1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Jaheira's Dexterity

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Urithrand, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Has anybody ever noticed that when you import a character from BG1 Jahiera's Dexterity is 17, but when you import from a SOA game her dex is only 14. This is extremely anoying as she is far more useless with an AC that is 3 points lower. Is there a way around it?

[ August 02, 2004, 22:12: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Not without cheating

3. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Never noticed. She has always had Dex=17 for me. Could it be a patch issue? I would have thought it to be the other way round if anything, as she has lower dex in BG1.

4. Col. Bruce Hampton Retired Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The AC bonus was needed far more in BG1, where there were lesser armors available, not to mention an iron shortage. In BG2 you can find armor, rings, helms, and magic that more than compensates.

If necessary get her the Gauntlets Of Dexterity (18).

5. Urithrand

Media:
    I don't like to use the gauntlets of dexterity really as there are far more interesting bracers to give her. I do like to use her as a main frontline fighter but it's difficult when her dex. is low. I prefer giving her Gaunts of weapon expertise, but I suppose sacrifices must be made :)

6. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

It's probably a glitch. SoA is meant for Lady Jah to have a Dex of 17... so hack it in!

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Actually, the NPCs that are present in BG1 and BG2 don't have the same statistics, and Jaheira isn't the only instance. Minsc also has more buffed stats in his second incarnation of BG2. I can only assume that such an obvious change was intentional on the part of the programmers.

8. Drumheller Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Yeah, what happened to Viconia's 50% MR? :eek: :D

9. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

And (nothing to do with ability scores, but) some of the NPCs go through alignment changes as well. In BG1, Minsc was neutral good. In SoA, he's chaotic good. I think Imoen's changes as well.

EDIT: Changed chaotic neutral to chaotic good

[ August 05, 2004, 00:35: Message edited by: Wiegraf Folles ]

10. Drumheller Gems: 6/31

Good observation. Minsc lost Dynaheir and Imoen was tortured, so their alignment changes are understandable, especially since CHARNAME's alignment can change through the course of the game as well.

11. Col. Bruce Hampton Retired Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I don't think so. "Evil around every corner..." and all those other Minsc quotes? He is obviously of a Good alignment, not CN.

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I concur. Dusting of the old manuals, its true that in BG1 Minsc was Neutral Good, but in BG2, Minsc was Chaotic Good.

Going out on a limb, I'll say that Wiegraf made a typo. Happens to the best of us. :D

13. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

Jaguar is right. I meant chaotic good, just used to neutral characters (whether they're mine or NPCs)

14. GodRules44 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yeah I was gonna say minsc is definitely a force of good lol.

15. Urithrand

Media:
    Yup. Anyway, Jahiera's Dex might change coz I have TOB installed, but the first time round when I import my char from BG1 she definately has 17. Isn't fair...

16. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    That's a bug. I'm 99% positive that Jaheira's dexterity in BG1 is 14. Even if you gave her the tome of dexterity, there was no getting it up to 17.

17. Wiegraf Folles Gems: 6/31

I was just playing BG1 and she had 14 dex for me

18. Dradeel Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Unless you played multiplayer, and found book of dex, and then saved the game and placed 6 of the chars that had the book in there inventory into the game and put all six onto one char and boosted his dex up to 25 ;S then exported the char lol (semi-cheating) lol

19. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

Semi-cheating? :xx:
    That's the pinnacle of cheating! :D

Back on the subject.
    Jaheira has 17 dex in BG2. Maybe the curse she gets hit by pulls it down temporarily, I don't remember, but in either case it should reset to 17 after it is lifted.

In BG Jaheira had 14 dex.

20. Urithrand

Media:
    No, Jahiera never had 17 in BG1, she had 17 in SoA when I imported my PC from BG1, but when I exported from SoA and re-imported into SoA her dexterity is 14. See?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.