1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Who are these people?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by kuemper, Feb 22, 2007.

1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Another mystery I need solved.

In the Bridge district, there is a noble man and woman near the temple of Helm. They have bodyguards and mention that they are waiting for someone.

Who is this couple? Who are they waiting for? Or is it nothing at all to worry about?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] They're just scenery to imply life goes on around the main character without being anything epic. :roll:

3. Angulimala Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I was wondering about that too. I just figured they were part of a side story that didn't get completed before the final release.

Does the Unfinished Business mod add anything to the encounter, or complete the story? I haven't tried that mod yet...

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I tried UB, but it does not add such a quest to the couple. Nor does any mod I know. I think they are just part of the scenery too! :) Which is not a bad thing, yes?

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:whoa: But... it's all about the PC! People can't go around in this game having lives of their own! The PC must influence them in some way. :p

I wondered if UB did anything about them, but I'll take Silverstar's word.

6. OTG Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Pick their pockets... (nothing spectacular, but meh, their fault for leaving the government district)

7. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

IIRC one has a scroll of simulacrum.

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Isn't it random loot?

9. Stu Gems: 20/31

I've tried it two or three times and I've always gotten a scroll of simulacrum. If it is random then that's some coincidence.

10. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

i dont recall anything different between having UB or not. they are there in the unmodded game.

11. ziggzz Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

hey Elfen, isn't your "location" a line from Led Zeppelein's Immigrant Song? it's been so long since i heard it..

[And this couldn't be asked in a PM because it has so much relevance to the topic at hand?] -dmc

[ February 28, 2007, 03:28: Message edited by: dmc ]

12. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

yes to both.

I think the whole thing with these people is a nice feature in the game. not everthing has to do with the time of troubles and the events that follow.

13. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    The nobles have:
    75 gold
    Greenstone Ring
    Flamedance Ring
    Agni Mani Neclace

Their guards have:
    Globe of Invunerability (scroll)
    Summon Hakeashar (scroll)
    2xLong Swords
    2xChain Mails

14. Stu Gems: 20/31

Hmmm, my bad, thanks for clearing that up Trellheim.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.