1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Your favourite class

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Death Whisper, Sep 8, 2003.

1. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Which class is your favourite?

this includes multi and dual classes too.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 1 question(s). 59 user(s) have voted.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: Your favourite class (59 votes.)

Your favourite class (Choose 2)
    * Barbarian - 3% (2)
    * Bard - 2% (1)
    * Fighter - 3% (2)
    * Cleric - 2% (1)
    * Ranger - 5% (3)
    * Paladin - 3% (2)
    * Monk - 7% (4)
    * Sorceror - 15% (9)
    * Mage - 5% (3)
    * Druid - 0% (0)
    * Thief - 0% (0)
    * Fighter\Thief - 7% (4)
    * Cleric\Mage - 0% (0)
    * Cleric\Thief - 0% (0)
    * Fighter\Druid - 0% (0)
    * Fighter\Mage - 7% (4)
    * Mage\Thief - 7% (4)
    * FIghter\cleric - 0% (0)
    * Ranger\Cleric - 0% (0)
    * Fighter\Mage\Cleric - 2% (1)
    * Fighter\Mage\Thief - 3% (2)
    * Berserker\Thief - 0% (0)
    * Berserker\Cleric - 2% (1)
    * Berserker\Mage - 5% (3)
    * Wizardslayer\Thief - 0% (0)
    * Wizardslayer\Mage - 2% (1)
    * Wizardslayer\Cleric - 0% (0)
    * Kensai\Thief - 7% (4)
    * Kensai\Mage - 3% (2)
    * Kensai\Cleric - 0% (0)
    * Assasin\Mage - 2% (1)
    * Assasin\Fighter - 5% (3)
    * Assasin\Cleric - 0% (0)
    * Bounty Hounter\Mage - 0% (0)
    * Bounty Hounter\Fighter - 0% (0)
    * Bounty Hounter\Cleric - 0% (0)
    * Swashbuckler\Cleric - 0% (0)
    * Swashbuckler\Mage - 5% (3)
    * Swashbuckler\Fighter - 0% (0)
    * Totemic\Fighter - 0% (0)
    * Avenger\Fighter - 0% (0)
    * Shapeshifter\Fighter - 0% (0)
    * Mage: Kit\Fighter - 0% (0)
    * Mage:Kit\Thief - 0% (0)
    * Mage:Kit\Cleric - 0% (0)
    * Jester - 0% (0)
    * Skald - 0% (0)
    * Blade - 7% (4)
    * Priest of Helm - 0% (0)
    * Priest of Lathander - 0% (0)
    * Priest of Talos - 0% (0)
    * Cavalier - 3% (2)
    * Undead Hunter - 3% (2)
    * Inquisitor - 3% (2)
    * Assasin - 0% (0)
    * Bounty Hunter - 0% (0)
    * Swashbuckler - 5% (3)
    * Berserker - 3% (2)
    * Wizard Slayer - 5% (3)
    * Kensai - 7% (4)
    * Archer - 8% (5)
    * Beastmaster - 0% (0)
    * Stalker - 2% (1)
    * Avenger - 0% (0)
    * Totemic Druid - 2% (1)
    * Shapeshifter - 2% (1)
    * Wild Mage - 3% (2)
    * Mage kits - 3% (2)
    * Other - 0% (0)
    * No Favourites - 0% (0)

2. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Tough to choose. There are many that I play again and again, though I tend to lean (somewhat heavily) towards spellcasters. I chose paladins (cause that's how I see myself - valor, truth, justice and all that) and fighter/mages (just because I think they rock).

3. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

well, thats what polls are about, to make a choice and post your oppninions.

i forgot to mention that you are allowed to make two choices if you have two favourites more or less.

4. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

Oh I made two choices, as mentioned above, but it's like sticking a kid in a candy store and saying "now you can only choose 2 pieces; no more".

5. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

Hehehe, true.

But then, who can afford everything they want in that candy store?, they have to make a choice.

But if you arent sure, just choose "no favourites".

Well, i forgot to mention why i like the kensai\thief, though noone is forced to give a reason. they can either just vote or just write something or do both, the freedom is in your hands folks.

anyway i like the kensai\thief because of it many useful areas. this character can backstab, cast spells from scrolls, pick pocket, open locks, find traps, use any items, fight pretty well and possible more. Its an "everything in a bag" character. But just to mention it, it just aint ho wi feel i am.

if i were to choose a class that reflects my personality i have to go with a chaotic good paladin, but that isnt possible im afraid.

I like to do the right thing, be a good man.
    i like to help people and so on, which perhaps makes me similar to a paladin, a fore for good.
    But i will also make "evil" or "not-so-good" choices in my life if it benefits in a good way, which makes me chaotic good. (though i have never breaken the law.)

6. Elvenblade Gems: 14/31

I choosed Swashbuckler/Mage because they can fight (using two scimitars looks really cool) cast spells and use the other thief abilitis except backstab.

My other choise was Thief/Mage. They aren't much of a fighter but they can use spells such as Invisibility and Improved Invisibility to backstab often.

7. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Every time I start a new game, I always seem to gravitate towards a multiclass Fighter/Thief. There's nothing quite like starting a battle against a group with a backstab of their spellcaster. I will also play the occassional Fighter/Mage/Thief if the party is small enough.

8. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

I'll go with a vanilla Ranger, nothing beats him. As for second, I chose Monk, because he's just cool :D

9. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I chose the Archer and Inquisitor. I sat and stared at the options for five minutes, before realising that I like most of the classes :) :nolike: :)

10. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I love Archers, I love Monks. I also really liked playing a fighter/mage/cleric -- it's with him that I first played through BG1, SOA, and TOB.

I like being able to cast tons of spells and still hold my own in combat -- especially in BG1, having such a versatile character rocks. He loses a great deal of his power by the end of TOB as he never achieves superlative power in any class. Man, can he get a lot of spells.

The next time I play through I'll be playing a gnomish illusionist/cleric -- that will mean BOOLA spells.

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I went with Undead Hunter and Beserker. One of the things I hate more than anything is the status affects that undead put on you. Technically, the beserker should not get protection from level drain in his beserked state, but he does, so I exploit it at every opportunity.

And also, as someone who has placed countless polls on SP, I'd just like to say this one gets the Aldeth Seal of Approval. (Which is a compliment.)

12. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Plain old Ranger, same as a fighter, but with healing spells and stealth.

13. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Hello,

I went for the not-so-classic Assassin/Fighter combo. Most people go Kensai Thief, but I think Assassins rule (from a roleplayer's perspective) and when you manage to dual/multiclass them with the Fighter class, your Assassin becomes a close-combat killing machine, especially if you throw some Potions of Invisibility in there. :)

For my second choice, I went for Bard [Blade] because I always seem to play them. Some debates have gone on, saying how Bards suck this and Bards suck that, but I love 'em and I seem to be the only one giving them a chance. :p Regardless, they are my fave class/kit.

Go bard go! :D

(edit: Bloody hell! Wizard Slayers are in the lead! :eek: )

14. The DMage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I voted Blade and Sorcerer... I like magic and offensive spin :p

15. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

[​IMG] Blades! Unite!
    [/sad mode]

16. RangerFox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I love monks and bards. They're a lot of fun.

17. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

To: Aldeth,
    Perhaps you should give Death Whisper another Mallet O' Thinking? Or what about a Mace O' Enlightening? :D
    Just kidding.... :)
    Sorry, but I couldn't help it.

Anyway,
    Archer and Swashbuckler\Mage for me.
    Archer because I love long-ranged weapons and
    Swashbuckler\Mage because he can deal "ok" damages in physical combat, have thief skills and can cast plenty of spells.
    Oh! And if I can have a third "candy", I would choose Kensai as they seems to deal damages with the speed of light.

18. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31

thank you aldeth :)

Nice to see that people actually came and posted here :p .

19. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Pools are cool period

Shapeshifter all the way!!

Shame i cant give two votes for it :(

It's just plain cool. Can fight with same efficiency as a fighter(a bit less attacks though) and when that is too plain, use all the powers of the plain druid.

Besides its a bit more realistic seeing a greater werewolf that surives 50points of damage, than a fighter who survives the same amount. Critical from an arrow for instance... if you placed commoners in a line the arrow would kill dozens of them. Realisticaly that is... piercing their bodies.
    And yet a fighter can survive that with no big trouble :rolleyes:
    A bit more belivable to survive with a big nasty, hairy, smelly, tough-hided, regeneratative magical beast ;) :p

20. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

The fighter maybe wearing armour, plus he/she will have higher con.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.