1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Powers of Irenicus

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Xithias, Nov 22, 2001.

1. Xithias Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Could some one make it possible to create a character that had all the spells and power of irenicus and then upload it to sorcerers.net

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] "Could some one make it possible..." - I could. But I won't. There were enough items overpowered in collectors CD. What do you want now? Overpowered NPC? :toofar:

"...upload it to sorcerers.net" - for that you should wait for an answer from Tal.

3. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Extremist, you good at making kits ???

sorry about the post, but didnt think I should make a new one, just to hear if you could.

If you are could you possible help me out a little

[This message has been edited by Naer Dhal (edited November 22, 2001).]

4. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Kits? What Kits?
    Irenicus is an ordinary mage. No kit.

I hate kits.
    Besides, there are people who do the kits for fun, and I promised to never mention their name again because last time they were pretty - hmmmmmm - let's say not glad about it.

But someone will surely post it.

[This message has been edited by Extremist (edited November 22, 2001).]

5. Naer Dhal Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Okies thanks anyways, guess I'll just wait then

6. Xithias Gems: 1/31

Then could someone give me a list of his spells?

7. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Irenicus is just a particularly high level mage with a quick casting time (at least in the cut scenes its pretty fast; i think it was pretty normal when I actually fought him) and thus he just uses the spells found in the BG2 manual. The few unique spells he has dont, as I recall, have a real application when playing the game itself (ie Rapture of the Father is only handy if you can lay your hands on about 15 live shadow thieves, some of those nifty glass containers and the demi-god/goddess of your choice). In the cut scenes you see him make a lot of use of spells like disintegrate, flame arrow and flesh to stone. I remember him being fond of stuff like absolute immunity and wail of the banshee in the battle in the tree.

8. Lord Sarevok Guest

If you want to do that, I suggest using Shadow Keeper to change your apperance to him.

Then just give him maxed out experience and choose some spells.

Change his hit points to around 90-100 I think that's how many he has(in the second to last battle with him).

Oh yeah he's an elf(you never know, eh?) so I think all stat limitations apply. Anyone know if the elves turned him into a human somehow, or is he just an outcast?

Pretty damn strong for an elf, so give him a high strength score(he knows kung-fu, watch the end movie :D ).

Oh yeah, make him proficent in daggers, since he likes slicing and dicing things(i.e. bhaalspawn :D ).

Give him the special ability to turn into the slayer if you want.

I think he has some magic resistance as well, but I'm not sure how much.

Not sure about alignment. I guess Neutral Evil would suite him best. Anyone tried Know Alignment on him?

Have fun.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited November 23, 2001).]

9. Xithias Gems: 1/31

Extremist tell me how to make the chracter I created to have all the spells and power of irenicus.

Email: tyler_croft@hotmail.com

10. Lord Sarevok Guest

Dude, browse the site, you'll find a program called "Shadow Keeper". Use that to edit stats and the like. Then just save and export, then start a new game.

11. Xithias Gems: 1/31

I already have it.

12. Lord Sarevok Guest

Then what are you asking him about? You have the program, you have the info, and it appears that you have the motivation if you made a post, so what else do you need? You can do everything with that program, and if it's good I'm sure they will put it on the site. No use having someone do something for you when you could possibly do a better job yourself.

[This message has been edited by Lord Sarevok (edited November 23, 2001).]

13. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] I guess he lacks of the most important ingrediens.

Audience and victims in online smash.

Have a nice day!

14. Lord Sarevok Guest

My name is Matt Foley, and I am a motivational speaker. :D

That's from Saturday Night Live circa 1994 for all of you who don't already know(hopefully not very many). LONG LIVE CHRIS FARLEY!

Actually, that Irenicus thing sounds pretty cool, I may fool around with it once I get BG2 again. Too bad a gave all my ideas away to a slacker :(.

15. IIRC, Jonny's record is:
    • Stats: 13/18/14/18/18/17
    • Race: Elf (duh) (actually, I think it may have been human. :eek: )
    • Class: Mage, level 30. (funny how Jon's referred to as a sorcerer but then a mage.)
    • Alignment: Chaotic Good (Really, really strange)
    • Has no natural resistances, all his immunities/resistances come from spells.
    • HP: 94 (maybe 96)

Get Jon's portrait from SP, use SK to get a level 30 mage, and use ctrl + Q to copy down his spells and otherwise.

[This message has been edited by creudzfeldt-jakob (edited November 24, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  16. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Clone Irenicus? Why? You are Baal's Spawn, you are greater than him, plus you'll proceed to ToB and he not.

17. Hey!!!Stop it.You don't know what you did.You will make all of the fun out of the game.

WHEEZY DON'T LIKE THIS...REALLY!!!!!!!

18. Satanatron Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Now this is really quite depressing.
    What ever happened to original character ideas?

Why on earth would you want to cheapen the game and the effort that was put into Irenicus by bioware to create such an immortal villian is beyond me. Come on guys, try something else, something that hasnt already been used before. Making a customised template thingy of Irenicus would be a violation of the most sacroscant principles that established bioware as great game developers in the first place.

Lastly and on a lighter note, no one is greater than Irenicus. The man is God. Well a God. Well, perhaps almost a God. Elminister the Sage?! Ha! He would whoop that crusty old decrepit fart outta the forgotten realms I tells ya!

S

19. Lord Sarevok Guest

I didn't bring it up. I think it would be fun to fool around with that's all. Obviously you'd never play the character like in a real game it would just be some cheap fun. :D

20. Shadowdancer Gems: 1/31

Irenicus' alignment is set to CG because Bioware made him Elminster's evil twin, so to speak. (copied Elminster's profile and made a few changes.)

As I recall, one of the later patches sets his alignment to the correct Neutral Evil.

Is that the Tree of Life Irenicus incarnation that you got the stats for?

[This message has been edited by Shadowdancer (edited December 12, 2001).]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.