1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Windspear Hills

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Azarial, Oct 24, 2000.

1. Azarial Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I am in the castle in the windspear hills, where i believe i shall find Garren's kid. however, i am not sure if i am up to par on it, having the below party

Myself-Elf Kensai
    18/70-90 str
    19 Dex
    17 stam
    ?
    ?
    ?

Minsc

Jaheira

Aerie

Nalia

All are between levels 8 and 10. is my party strong enough-those vampires are pretty tough...

2. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

There are quite a bit of 'Fearsome' foes in this Windspear Hills Dungeon.

Ummm, just a suggestion - you may wish to finish up QUITE A FEW more of the city quests in Athkatla or other local quests before this one. I only suggest that somewhat due to the levels of your characters but more importantly the weaponst that you've gathered most likely may not be powerful enough to fight some of the 'first half' of the dungeon's 'monster mash'. Not even dealing with the second half 'Power Users'.

In fact, there is one monster in that dungeon that stayed on my Fighter's "Most powerful foe vanquished" (on the Information button) through the ENTIRE GAME. Therefore you may wish to wait a bit more for levels, and weaponry/armor accumulation for your party.

3. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

to be honest, that is one of those quests. I would want to wait till about to last boss to try and beat. I suggest at least 2 level 11 or 12 wizzards, and one Cleric level 11 or 12, because if you cant use restoration. Kiss ur butt good bye. You will need at least 2 characters with +2 swords (or other +2 weapons. because ur gunna get level drained... ALOT, so have ALOT of negetive planes(use those before battle)(save alot because the vamps and wraiths pop up everwhere)

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That area with the vampires and wraiths was tough, but the vamps that look like bald men could be hit with normal arrows; only the vamps that looked like women needed +2 or better to hit. So what I did was hasted my archer so I could keep ahead of them with protection from domination (chaotic commands) and led them to the killing ground near the exit. I shut the door on them and just took pot shots at 'em from above where they couldn't get to me. There were some +2 arrows in the dungeon as well (and I had some from somewhere else) so I could use the same tactic for both types of vamps.

5. Ciller Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I did the windspear hills at lvl 10. I didnt find it to tough.. I did sleep about 3 times in the dungeon though to relearn spells. The vampires and wraits were not the worst, took them out in one try. It was the adamantium golem that got me :) Took me 3 tries to figure out a way to take him out. I left the red dragon firkraag untill I did a few more quests, I think I can take him now that Im at lvl 11 since I tried at lvl 10 and killed him with only losing one party memeber.

Ciller

6. IronEagle Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The problem i had the first time, was i never had restoration scrolls... so the second time i went berserk and got like 5 of em per spell caster... Talk about paranoid!

7. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Interesting... Minsc and my character just pounded the Adamantium Golem to dust; all I needed was a couple of extra healing potions during the fight... The undead in that level gave me much more trouble. There just seemed to be so many undead... Vampires with mummys and ghouls or ghasts then the wraiths with shadows and shadow fiends... I found all that level and strength draining along with the paralyzation much more challenging...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.