1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Least Favorite NPC's Round 2

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Here comes the second round. Please refer to the first round for an explanation of the pairings - if you care.

Anyway, from the mage/theif bracket, we have Jan and Nalia advancing. The Imoen/Jan pairing was surprisingly close considering how Imoen was voted the most popular NPC. (Winners - meaning less votes - were Imoen and Edwin.)

From the druid/ranger bracket, we have Cernd and Valygar advancing over Jaheira (Beren breathes sigh of relief) and Minsc.

From the fighter bracket, we had Mazzy and Korgan advancing over Keldorn and Sarevok.

In the clerics/misfits bracket, we had Haer Dalis' and Anomen advancing over Aerie (in the closest pairing of the first round) and Viconia.

I'm noticing a trend with these favorite/least favorite polls. There is a naturally affinity for the NPC's that were present in BG1. In the favorite poll, there wasn't a single instance of a new NPC from BG2 beating an original BG1 NPC. This was true regardless of class or alignment. We see a similar trend in the least favorite poll. Of the 6 NPC that were in BG1, all of them were voted as more desirable than the new NPC's of BG2, thus none of the BG1 NPC's appear in the 2nd round.

Once again, let me remind everyone that you're voting for the one you like less - not the one you like more as some people did in the first poll...

Poll Information
    This poll contains 4 question(s). 38 user(s) have voted.

Poll Results: Least Favorite NPC's Round 2 (38 votes.)

Jan or Nalia (Choose 1)
    * Jan - 29% (11)
    * Nalia - 71% (27)

Cernd or Valygar (Choose 1)
    * Cernd - 68% (26)
    * Valygar - 32% (12)

Mazzy or Korgan (Choose 1)
    * Mazzy - 53% (20)
    * Korgan - 47% (18)

Haer Dalis' or Anomen (Choose 1)
    * Haer Dalis' - 39% (15)
    * Anomen - 61% (23)

2. Tassadar Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I picked Jan, Valyger, Korgan and Anomen.

Korgan and Mazzy are 50-50. Very interesting.

3. Djieff Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

this reminds me of the my latest run through BG2. The concept for the party was "the NPCs that I don't really like for some reason". I'm playing a bard, just because I don't really like them. So the party looks like this:

Me (bard)
    Anomen
    Nalia (my only thief!)
    Korgan (good, but totally unlikeable)
    Cernd
    Mazzy

Lo and behold, this party rocks! I've never had more fun with the uber-powerful parties that I usually end up with. I guess this just goes to show that going against your instincts can lead to good things.

4. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Nalia - not as bad as Imoen, but still a real pain. (PS: I can't believe that there are people who like Jan less than Imoen)
    Cernd - A close call. I don't like either of them. But I guess Valygar is slightly better.
    Korgan - Another close call, although this time it is the reverse. These are both great NPCs, and it pains me to vote for one of them. Korgan is a better fighter than Mazzy, but Korgan's agression can grate a bit sometimes, so that's why I chose him. However, he is still a terrific NPC to have.
    Anomen - Haer Dalis' is the best NPC in the entire game. Anomen didn't stand a chance.

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Easy round for change -except with the last pairing. :D

6. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Why do people hate Cernd so much? He's far nicer than Valygar and is far more accepting of ideas. He also has the highest (equal) wisdom in the game and it is reflected by his party banter.

7. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

It really came as no surprise to me that my choices for least favorite are the exact opposite of the majority who have voted.

Jan - sorry, I find Nalia far more useful
    Valygar - easiest choice in the bunch. Cernd is far better than the drama-queen ranger.
    Korgan - never liked him; never will
    Haer'Dalis - this was the toughest choice as I really like both him and Anomen a lot.

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Nalia - one of the most annoying NPCs in the game.
    Annoyman - name says it all. I think that Nalia and him should go off and annoy eachother far away from me.
    Valygar - To self centered.
    Mazzy - she is just too rightous, and she irritates me. Atleast Korgan has fun.

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    This is a strange round. I can't believe it worked out that either Mazzy or Korgan would remain until round 3. Hard to believe, but it looks like it's going to happen. We'll see how it shakes out, but I can't believe either would make it past the following round.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.