1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mysteriously Absent Spells

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Demodocus, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Demodocus Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Can anyone help me out with why this bug happens?

I have a mage that I dual-classed from a warrior. Fo no apparent reason I lose memorized spells from my book. To the point that every spell from level 1-4 was gone from my book one time. It's a good thing I had skill with weapons!

I have the Dak'kon Zerth blade that I could see could bug that if I were to repeatedly unequip it. But I hadn't done that.

Thoughts? Thanks.

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Wich mods do you got? Have you patched your game?

3. Demodocus Gems: 1/31

I've patched. I'm only using a couple of the ease of use mods(stackable arrows/potions, quick movies). Nothing else.

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You mean they are erased from your book (right page) or from your memorisation screen? (left page) If it is the latter, you may be level drained. When you are level drained, you lose many memorised spells with spell slots.

If it is not, well, you can delete your own spells from your spell book if you have ToB. (erase spell) Maybe you accidentally erased your spells from right page?

Other than that, I have no clue. :( Can you still re-write those spells via scrolls?

5. Tuttle Gems: 1/31

This has happened to me on occasion, but always when switching robes if one of the robes is the Upgraded Items Enhanced Robe of Archmagi (this robe adds 1 spell each levels 1-4 among other things).

And only on the left side of the page- my spell picks.

So, e.g., if I replace Robe Archmagi with the Robe of Vecna (or elven chain or whatever) it doesn't just lose the one bonus spell each level but blanks out all spell slots levels 1-4).

Since all your spell slots are erased but only levels 1-4 I suspected this might be the poblem.

Oh, and for me it has never happened by just switching in/out the Zerth katana.

6. Demodocus Gems: 1/31

Thanks - the Robe was the problem. I swapped in armor for a fight vs. some magic-immune MOBs. I duplicated the effect this morning. All spells 1-4 unmemorized.

Now I know what not to do.

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Things that give you bonus spells, when switched out, can destroy your memorized spells. However, it only happens if you've got empty slots on that spell level. So, when you've cast a spell, leave it in the memorized spells even though it's greyed/shadowed/whatever the heck you want to call how they differentiate them. If you need to rearrange them so that you don't lose a spell you can still cast (at the end of the order) when switching out such an item, remember to replace the one you erase with something (doesn't matter what since it's going bye-bye anyway), even though it'll be greyed/whatever; it makes a difference.

8. Tuttle Gems: 1/31

Demodocus, I've sometimes been lucky if I first take off the Improved Robe of Archmagi and place in inventory, and then add the armor. Or vice versa if changing back to the Archmagi robe, first take off armor, then add the Archmagi's Robe. But needless to say I always quicksave first, and will now always be prepared to wait until rest before I can confidently switch the Robe in or out. IIRC, my spells aren't lost as frequently when I take the Robe off.

FelinoidI think this specific problem is a peculiarity associated only with the Improved Archmagi robes of the Upgraded Items mod, since no other items (e.g. D'akon's Zerth or Ring of Wizardry) when switched in/out have erased my readied spells. But maybe I've avoided the problem you mentioned because I've just been lucky to always have my spell picks full (which may be a fortunate by-product of a few games with mage-heavy parties and a neurotic tendency to quickly page down through the book for each caster).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.