1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Imoen Romance

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Barmy Army, Dec 12, 2006.

1. halstein Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Having a common father would iirc make them full siblings in some of the ancient greek city-states. Having the same mother, but different father meant that you were not siblings at all, and could in fact marry.
    If you consider beeing Bhaal-spawn makes you divine, incest is ok. After all, Zeus was married to his sister Hera. So bonking Imoen should go well with the other god-training.

As to romancing under-age chars. What is legal age in Amn? If medieval Europe is something to go by, marrying at 15 would be considered young, much like marrying at say 20 today. In some parts of the world today, 15-years olds marrying is not unheard of. After all, the fact that Joan of Arc was a virgin at 18, was considered close to a miracle.

Halstein.

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

That, or she was pretty damn ugly. Let's not give a similar impression of Imoen, fictional or not. ;)

[ March 12, 2007, 02:17: Message edited by: Wordplay ]

3. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

thats the greeks they are weirdos.

yeh standards were different back in the middle ages, you be in an arraged marriage at 8 if both sets of paretns agreed.

so the fact that Saeileth is 15 falls in love, in a game that is set in a kind of medieval period doesnt seem so out of place.

Joan was a divine messenger she was too busy talking to god to get knocked up.

4. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    Faerun is a pseudo-historical setting at best. One need only look at their modern values regarding sex and gender equality.

5. Elfen Lied

were you agreeing or disagreeing? sorry its a little hard to tell.

i guess depending on how you look at it the Imoen romance could be construed as Incest, but then again it also isnt, if you think about the weirdo greek thingy Halstein bought up.

I think it is a bit incestuous, but pretty well written none the less.

6. halstein Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Personally, I do think that some would feel romancing Imoen would be incestous, even if you had had no parent in common. They have grown up much like sibling, and would possibly view each other as such. Anyhow, my paladins seems to end up with Aerie anyway.

Having a romance with Imoen before the character found out she was his sister, could be intresting. The shock and horror of finding out.

As to Saeileth, if you think your caracter thinks she is too young, roleplay him that way. One could prehaps mod the mod and have her age altered.

Of course neither Imoen, Saeileth or the character exist in reality.

Halstein.

7. Drew

Media:
    @Elfen Lied: I'm disagreeing. in nearly every conceivable way, the Faerunian world view and cultural values match those of the modern world. Not only that, but human life expectancy is also in step with the modern, first-world life expectancy rather than the 30-40 years that people actually lived in the dark ages. Given that the values held in the Forgotten Realms match up with modern values in every other way, I find it hard to believe that this is the one area that Ed Greenwood would have chosen to make an exception.

8. Die_Bad_Guys Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I have encountered a conflict between Imoen Romance and faster act 1 and 2 cutscenes. There are some dialogue problems if you mess up the order of installiation, but that can happen with tons upon tons of mods.

Perhaps someone could mention the bugs they are encountering, rather then merely saying the mod was an unplayable, buggy mess too filled with buggs bugs to name a specific bug.

9. Elfen Lied

yeh i think imoen romance changes what she is suppose to say during those scenes. so installing the part of the mod that skips them should create an issue.

10. Kip Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Laughed my butt off the entire way through this thread and now its time for me to say :deadhorse: Bhaal is a freaking god for crying out loud. HER HAIR IS PINK!! I don't think you'll be sharing many if any genes with the gal. Besides, there is a couple in um Germany I think that says it's ok.... Don't believe me? Watch this --> You are so not gonna believe this.

11. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    @Kip:

This may not be genetic- it could be easily (and more likely) be the result of either hair dye or a magical accident. Besides, it wasn't pink in BG, therefore implying that the colour change is fairly recent when BG II starts.

12. Kip Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Hah! You got me there. Still, those German people say it's ok, so it's gotta be morally correct right?

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    That's really got nothing to do with this thread, so if you want to have a discussion about it, I suggest you start a new thread in AoDA.

14. Sparkling_Star Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

This is a mod I will not install ever. What the hell is about sister and brother are you guys serious about this mod or is a joke?

15. Exor Gems: 2/31

Beating dead horses..

Your relation with Imoen hardly is genetical and the mental siblings relation is handled by the mod itself pretty well.

Things to ease your mind... Bhaal seems to change nothing in the "flesh" .. Yaga shura(giant), charname(human, elf, gnome..), ..
    So the only thing physical in common between you and Imoen seems to be an extra of bhaal "essence" or "fate".

16. Sparkling_Star Gems: 2/31

Imoen and the main character has the same father right? That is enough.

17. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

That is hardly enought. She is human, and the pc can be elf, half-elf, or even dwarf(but I doubt that Imoen would have anything with short, fat, bearded guy, but, I may be wrong). The point is, having the same father is not nearly enought to consider two peoples siblings, at least in Forgoten Realms.

18. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

This arguement will never die out. Some hates the mod, some likes it. I say each to their own.

@Sparkling_Star

Wait till you see gay romance mods. Ever heard about Chloe and Nathaniel? :shake:

19. Drew

Media:
    I hope there would be at least a bit more controversy surrounding incest than homosexuality in this day and age.

20. Elfen Lied

the gay mods arent really riticuled all that much it seems because, being gay is rather well recieved, but incest is pretty protested.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.