1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Liches

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by kukec, Jul 4, 2003.

1. kukec Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

2. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Hehehe. Liches, now they are some of the most funnest parts of the game. Ring of the Ram works wonders against them. Also [snip].

[ToB spell edited out.] -Tal

[ July 04, 2003, 12:57: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Easy: summon a single spider. Send him forth. The lich uses time stop, death spell, symbols. Now that the death spell is out of the way, summon a few skeleton warriors. Immune to magic, they can whach 'im all day long.

Even better if the lich gates in a demon: that too is immune to magic. Just stay away and enjoy of the show.

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    A boring, but effective way is to get the Mace of Disruption +2 and smack the lich with it. If you're lucky, the lich will just fall over and die.

5. Thewl Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

just friggin hack and slash him until he's dead, works for me, pretty much at any level. Or just use the summon trick to waste his spells.

6. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Yep, just pour some salt on 'em (or is that leeches?).
    Actually, I'm with Thewl on this, just get your tanks to beat the crap out of them (just buff them up first to be safe).

7. kukec Gems: 3/31

I forgot in which house is elemental lich in bridge district. :mad:
    Can anybody tell me please? :(

8. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Just summon a bunch of monster to waste their spell and they are dead meat (a wand of summoning work wonder here), work for me :)

9. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Whack 'em with a Big Stick +5. :grin:

Nothing really special, all you really need to do is grab some MR-enhancing items and a nice +# weapon and hope for the best. Buff up your tanks with magic protections, etc., cast Breach enough times to take down combat protections and spell traps and have some dignity about it.

10. kukec Gems: 3/31

hehe I kill shadow lich like this:
    all party exept Korgan in the other room,Korgan ran around sarcophagus until lich cast higher spells then charge on him and put him to eternal sleep
    weee!! :p :D :cool:

but i still don't know in which house is elemental lich :mad: :mad: :mad:

don't trouble youre self with house I found and kill second lich only left Kangaxx and lich in gate district :D

[ July 04, 2003, 18:08: Message edited by: kukec ]

11. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

1. cast monstersummoning I when lich starts to cast timestop, summon your creature as near to the leech as you can and make sure not to stay close to him after that (meteor swarm).

2. when timestop is over your creatures are killed, now quickly summon a nishruu or hakaeshar and send it to the leech. funny hehe.

3. when your summon ends cast true sight and 'breach' the lich. ranged combat with +1 ammo does the rest. if breach doesnt work you may have to use 'pierce magic' first.

12. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

Have you been in the house with the three minotaurs, it's in that house...

13. kukec Gems: 3/31

it's ok I found it.Hmm I don't believe that(minotaurs are in other house, don't know which but not in this one).

14. Vamp FlashRam Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I say be cheesy. Use Vhalior's helm to cast a simulacrum, then from the sim use either protection from magic scroll on the lich or protection from undead on your party. Then kill him with impunity at no danger to yourself.

15. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Bloodtitan, that is almost the same what I said. :/

16. ArrynMorgerim Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

that 6th level clerical spell holy something does decent damage to them, but you have to dispell spell turnings etc.

17. Bloodtitan Gems: 8/31

yes virne, nearly. but i recommend nishruu instead of skeleton warriors due to "can't be killed by a lich" vs. "may be killed by a lich".

anyway, there are multiple tactics to kill stupid liches. if they do some babbling before attacking you (like shangalar) or have to appear in a room you can lay 5+ traps around his to-be position and lich is dead in 1 second.

18. kukec Gems: 3/31

ArrynMorgerin you mean holy smite?

19. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

send a hastened warior with Vhaliors helm, Daystar and two rings of the ram in.

1. just before lich in sight use simulacrum from helm.

2. as soon a lich appears use Sunray from both wariors (copy and real). This may kill him strait off if he fails his save, and either way it disrupts spell casting.

3. use the rings of the ram.

4. Now if this doesn't work (and really IF ) wak him to bits.

Note. with the lich in Crooked Crane I sent my vanilla thief in, stole Daystar, went out, slept, went back in blasted him with Sunray to disrupt spell casting and just hit him a few times before he died. Too easy

20. Arian Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Off topic, but what does ring of ram do?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.