted conclusion that it was empowered by her indomitable will.

+4 bonus to saving throws versus breath weapon
    +20% each to acid, cold, electrical, and fire resistance
    immunity to fear

20. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Okay, i am starting to refine these ideas to a mod today (BTW: great work, Beren :thumb: )

I am making a new post for my tzshop mod, which will include those items that just will not fit into the "Sorcerer's place member items" category.

@Beren
    Could you do a item for Rallymama?
    I need a healing item. Something like a buckler with heal/restoration cast 3 times/day...

Decides not to write a signature this time

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.