1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Lovely Kensai Mod NPCs!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] Heck, what is this thing going on? I just recently discovered two kensai mods, Chloe and Nathaniel, and they are both...homosexual, Chloe will romance female PC or Immy, and Nathaniel will hit the male PC.... :eek:

First, are all kensais really gay, I mean, is it part of the concept? :lol:

Anyway, I want to try these....cute kensais, it would be a nice change for my next run, I guess. The thought, Nathaniel&Male PC and Immy&Chloe, this is disturbing, yes, but cool!

OK, my questions are:

Nathaniel NPC mod is HUGE! It is 19 MB! What the heck! And I guess it is only SoA, so this means there is no love-talk/interaction for ToB? Can you confirm this? If it is true it sounds lame, BUT the mod page says he has many many interactions, quests, happenings, comments, banters etc, and judging from the size of the mod, he may be worthy of a try, maybe. What say you?

It also says he has romance conflicts with Jaheira/Aerie/Viconia, AND Sola too! So I can't romance any of these if I get Nathaniel? I have multiple romances tweak BUT the forums say 'use multiple romances tweak at your own risk', heck, what does this mean?

Regarding Chloe, she looks HOT, a truly strong-willed lass with a real character! And she may romance poor little Immy, I really want to see that! :grin: She has 25 DEX, what? How? She is Demi-god? Huh? Anyway, she also has many banters with other NPCs, which is a good thing I guess.

So, what do you think? Should I get both kensais? Will it cause conflicts? How? Can you help me?

Thanks. :good:

EDIT:Oh, Chloe also has a patch, is this really required, and can it cause more bugs?

2. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

OMG I just heard of these two the otha day and i have to say that I'm VERY interested in seeing these 2 in action!! If anyone has any feedback regarding the above topics that Silver just mentioned, PLEASE do share!

OooOOooOohhh, Immy with anotha girl ... :D

3. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

LOL! Silverstar, I don't know if all kensai are gay, but *I* am, and my favorite class to play is the Kensai/Mage, so...make of that what you will. Maybe kensai is the adventurer's equivalent of hairdresser or figure skater? :o

4. Warmonger Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Kachiko is not a gay. But that's probably she's dualclassed to mage and is a woman.
    From the other side, most of ladies are agys in some way.

5. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Supposedly Chloe's Dex comes from being the daughter of an Air goddess or something crazy like that and it was done to make her out to be really fast and special to give her a dex that high.

To me it would have made sense just to give her a dex of 21 to be special.

That's about all I know on her other than if your pc romances her you HAVE to take Immy as well to complete the romance. But I've never heard why.

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I've never understood the fascination of making Imoen gay. I suppose my conflict stems from my puritianical belief in the writers maintaining control over their own creations (which is really an inconsistant belief for me to hold, but whatever). A lot of the NPCs in BG2 have become rather asexual to me like Imoen (always seems like too much of a child), Valygar, Jan, Nalia, Saerovak (he must be the only CE humaniod character in the world to turn down Viccy), etc... so when one of those NPCs suddenly becomes, per say, sexual, well... it just feels odd.

7. starwalker Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Heh. Jaheira is the one I have a hard time picturing as sexual and she has a romance in the core game so I don't know.

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

yea, I had a hard time with Aerie being comfortable enough to take a man to bed (I could see her being seduced, but coming on to a guy? Please...), let alone allowing herself to get "knocked up" outside of marriage... I though she was a lawful character after all, where's the adherence to tradition (I have one lawful quasi-evil character who would just simply chew Aerie out after she asked to sleep with him if only there was that dialogue option)?

9. Zenastin Gems: 5/31

I thoroughly enjoyed my playthroughs as a kensai (or kensage), and I'm not gay. :)

It's more coincidence than anything, I suppose.

I seriously doubt that the source material for the kensai kit draws on heavily homosexual themes, although you could probably make a good Freudian case for innuendo... (kensai = sword saint, sword resembles what portion of the male anatomy)

But go ahead, play with them both! They'll be pretty demanding on your casters though -- that's 2 melee fighters with very little in the way of protections, and they're bound to attract at least some portion of your enemies' attention.

10. Western Paladin Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

If I may be facetious for a moment: I always thought it was swashbucklers who had the gay stereotype, as evidenced by the entry in the list of things that can no longer be done in an RPG that says "My swashbuckling fop does not have the flaw 'Dark Secret: Not Gay'."

11. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

:lol: Thanks guys, but I am still curious about the technical parts, are those mods compatible with my heavy mod list, and each-other? What does Chloe patch do? If you can answer these questions I will be grateful.

@Gregor

Nice to meet you! I am not against gay people, just so you know. :) I don'T think I can fall in love with another man, for now, but who can be so sure? :confused: These things are more complex than they seem!

12. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

LOL! No worries, SS...I didn't take any offense to what you said. I think it's cool that you're interested in "experimenting" ;) with a gay mod.

I'm playing through Nathaniel right now with the following mods installed:

Tortured Souls
    Ease of Use
    Unfinished Business
    Item Upgrade

I'll let you know how it goes!

P.S. Wanted to also use Dungeon be Gone, but you need to do the Chateau to get Kachiko, so it's more killing goblins and mephits for me. :(

13. Madafaka Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I wouldn't really recommend Chloe. Sure, I thought she sounded interesting when I found her a year ago, but it didn't take me long to get incredibly annoyed. Not so much for her actions as for her speech - she very quickly becomes boring speechwise, what with nagging like a BG1 character (I think she's meant to be 'funny').

Also, besides the godly DEX, she does deliver a spoiler from the start for those that haven't finished SoA before (check Biography for it).

Nathaniel I downloaded a few days ago, but haven't tried since my frickin' computer refuses to allow the ToB installation following a crash that wiped a few files too many.

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Interesting, you don'T like Chloe at all? Her speech is rather limited? Then again, most BG2 NPCs doN'T have endless interactions/speeches neither. :p

What I wonder, are there annoying bugs/conflicts I should be wary about?

15. Prine Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I think he was inferring that Chloe's dialog is annoying, not that there isn't enough of it.

The whole 25 DEX, kensai, 'daughter of a god' thing is probably enough to put me off. With TOB the game is already dangerously close to having more god-children in it than normal people.

Shouldn't Kensai be from Kara Tur? For some reason I've never liked the kit. (No, not because they're gay.)

Swashbucklers are fuh-laming, though.

16. Warmonger Gems: 5/31

Hey, my charcter is a swashbuckler! And I'm not going to romance Solaufein.

From the other side, no romace happened from the beggining of the game. Is that because of human race, or do Aerie and Viconia feel my inner difference? :p

17. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

That should be a bug, Viccy, Aerie and Jaheria all romance human males (I have a human male involved with a romance with Viccy and another with Aerie). Did you say anything to piss them off and set the romance to "3"?

18. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Maybe the char seemed more interested in "swords" than the girls?

19. Miss Sakaki Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

In answer to your questions, Silverstar -

There's a substantial amount of voicing in the mod, which is why it's such a large file. (We had to cut it down a lot, actually - it was 30MB at first!) And yeah, it's SoA only. The ToB portion will hopefully come out later this year.

You can romance Jaheira, Aerie and Viconia to an extent but they'll bicker with Nathaniel over Charname at certain points, and eventually you'll have to choose between them. If you install the Solaufein conflict, then Nathaniel will complain if you romance Sola and will break up with you if it goes on for too long. I'd advise not using a multiple romance tweak as it could mess up your game - we added specific scripts in to stop being able to cheat on the Biowares with Nathaniel or vice versa.

Hope that enlightens you, and I hope you enjoy the mod - let us know what you think!

20. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

^Miss Sakaki, is that YOU? I feel honored. :)

So no Jaheira romance for me then? Should I uninstall multiple romance component, but it will be troublesome as the thing will re-install A LOT OF my mods again and again for some reason adn it will take an hour or so I guess. :eek:

Should I dump Jaheira to break the romance, or if I choose Nath eventually will it work normally even if I have Multiple romance glitch?

I don't know how/when I will try the mod, I didn't even download it, it is huge and I need a faster place, but sure I wanna try it in the future!

Thanks for making such cool and creative mods! I am no gay-basher or lover, BUT your courage and creativity really shines!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.