1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

World of Baldur's Gate...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by jA, Dec 15, 2005.

1. jA Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I was playing World of Warcraft and an idea cross my mind... World of Baldurs Gate!
    This game would be as BG but on line just like WoW.
    Graphics from BG,rules etc..
    No companions to join jour party just others players who play on line at the time,you can ask them to join up whit you and make game easier,and some monster are to strong to defeat alone,but requires a party and etc..
    And some how connect the game whit the real story.

Maybe this was for unreleased game forum,or maybe for BG3 forum,don't know. I only want to hear yours opinion about my idea.

[ December 16, 2005, 14:46: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

[​IMG] No. There's plenty of other crappy MMO's out there without needlessly sullying the BG name. Making one in the FR setting might not be quite as horrendous an idea, but that would be something more along the lines of "World of Faerun". But trying to leech off of a perfectly good storyline results in only crappy sequels. Needless to say, I would not even glance in the direction of such a monumental waste of good programmers' time.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

BLASPHEMY!!!

No, A WoBG would not be good. I am with Fel on this one, perhaps making an FR one, but BG is too precious...

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

HERESY!!! Burn the heretic :)

Seriously I agree with the other guys World of Faerun maybe (I'd copyright that quickly Fel If I were you) but the BG series is too strong a storyline to be weakened for an MMORPG.

5. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

World of Faerun sounds great to me!!

Maybe free online play? :D :D :D

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Dream on :lol:

7. jA Gems: 3/31

World of Faerun,sounds good to me.
    Imagine,the whole Faerun in one game!
    That would be very fun to play don't you think? And without HERESY!!! or BLASPHEMY!!! on BG. :)

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

WoF? Another place for player killing. :shake: No thanks.

9. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

:grr: Actually, that would likely be exactly what WoBG would be. Think about it: everyone's a Bhaalspawn striving to be the last. Despicable. :toofar:

10. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Bah... MMORPG are for lowly powergammer and immature 14 year old geek with no social skill whatsover. Meh MMORPGs are span by Satan to mislead us to play crappy waste of money, instead of playing GREAT game.

No do 10 Ave Baldur's Gate and your sin will be cleansed.

11. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I agree with Felinoid. It would get out of hand and just be stupid. People would be too powerful and the story would be ruined. I mean, what if some people chose to play as Gods? What then? When would the story ever end? It's an interesting idea, but there'd have to be some careful planning and a completely different storyline. :)

12. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Very interesting idea jA! Obviously some people don't really agree with your idea here, because it would get out of hand ... BUT I'm sure there's ways of making it work!

I'm sure people would buy WoF if it was released, it would be a VERY interesting piece of work ...

13. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    /me Hides behind my WoW case.

Seriously though, how many of you guys (and girls) have actually PLAYED (not as in the "one-quick-look-this-is-horrible" way) a MMORPG? I've played both WoW and EQ, and even though neither could hold my attention for more than a couple of months I met many friendly people, and actually had good fun during the time (especially EQ has a great atmosphere, and most of the people playing EQ are all but 14-year old kids with bad social skills ;) ).

I think people here on SP may have a catch about being overly judging when it comes to MMORPG's, and are so without the propper knowledge to actually judge the worth of these games...
    [/rant] :p

14. jA Gems: 3/31

I like olimikrig have play MMOPRG (WoW) and the half of my time playing i spend talking to people and makin friends,and other half playing whit them and it was great!
    And in WoF our chars wont be Bhallspawns,they will be adventures! Each race could have different starting place/town in Faerun!And then of to on line adventuring across Faerun!

15. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Those are the words of the follower of Satan! Do not let these evil mislead you! (I don't like MMORPG it doesn't mean I don't like you Oli...)

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I don't like WoW because I didn't like the other Warcraft games. I play onlines games daily and just avoid the places where pking goes on. In some, it ain't easy, but in others, there are actually 'rules' and 'designated areas' for players to kill other players.

I don't recall which MMORPG it was (EverCrack I think), but people kept consistantly killing my puny newbish character! And I hadn't done anything other than poof into existance! :mad:

WoF wouldn't have to be about 'Spawn running amok. It could just be the races hanging out and doing their daily lives thing. Like ST:Battlefronts maybe.

I would play happily, *IF* player killing was either unavailable or regulated to specific areas of the gaming world. Warnings such as: Don't go to the Underdark! or Anuroch is a dangerous place for the lone player! would fit in well.

17. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] All the comments here make me wonder if anyone here ever checks the news on SP, or any other forums besides the BG2 ones. Dungeons & Dragons Online is due to be released in a few months. It's D&D. It's online. It's not FR, but it's Eberron, which is close enough.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Actually, given that everyone was a Bhaalspawn, PKing would have to be mandatory. They could start games every hour, get a few hundred Bhaalspawn in the game, and basically turn it into a last man standing match.

19. jA Gems: 3/31

@ kuemper
    You have WoW servers where other players cant attack you
    if you don't want to,a.k.a if you turn on or off PvP.
    You can turn on or off PvP any time and anywhere.

D&D online?
    Heard something about it..better check the news..

20. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Oli, I played runescape for about a year - it was great until eleventy billion people joined.

I wanted to get into Knights Online, because the graphics looked kickass, but it screwed my computer up.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.