1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

High level Monks

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Drumheller, Apr 26, 2003.

1. Drumheller Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

How do high level Monks (say, above 6 million exp) compare to the other warrior classes? I'm thinking about including one in my next party and want to know how he's going to hold up. With the fantastic magic weapons in ToB, it's gonna be hard going only with fists, but quivering palm is awful intriguing :D .

2. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

[​IMG] I have been told that the only reason you get Monks is for their beefiness at high levels, although I have never used one myself for that long. Look at their rules, that should convince you enough :grin:

3. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

A high level monk can do more damage than a fighter with a big sword at times. Abnd with all the other abilities gained, your monk would seem like a god.

4. Sephiroth Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yeah,he gets a magic resistance,five attacks per round and some other goodies :D .In SoA he he could do more damage at high Levels than a fighter with his strongest sword at the same level!He's only hard to play when he's low leveled.

5. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

AFAIK he's not all that strong.

I remember putting a monk against Korgan (shield). Both had HLA's. He was defeated every time.
    True i didnt know the best way to use a monk perhaps as i didnt play him long. I just created him to see how he fares in ToB.

My other experience with monks is Balthazar(improved one). He was quite a tank though he had unrealisticaly high HP (over 300) and really strange 2 attacks per round. :confused: it was really strange.
    But i guess he cant compare to PC monk couse he had all sorts of other techniques never seen with a normal monk.

6. r'Hant Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The Monk class takes you very close to be a God Of Murder: here's a look at my level 20+ monk:

- immune to non-magical weapons;
    - immune to disease, poison;
    - 120% magic resistance (no, magic missile didn't heal him, but still...);
    - +4 unarmed attack (with some magical gauntlets);
    - very fast movement/attack rate, AC around -5 (I don't remember the exact figures);
    - not to mention saving throws of 3-5.

In short, nothing touched him and everything died in maximum 3 rounds. Except mages, with whom I never had to hurry: I just waited for their protective spells to wear off. :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.