1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Solo character

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sephiroth, May 6, 2003.

1. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

taking the fighter to level 26 was my choice....and to be honest i was very happy how this chararacter turned out....
    but its your choice.....i dualed him at level 26 and you can dual him at any other level (not beyond 26, since if you dual him at level 27 or later he\she will not be able to regain the kensai class). As i said...its your choice....look at the advantages given when you dual and find the best level to dual.

2. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I've not taken a solo character through to the end, but I do tend to play with a small party (usually 3). From my experience, one needs divine spells, fighting ability, hit-points and thieving skills. Thus I'd consider a Cleric/Thief multiclass (has anyone ever tried this?).

3. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I've never tried a cleric/thief because they are restricted in their weapon choice. You don't need every type of skill (such as fighting - melee or ranged - thieving, magic or healing) to complete the game. I never try to use anything but single classes in solo anymore because the game is just too easy if you duel or multi class. I'm even starting to move away from the popular solo classes and use ones like skald (summoned allies would be quite good with his song maybe - I read this idea somewhere else) and avenger. Haven't gotton far yet though.

I also feel divine spells are useless. In a fight there is little time to be casting healing spells - offensive all the way. If I use offensive spells I would rather have a sorcerer. Just my personal opinion though so don'ttake it to heart.

4. Subra Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Half orc can be a cleric/thief multi class and I like them. There are some good staves that can be used for a backstabbing weapon. Armor selection is very limited for an effective stealther though.

5. Bassilus Banned

Charisma of 6? Excuse me, but that is just churlish.

11-12 is average in a stat. So if you can roleplay at all, you'll not want your plan like that.

The tomes in BG1 do get your stats up pretty nicely, and watcher's keep, and yes, even the bonuses in SOA. But don't do a stat as 6.

6. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Which part of "powergaming" didn't you understand?

Powergaming is pretty contrary to roleplaying as we have discussed here. Additionally, having most stats "naturally" at 20 (except charisma) is also pretty contrary to roleplaying, unless you are roleplaying an ugly, nasty demi-god, which actually makes sense in the context of Bhaal spawn. Then, having a charisma of 6 is appropriate in a twisted sort of way.

In any event, my post explaining about the stats and how to obtain them was for powergamers.

7. the assassin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

just because youre the spawn of the God of Murder DOES NOT mean you cant look good. how are you supposed to build an army of faithful? just fear? if you have some other type of hold (respect, good looks) then people will truly follow you

8. toturi sezaru Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

might as well throw in my 2 cents... berserker-thief 13/39. HLA: use any item, greater evasions, spike traps and 1 time trap, assassination.

backstab, detect and disarm traps, open locks... etc. opening locks and disarming traps is the easiest way to gain level fast, managed to level up to 13/14 through chapter 2 quickly. no problems. berserker rage to keep those pesky Imprisonment and Maze spells off my back.

9. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

The best class to solo with is sorc... or maybe fighter mage. Most fun for me was when I soloed a F/M/C, thats a fun class to play, you can really buff up and make up for ure ****ty thaco, especially with contingincies and spell triggers.

OT: Since when was Kangaxx or twisted rune hard? I dont understand, unless you want to be a really ethical player it takes one pro magic scroll to defeat Kangaxx and one pro magic and ,if you really want to play it safe, one shield of balduran to beat the twisted runies.

10. toturi sezaru Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

the max possible AC anyone can get seems to be -26. few charactors can make it to such a high AC, even with the BMU. if we just stuck to "normal" armours, it would appear that the best AC would be that of a fighter type char. since we are also speaking of the "best" solo charactor, i think we can safely ignore attributes and magic resistance(since it is possible to do the campaign multiple times and get all the good stuff) and focus solely on immunities and traps. to disarm a trap would require levels in thief.

it would seem a FMT would be a "best" solo charactor.

11. Bassilus Banned

Since there are only about 6 protection from magic scrolls in the games combined, I'd save them for the more important battles (the "hidden traitor," anyone?).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.