1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Nothing appears after casting Enchanted weapon

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by saukoon, Aug 27, 2001.

1. saukoon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I used Aerie to cast Enchanted weapon, but how come nothing appears?

I even tried to let go her staffs and tried casting again but nothing appeared too.

Anyone knows the reason?

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

I'm not sure about this but the spell discription sais the +3 weapon can be use by anyone. So maybe it doesn't go to your weapon slot instead of the weapon you used, but just comes in the inventory of the spell-caster. Take a look there!

3. JohnnyRTFM Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Or you could check your special abilities button after casting, like with polymorph self.

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I don't think it will be like a special ability....

5. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

After casting enchanted weapon, you'd choose a weapon sort on the bottom screen, then the desired weapon will either be in your hand or in your inventory(can't used by npc).

6. saukoon Gems: 5/31

so you mean only the main character can cast that spell?

7. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

No, I think Laskol means that if the person who casts the spell isn't allowed to use the new weapon (due to class restrictions) that the weapon gets placed in that character's inventory.

8. saukoon Gems: 5/31

I just tried using my main char to cast that spell but there's no weapon at all!!!

The message says Cast Enchanted Weapon, but actually nothing appeared.

Anyone casted that spell b4 and where actually does the enchanted weapon appear?

9. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

I vaguely remember some succes when I had a normal +nothing sword(weapon) in my inventory when casting the spell. But I can't playtest since my BG2 disks are gone.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited August 29, 2001).]

10. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Ah I now also remember something like that. You needed a non magical sword for the spell. The spell description also says that the weapon can be a weapon of choice. And how should you choose what you wanna enchant... Indeed! But then, the question still is: How does it exactly work? You can't select one, maybe you should just have one non magical weapon in your inventory and that would then be enchanted? Anyone knows?

11. Silvershade Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Just tried it. I casted enchanted weapon without anything in my inventory and there appeared four symbols of weapons at the bottom of the screen (a long sword, a short sword, a battle axe and something else). If I clicked on one of them that weapon appeared in my inventory as a +3 weapon.

12. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Then I am at a loss Saukoon. I fear it might be another bug. A damn shame.

EDITED HERE:I just came to think of something. Is YOur inventory full when You cast the spell?

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited August 29, 2001).]

13. saukoon Gems: 5/31

no, my inv is not full.

I thin we shall try to hv some normal weapon on hand (holding) then cast the spell, then only can achieve the meaning of 'enchant' :p

I'll try tonite and let you guyz know!

14. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Here's a stupid question, are you selecting someone other than the wizard while the wizard's doing the casting animation? I did that sometimes. If you keep the wizard selected for the full duration of the spellcasting, then a bar with 4 weapon choicecs should appear. Clicking on one then creates a +3 weapon of that type in your inventory, and it looks like a normal weapon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.