1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

New kit ideas?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by casey, Mar 22, 2004.

1. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

What are some new kits that anyone would like to see?

Personally I think it would be nice to see a Kensai type class that is more defensive then offensive (resistances, special abilities AC bounuses) or a more magic or theivery centered Bard.

2. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I'd like mages more closely linked to elemental planes. Such as a fire-mage or ice-mage that gets special abilities from their respective elements. The idea is very much like the elementalist kits for a fighter that I've seen somewhere, but only the acid one was available. Be prepared for possible over-powered-ness or simple ugliness. :D

Fire-mage:
    1. Red Fireshield once per 3 levels
    2. 4% resistance to respective element per level
    3. Fire Arrow at levels 1 and 3
    4. Fireball at levels 5 and 7
    5. Firestorm at level 10 and 13
    6. Summon fire elemental every 5 levels

Ice-mage:
    1. Blue Fireshield once per 3 levels
    2. 4% resistence to respective element per level
    3. Ice Arrow at levels 1 and 3
    4. Cone of Cold at levels 5 and 7
    5. Improved Ice Storm at levels 10 and 13
    6. Summon Ice elemental every 5 levels (the ice golem avatar)

Air-mage:
    1. Gale (Repulse Undead, but for everyone in area of effect, chance of disarming, chance of unconsciousness) once per 3 levels
    2. Gust (Gale vs one target) at levels 1 and 3
    3. Bigby's Clenching Fist at levels 5 and 7
    4. Death Fog at levels 10 and 13
    5. Summon air elemental every 5 levels

Earth-mage:
    1. Stoneskin once per 3 levels
    2. Earthquake at levels 1 and 3
    3. Earthen Cell (Stoneskin visual, Hold effect), at levels 5 and 7
    4. Flesh to Stone (and Stone to Flesh) at levels 10 and 13
    5. Summon earth elemental every 5 levels

Acid-mage:
    (Similar to an existing fighter kit: acid elementalist- Melf arrow, Acid storm, Vitriolic Sphere, summon acid elemental, acid resistance)

I haven't seen any other elementalist kits, they weren't available last I checked. These are just an idea of the top of my head. Maybe a little much, amybe they suck, but the idea of soloing seems fun. Prince summoning would be nice, but there are no princes currently existing for ice and acid. Oh, and that Earth-mage would be really great to have.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    That is a good question. I normally fight through with a vanilla fighter because I just don't like most of the kits. A wizard slayer is good but i like me pretties(rings, cloaks)
    I think I would like to see a fighter that really represents a frontline tank. Bonuses to attacks, ferocity ect. I guess a disadvantage could be magic resistance penalties or something.

4. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

This is going to sound LDS-ish but...

Rainbow Mage (for the Hippies out there)

Color Spray at Level 1

Chromatic Orb 3x / level at Level 3

Glitterdust at Level 5

Prismatic Spray at Level 8

Ruby Ray of Reversal at Level 10

Unable to use spells like Shadow Door, invisibility.

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Dream Weaver(Rogue Kit)
    Hit points: D6
    Thac0 progression: Same as Rogue

Bonuses:

Can cast spells, but only of the illusion school
    Cannot learn spells from scrolls.
    Increased Backstab Modifier(same as assassin)
    Detect Illusions +100%
    Shadow Door Once a day per 3 levels

Penalties:
    Only 20 points to distribute on skills per level-up.
    Can only be of a chaotic alignment
    Can't Pick pockets

I'm not sure if it's too unbalanced, but it would be a cool class

6. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31

If you guys look, I put in a request for a Dragoon Class kit on either this board or the other BG2 one, if someone'd be able to make it, sweet.

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

It'd be pretty awesome if someone could translate the Red Dragon Disciple class from NWN:HoTU into BG2. :cool: :cool: :cool:

8. Bloke with sword Gems: 3/31

why not a fighter versed in the art of ranged combat. imagine a fighter who could dual weild light crossbows?

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The problem isn't dualwielding light crossbows. (though the game doesn't allow this, realistically, you could, easily)

It's the reloading :)

10. TBurma316 Gems: 3/31

Anti-Paladin, not Blackguard

I mean the total opposite of a Paladin.

Control undead instead of turn (like evil cleric)
    animate dead, horror without armour penalty. Soloing him would be :cool:

11. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Tiny Terror(Fighter Kit)
    Can only be used by Dwarves, Halflings and Gnomes

Bonuses:

*Begins with one of each ability at level 1
    Gains offensive and defensive spin every 3 levels
    Can cast haste once a day for every 4 levels
    Berserk once a day for every 5 levels

Penalties:
    Can only be used by Dwarves, Halflings and Gnomes
    Cannot wear platemail or full platemail armour
    Cannot use two handed weapons

12. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31

i would love to see some more character kits and im currently working on just the IDEAS for some (but im not sharing them with anyone, im a very private person)hint: some are just like slightly altered ones and some are very unique and quirky, which could lead to some very interesting role-playing ideas i reckon :D

13. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

your a private person, yet your nick advertises that you eat people. Hmmm... ;)

Anyway, so far I havn't liked any of the add-on kits I've played, but I'd really like to see different races (like Drow, Duegar, Avarial, Wood Elf, etc.)

14. people person-i eat people Gems: 5/31

dont worry i can assure you i dont eat people, that is just a joke, but i am a good people person ;) so yeh, but i just dont share much with people, but sometimes people can really get angry at me for that, hehe oh well :p

and also if you want to see more races check out the Sub-Races mod, that has got some pretty interesting races, and a funny beginning movie IMO.

15. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    First of all, there are already lots of kits designed by the guys responsible for 2E core rules. Those kits only need to be dug up from 2E class handbooks (Paladin's Handbook, Bard's Handbook etc) and implemented in BG2 engine. With basic SoA that's easy, but with ToB and mods and all, it's better to use Weidu to add the kits in the first free slots instead of overwriting someone's kit list file.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.