1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

DCing and Longbows

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sir Yerril of Morningmist, Nov 10, 2001.

1. If I DC to a mage from a fighter, can I still use/put proficiency points in longbow and halberds?

2. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

AFAIK, No, but then again, I'm only guessing :)

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Once you dual to a mage, you can no longer gain additional skills as a fighter, so the only proficiencies you can gain are those a mage can get.

4. but can I still use a longbow?

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

When your mage level exceeds your fighter level by one, all things associated with being a fighter come back and work together with your new mage skills. So when that happens, you will be able to use the bow.

6. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Once your DC character is fully completed, and you actually get a new proficiency point as a mage (seems like I waited most of the game for this to happen), you can put that proficiency point into any weapon type or style as well. So you could use that new point to increase your skill with long bow or halabred or whatever.

7. Hooray, now all I have to do is complete BG1 with my fighter and get all the tomes!

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

Note that importing your character lets you put all of your previous proficencies into what you want. So if you DCed having 2 points in large swords and 2 in large bows for example and added 2 extra proficencies in say missle weapons and small swords then you could rearrange those in anyway you want when you import in. That's why I suggest dualing before you import into SoA. Hope this helps :).

9. HunterByNite Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hey, a Mage who uses a longbow sounds really cool! Very appropriate too, especially if he/she has boots of speed on - makes for a great hit-and-run guy with magic to boot!

He/she can then easily take out that pebblecrusher guy and his gang alone just by running round in circles! Say 'Cheese'.

[This message has been edited by HunterByNite (edited November 18, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.