1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Another BGtutu question.

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dave the Magic Turtle, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I downloaded BGTutu and finally managed to get it to install after reinstalling BG1.

My problem comes when try to start a new game; it comes up with the loading screen and then crashes back to the windows desktop, saying something like, (I don't remember exactally):

Assertion failed in line 808.

Please help :(

2. Zorith Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Same thing happened to me and I tried everything, except for reinstalling my operating system. I just said screw it and played it normally. I was using the "Orginal Saga" CD pack.

3. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Yep, happened to me too. Something like D:bad:dev something. I think you should try starting a game in BG2, but I'm not sure.

4. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Yes, you need to start Tutu by opening BG2 with your regular BG2/ToB disc in the drive. It is a bit counter-intuitive for a lot of folks. :)

5. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    So I put my BG2 disc in and open BG2 not BG1?

That doesn't make sense to me but hey I'll give it a shot, or am I missing your point CamDawg?

6. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

No that's correct. Treat it just like you were starting a new game of SoA--same disc, same shortcut, etc.

7. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It threw me the first time I tried Tutu but I kept trying different discs till one of them worked.

8. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] hi sam aka (the turtle)

uh sorry but what the hell is the tutu?

9. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

BG1Tutu is a mod that allows you to play BG1 in the BG2 engine.

Check the Comprehensive Mod List for details.

10. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31

call me a dumbass but does that really make a difference?

11. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Yes.

Better resolution, you can use kits, you have a higher XP cap, you can use the TAB key to spot containers, etc.

12. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

You can also restore your full HPs upon resting and not just the 1 that the original gives you back. This really makes a difference when you don't have a healer in the party.

13. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31

Veteran

Media:
    Hey BwS.

I've given up for now, I installed, started up BG2 SoA, New game, and it crashed! :mad:

I've removed it but if someone can tell me something I may have missed then it would be greatly appreciated.

Right I'm off to reinstall both BG1 and 2 because they don't work since I removed tutu!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.