1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Sarevok is gonna kick ass

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by antoine, Jun 6, 2001.

1. antoine Guest

With Sarevok as a NPC it is chanching my whole few on evil party's. OK, Edwin maybe the best mage in the game and Korgan one of the best tanks but besides that there wasn't really any proper evil party material. I'm actually thinking of playing next time with an evil party (never done that before!!!) and all because of Sarevok. Just looking at his stats makes you wishing he was good. (For those of you who haven't seen his stats: Str: 18/00
    Dex: 17
    Con: 18
    Int: 15
    Wis: 10
    Cha: 15)

So are there more of ye who gonna play evil next time with Sarevok in your party??

I only hope you can take Sarevok with you in Chapter 2 just like all the other NPC's

2. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

MAN!

Sarevok really kicks some serious butt. I'm gonna buy ToB just because this guy!

He's dangerous!!!

3. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If I ever get ToB I'm asuring you that I'm not letting that egoistic prick in my party no matter his stats!

I'm about to play my role, not powergaming.

4. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Haha, go play with your barbie-dolls then, Extremist!

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Sarevok does indeed look robust, no doubt. And some of his bhallspawn-only special abilities will be *very* powerful. I´d bet he´ll be proficient in two-handed swords. However, I have an emotional sentiment aginst this guy.

It´s just like with yoshimo - traps or not he´s a traitor - and for me Sarevok remains to be an evil bastard slaying thousands for fun. And after beeing stopped in his ambitions once by my char, I can hardly imagine him volunteering to follow me and he wouldn´t change for me either.

The only interesting thing about Sarevok is that he´ll probably have cool sounds and conversations.

6. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Da punisher, that's the most brilliant idea I've heard in last two months!

Only, will you please give them back to me? Last time you almost killed me when I tried to get them. :p

7. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I missed out on BG1, so I don't really have an emotional bias toward Saervok.

However, I'm guessing they are going to develop a beautiful and compelling script that explains why he would be joinging the party. From a sheer roll-playing perspective, I think they will make it very hard to pass him up.

8. Avooch Dar Guest

Stats Stats!!!!
    Those are rubbish stats my fighters for a start would nearly always have 19 strength 18 dexterity and 19 constitution. (race is not the issue)

Anyway my Paladin has
    str:19
    Dex:19
    Cons:13
    Int:13
    Wis:21
    cha:19
    Sarevock is just another let down. I would not bother with him in my party and your main characters must be REALLY crap whatever class they are if you think he is good!! :( :(

9. Jack Funk Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I'm looking forward to seeing him again.
    But he won't be joining my party, he'll be getting his ass kicked.

10. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Avooch how did you do that? do u cheat?

11. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Allow me to defend Your Mighty paladin Sir Dargorn:

he just read all the Tomes in BG1. One of the bonusses to import a Bg1 PC.

12. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Nobleman, that's one nice BI customer support. If you wanna get boost, buy all their games.

Thank god I bought BG1 before, but what about others who didn't? This is forcing people to do something, don't you think? I hate 'em.

13. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] No those stats can be valid. I have a Druid started in BG which rolled up 98 points and after reading all 8(!) tomes he had 106 points going into BG2.

Sarevok's stats total 93 then. That's the best of all NPC's and it should be compared to NPC's and not the protagonist. The protagonist can have better stats, especially if he's been through BG/TotSC, but Sarevok is not the protagonist.

I think it's nice that evil parties get another NPC.

Antoine!
    Don't forget Viconia, arguably the best cleric in BG2.

[This message has been edited by Earl Grey (edited June 06, 2001).]

14. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

How about Sarevok's alignment aye?

a.) Lawful evil?
    b.) Neutral evil?
    c.) Chaotic evil - I surely would vote for "c"

[This message has been edited by TIN_MAN (edited June 07, 2001).]

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I agree, stats like Avooch´s indeed can be valid. IIRC my best roll ever was about basic 99 in BG-1. Consuming the tomes it was raised by another 6 points to 105 (I didn´t want to increase strength :D ).

Yesterday I looked over my old chars from BG-1 and found my old pal Brogomil (halfling thief):

str-18-0 (originally: 17)
    dex-20 (originally: 19) => for the thieving abilities
    con-16 (originally: 15)
    int: 14 (originally: 13) => lore and pride :D
    wis: 18 (originally: 16) => good st vs. spells and lore
    char: 10 (originally: 9)

totalling basic 89 and final 96 points.

No stat point wasted :) , so, if there is something to critisize about Avoch´s char it is that con´s too low, wis too high (no more saving throw boni beyond 18 and no extra spells) but these are just my thoughts :D :p

[This message has been edited by Ragusa (edited June 07, 2001).]

16. antoine Guest

To TIN_MAN: he is indeed chaotic evil

To Earl Grey: Anomen is the best cleric and not Viconia and you calculated him at 93? Either you must be miss calculating or I made a mistake because it is 95.

WOOPS, I made a mistake with his INT or WIS I guess one of those two should be two points higher but I can remember which one :(

To Avooch: My main character aren't crap, he just amazes me because he is the best NPC

[This message has been edited by antoine (edited June 07, 2001).]

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

You are right E! In Your usaul preculiar way. Buy all our games and be stronge. hehe ;) I bet You a buck that many uses this as an excuse to raise their stats with SK though. :mad: Are you gonna cry now? :p

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited June 07, 2001).]

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Me? Cry? No. :p

I'm right now trying something, and if that gets to work that will end SK career permanently. ;)

19. antoine Guest

OK i looked it up and these are Sarevok's actual stats (for those interested):
    STR 18/00
    DEX 17
    CON 18
    INT 17 (whatever that may be good for with a fighter??)
    WIS 10
    CHA 15

TOTAL 95

[This message has been edited by antoine (edited June 08, 2001).]

20. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Intelligence is very important for a fighter, you amateur! ;)
    You can use protection scrolls if you have high intelligence and you can beat those nasty illithid and ulitharids with high intelligence. And ofcourse you know a couple of languages, so you can order dinner in every restaurant, even when it isn't in Amn! ;)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.