1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World of Baldur's Gate...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by jA, Dec 15, 2005.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Tal - I read the news. I'm waiting, not patiently, but I'm waiting. :D Oh and there's this silly thing I need like a new graphics card or something.

@jA - I don't like WoW or the Warcraft games. It doesn't matter if they turn off pking or not.

2. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    @ Kuemper

But WoW has nothing, besides being set in the same wortld, to do with the other warcraft games. They were more of strategy games whereas WoW is an ARPG. But hey, it's not like I'm telling you folks to go play MMORPG's if you don't want to.

3. jA Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

@kuemper
    OK..sorry.

I hope i can play D&D whit my s**t graphics card..

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

And that's what makes it a good MMORPG. It doesn't leech off of the Warcraft storyline, and if I were inclined to play an MMO, WoW is probably where I'd start. But that doesn't mean some moron in marketing couldn't come up with the idea to ruin the name of a perfectly good series with a cr*ppy MMO; thankfully, Warcraft got lucky.

Now there's an idea! :thumb: It'd probably take a ****load of servers to build and maintain the entire campaign world, but it might be worth it. I can just imagine the entire world of D&D going compy now... :bigeyes:

F*ck WotC, let Bioware buy the D&D license. :p

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

This idea reiminds me slightly of Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. Where everyone's a different race, etc.

I would sure buy it!! Now you guys have gotten me all excited... :(

6. Felinoid

:sick: Good glaven, I hope not; that was a complete waste of money.

7. jA Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

quote:
    And in WoF our chars wont be Bhallspawns,they will be adventures! Each race could have different starting place/town in Faerun!And then of to on line adventuring across Faerun!
    Now there's an idea! It'd probably take a ****load of servers to build and maintain the entire campaign world, but it might be worth it. I can just imagine the entire world of D&D going compy now...

F*ck WotC, let Bioware buy the D&D license.
    end of quote

Well tnx Fel! Hope that D&D would be like that!

8. Yulaw9460 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran

Media:
    Question: If a hypothetical World of Faerun was made in time, wouldn´t we see Baldur´s Gate, Candlekeep, Amkethran and all the other locations from the Baldur´s Gate saga along with locations from Icewind Dale anyway? And characters from those games like, let´s say Imoen, or Drizzt? A World of Faerun would include these things, or else it would seem rather stupid. Wouldn´t leaving some of these things out be sullying the game just as much, Felinoid? (pretending that such a game was ever realeased, of course)

9. Felinoid

@Yulaw:
    Of course you'd see the places, but not the people. Setting it in the same time would mean Bhaalspawn roaming the land and murdering adventurers, and I don't think a horde of overpowered (and none too picky) killing machines stomping newbie players would go over very well. :heh: You might set it after the time of BG1 & 2, but that would mean that Imoen and the rest would be old and gray (if not dead). Perhaps plot devices, but nothing more. It's the setting that should stay the same, but the Bhaalspawn saga should be completely over. :nono: It has to be a different game.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Playing MMORGS is sad and the domain of 14 year old saddo freaks with no social skills... right.
    And I suppose completing the same game 20+ times is the height of cool :lol: .
    Some of you shouldn't be so pre-judgemental.

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hey now! I have social skills! Ask anyone on SP and they'll tell you! :mommy: Oooh that's probably not a good example.

I wouldn't mind as long as the pking is kept to a minimum in special areas that us non-pkers can easily avoid.

Though this is all in our dreams. WotC or anyone else won't make something this interesting or potentially profitable.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I didn't say that kuemper, I was quoting someone else. They were probably joking but it needed raising none-the-less ;) .

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.