1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sorcerer's Place Member Item Shop mod (temp frozen, waiting for IEEP2)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Taza, Mar 12, 2003.

1. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

I am planning a Sorcerer's Place shop mod.

Shopkeeper is Taluntain, and there would be LOTS of Sorcerer's Place Forums members as items...

Eze, the angst katana +3

Damage 1D8 +3 +6 angst damage (use cold damage)
    Fear & Doom every hit...

So, how does it sound?

You mess with me, i mess with you.

[ March 09, 2004, 20:28: Message edited by: Taza ]

2. Xyphys Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Very nice.

Who will be the best weapon?

3. Taza

I dunno, i need suggestions.

I am planning a sword named Taluntain.

Taluntain, the almighty bastard sword +5

Thac0: +8
    Damage: 1D10 +8 +10 Fire damage
    5% chance to imprison the target on hit
    5% chance to maze the target on hit
    5% chance to disintergate on hit
    5% chance to do extra 50 hp damage
    Removes 1 charisma (from target) and gives +1 wisdom (to target) on hit.
    30% chance to call forth the archimagi Blackthorne TA for 30 seconds on hit.
    30% chance to call forth the 1337 slayer Extremist for 30 seconds on hit.
    Causes fear on target on every hit.

+3 intelligence when wielded.
    Sets profiency in Bastard swords to 3 when wielded.

Sorcerers and mages can wield this sword.
    Required intelligence 15.

4. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Please make me an item :D
    Or at the very least a kobold assistant :p

5. Taza

Just send in the type & stats of the item. A description is also required.

I will then change them to fit the mod. :rolling:

6. Jesper898 Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Jesper's folly

Chainmail+7

"During a hard battle against some orcs in the Spine of the World, the young warrior(who had never had a girlfriend) Jesper wore this chainmail.
    It had been given to him by an old hag, and Jesper naturally didnt think anything could be bad about the armor(he never found it strange that he were unable to remove it).
    During the battle with the orcs, Jesper was heard saying "I can handle them" right before an arrow pierced his eye.

Armor Stats:
    Cursed
    Wearer is feebleminded
    Wearer looses 4 CHA and 2 STR
    Wearer is immune to fear
    Wearer has a -2 penalty on all Saving Throws
    Wearer has the ugly cloak of mirroring effect (keeping the chicks away)
    Wearer can cast Larlochs minor drain 3/day
    Wearer can cast burning hands 1/day
    whenever wearer is hit there is a 20% chance that the attacker is disentegrated, and a 1% chance that wearer is disentegrated.

How about this:
    Two handed sword + 5 "Spam Bane"

+5 Thac0
    30% to cast Disentegrate on monster on each hit.
    Wearer can cast Fireball 3/day
    on each hit there is a 10% chance to summon a Balor

Or what about Ring of farting
    "The destroyer of worlds, the killer of thousands, Some have sought it, most have feared it......The Ring of Farting(batteries sold seperately)
    Cast Cloudkill 5/day
    Cast Stinking cloud 5/day

Couldnt come up with a description for sword :(

Edit: Yeah disentegrate saves are allowed :)

[ March 14, 2003, 15:21: Message edited by: jesper898 ]

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

@Jesper: i think that armor of yours is to heavily cursed. And about that disentegration: saves are allowed?

Can you make an item that would do less damage and gice you extra 2 attacks?

I love hitting often and with less damage (fun lasts longer :p ), it gives my mages a chance to get a spell of before all enemies are already dead.

Something like:

Katana of lightning speed +3

Statistics:
    special: gives two extra attacks per round
    to hit: +3
    damage: 1d10-4
    speed factor: 1
    usable by: all except mages, sorcerers and clerics

Is it possible?

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    You will be including the Boots of Idiot Removal won't you? :rolling:

9. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Faragon's Companion, "The Elf Slayer"

Relations between Elves and Dwarves have always been at best uneasy, and at worst downright bloody. Faragon's hatred for anything elven was exceptional even by dwarven standards.

Early in his career, Faragon insisted on joining the vanguard of a dwarven host that was to join their Elven enemies in battle. Such bravado was not without a price. Before he even had the chance to close in on his foes, he took an arrow in the shoulder. He lay on the battlefield too injured to get back up, and passed out.

The Dwarves won the field that day in a convincing, though hard won, victory. The camp that night was alive with the Dwarves celebrating and drinking the whole night through. However, the recuperating Faragon was in no mood to celebrate. He was angry at having been deprived of the chance to participate in the victory.

His bitterness became so great that he commissioned the Duergar to craft a special axe for him. The next time he took the field marked the birth of a legend. As the Dwarven and Elven forces eyed each other across the battlefield, Faragon strode forward. In a booming voice that all could hear, he declared, "Next pansy elven archer gets me axe in his belly!" To this day, Dwarves everywhere regale with fondness that the Elvish host immediately turned around and fled for their very lives. What Elvish historians have to say has yet to be heard.

Many would be the myths and legends that would be ascribed to Faragon and the axe that he carried in his belt, day and night. It was said that arrows and bolts would be snared in by the axe like a magnet, and then clatter harmlessly off the blade. Even the Drow, whose culture preaches utter fearlessness against the enemies of Lolth, dreaded to come within ten feet of Faragon and his mighty weapon.

Attack Bonus: +3, +6 vs. Elves, Half-Elves, and Drow.
    Damage: 1d8+3, +6 vs. Elves, Half-Elves, and Drow
    Special:
    +4 A.C. vs. missile weapons
    any elf, half-elf, or drow struck by the weapon must save vs. death at -2 or die instantly.
    Proficiency: Axe, one-handed

[ March 13, 2003, 10:52: Message edited by: Beren ]

10. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Jesper. ROFL :D That was so cool. I want that item.

Beren. Is this a real item that Faragon wants?

Taza. Was that sword called Taluntain the right type? I thought a Vorpal blade as longsword would be better. Bastard sword is too harsh...

11. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Well, while I was eating supper, I had what was for lack of a better word, "inspiration". I just had to post it once I worked out the details.

No, I didn't consult Faragon. If he doesn't want that particular representation in the Sorcerer's Place mod, I can certainly respect that.

12. Khazraj Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

You've got such a good imagination! ;) Can you make up an item that would represent the avatar that I have?

13. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] Here's a demented weapon that I posted a while ago:

Sword of Giant Space Hamsters

This would be a +3 two handed sword that can only be used by the "chosen ones" - i.e. Minsc.

This sword would be warm to the touch and would occasionly make a strange happy squeak in battle. The user would be protected from all forms of mind control - psionic blasts, charm, etc....

... and now the fun part

Every time the enemy is hit, there would be a 10% chance that they would be transformed into a hamster!! They would drop everything they were holding.

14. Beren

Media:
    Well, here's what I came up with once I thought about it.

Khazraj's Rage, "The Molten Plate"

Khazraj was especially brutal and powerful, even for a Fire Giant. He and his band of Fire Giants, Sun Giants, and Fire Trolls were the terror of caravans and humanoid settlements in both the southern reaches of Tethyr and the Calim desert.

However, with the self-gratification that came with such destructive pillaging also came increased notoriety. It was only a matter of time before the powers that be in Tethyr took notice, and made concerted efforts at bringing the villainous giant to justice. He and his motley crew were last known to have sought refuge within the Marching Mountains.

It is roughly around this time that his armor first made its appearance in Athkatla. It glows with an eerie red light, as though a fire elemental were trapped within and trying to escape. Indeed, one of many reasons Khazraj was so hard to kill was that striking the armor invariably burned the assailant. Any who wish to don this armor must also realize that the fire encased within the armor will occasionally burst, scorching friend and foe alike. Also, even though the armor has been magically resized so that a humanoid can wear it, it remains so heavy that a strength enhancing item is all but mandatory.

Considering the infamous tales of Khazraj's brutal yet impressive exploits, it is safe to assume that he lost the armor to subterfuge as opposed to more forceful methods. Whomever wears this armor should keep this in mind should he be planning a trip south.

Armor Class: -2
    Weight: 500 lbs.
    Special:
    50% Fire Resistance
    each time the wear is struck, the assailant suffers 1d10 fire damage.
    there is a 5% chance on the wearer being struck that the armor will unleash a Sunfire spell.

Hope you like it. :)

[ March 13, 2003, 09:36: Message edited by: Beren ]

15. Taza

LOL!

More, More, More...

I am starting to do it at monday, if i have 20 good items...

16. Beren

Media:
    Well, I hope Gopher doesn't mind this, but I came up with another one.

Gopher's Silver Harp, "The Enigma"

Gopher was a half-elven bard of considerable skill. Granted, Gopher was an unusual name for a Bard. Yet he was a minstrel and an actor through and through. He much preferred life on the stage or in the tavern to the often self-gratifying lot of the adventurer. Glory, wealth, and the acquisition of items of great magical power meant nothing to him. It was not often that he could be persuaded to join in an adventure.

As and when he elected to join an adventuring company, it was always for a new experience, to meet new people, or to see a new part of the world. It was not long before a self-serving Red Wizard of Thay observed this pattern in Gopher's seemingly enigmatic behaviour.

He duped the bard into a journey into some distant catacombs. The bard had been convinced that he would be helping the locals by ridding the catacombs of the undead and other monstrosities within. Also ... he had not been to this particular area before. As it turned out, what the Red Wizard really wanted was help clearing out the guardians of a powerful magic staff. Gopher was angered when he caught on to the wizard's deceit, but he let the matter pass.

It was when he heard that the wizard was using his newfound power to oppress the locals that Gopher decided to take action. Before the Wizard had time to react, Gopher struck a chord on his silver harp. The Wizard was rendered mute. Of course, he had a spell to get around this. But this bought Gopher enough time to play the harp in earnest, a melody that tore apart the wizard's mind. Left slavering at the mouth, he was then helpless before Gopher's blade.

Equip in quick-item slot.
    Power Word Silence: three times a day.
    Feeble Mind: three times a day.

I figured, it's a way to work in Gopher's abject preference for role-playing over powergaming.

17. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

How can I not want that description? I love it! It had me laughing out loud at least three times! :grin: Thanks a lot, that's the best description for a weapon I've read sofar :) and I certainly don't mind it representing me :D If you could include "pansy" before "elven archer" it would be perfect. :cool: (I would've put it in the title, but then it went over 45 characters)
    :lol: :thumb:

18. Beren

Media:
    Faragon, wish granted and "pansy" has been inserted into the post. ;)

Well ...

Arabwel's Second Hand "Slashing a Path to Fortune"

Arabwel was arguably the deadliest ninja to ever stalk the land of Kara-tur. Though a seemingly frail young girl, she was lean, hard, and possessed of a speed of movement that could match any samurai.

After being hounded in the city by local authorities, she fell in with a band of highway robbers and thugs. Initially, there was no low to which this group would not stoop. But by sheer force of will and the strength of her skill, she moulded them into a vigilante group that lived by the cliche, "steal from the rich, give to the poor". This transition was not easy to enforce. But once complete, it was a rare member of the group that would speak against her. It was rarer still for one to take up his blade against her.

Of course, what would banditry of even the nobility be without some reward? Arabwel eventually retired a wealthy woman, admired by her fellow bandits and common folk alike. How her powerful katana has made its way here remains a mystery.

Damage: 1d10+3
    Attack Bonus: +3
    Special:
    Improved Invisibility once a day
    1 extra attack each round
    +2d4 electrical damage
    Proficiency: Katana

EDIT: Taza, I've added the second name for this katana

[ October 01, 2003, 18:12: Message edited by: Beren ]

19. Taza

@Kitrax

Of course the boots of idiot removal are in that mod! :rolling:

@Everyone / Virne

Dialogue for Taluntain, the shopkeeper in needed.

20. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Heh, when rereading the description, the name "Faragon's Fury" comes to mind :) (Which is ironic, because that was originally the name of a self designed spell for an elvish mage of mine. :D )

I'm trying to cook up something for Master of Nuhn like "Nuhn's Flail", but I'm lacking inspiration. :bang: I never was the creative type :sosad:

Edit: Taza, you shouldn't allow people to buy the sword Taluntain. Instead, have it on our dear shopkeep, and let those who try to take his power face his wrath. Any and all who try to pickpocket or attack Taluntain will be automatically booted from the game :grin: :evil: If that's workable within the code of course ;)

[ March 13, 2003, 12:18: Message edited by: Faragon ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.