1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

At last a character of my taste

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by San Ti, Jan 29, 2005.

1. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

My favourite BG2 character will always be the CG male Stalker - the race really doesn't matter to me. The whole "screw the rules, I'll do what's right" attitude combined with the all-around coolness of that kit are what puts it at the top.

Honourable mentions to the NE Fighter/Thief (if dualled, Assassin/Fighter), NG Half-Elf Blade and TN Berserker/Druid dual-class. All of these classes can do a little bit of everything and are a lot more "real" in many respects than most others.

I know alignment is not meant to be a straightjacket but I chafe at Lawful non-Evil alignments. I role-play rather than powergame, which makes being a pillar of society feel more like being the pillock for every schmuck I promise to help out. Eventually I just end up following Minsc's example and act more CG than anything else.

And we've followed that game with avid interest, HB!

I agree - I have a hard time being actively evil, though... I really have to TRY to be properly evil. As has been pointed out many times, Chaotic Evil is not Chaotic Stupid - I often find myself doing things the "good" way, simply because a LE character would prefer to be admired as it would facilitate his evil behaviour.

2. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I like to play a Chaotic Neutral or True Neutral Thief or Wild Mage. I really like the rabbit familiar, it reminds me so much of Monty Python's and the Holy Grail.

When I have to be Good (in order to create a good old Ranger Cleric) I choose the Chaotic Good alignement because I just can't stand Lawful characters (in my opinion they're just awful).

Sometimes I like creating greedy self centred Neutral Evil characters; nevertheless as it had been pointed out, playing a really evil protagonist is not that easy -but it sure feels good- (since you have to find other motivations) acting the "good" part but not without ulterior motives just like NonSequitur underlined. I believe that an evil protagonist would rather surround himself with goody types (efficient but not too bright i.e Minsc and also Aerie, Imoen, Valygar and Mazzy) and manipulate them rather than teaming up with the likes of Korgan or Edwin... Thus being evil while having to conceal the fact behind "saintly" appearances.

@Rolsuk Fryulee: Chaos rules!!! ;)

Off Topic: btw my favourite soundsets are Khalid's and Tiax's -it makes sense!

3. Fara Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

My top four favourites to play are, in order:
    Chaotic Good Human Female Fighter
    True Neutral Half-Elven Female Shapeshifter
    Chaotic Neutral Elven Female Sorceress
    Chaotic Evil Female Halfling Wizard Slayer

I think I'm going to play as a Chaotic Neutral Halfling Female Bard (courtesy of ShadowKeeper) next time I play through the game, just for something different.

4. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

My favorite character is a True Neutral Thief, who doesn't like killing (at least not mass-murdering), just sneaking and stealing. My other favorite is a True Neutral Assassin, who handles the killing :)

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    As Joacqin said in another thread, play 'Smart Evil',. Just because you are evil doesn't mean you have to go around being nasty and killing every one. A truly evil character knows that it pays off to look 'Good'.

6. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Elven Lawful Neutral Sorcerer!!! He shall pwn all!! :D

Half-elven Lawful Good Ranger/Cleric Multi...he shall smash/crash/bash ALL!!! :evil:

7. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

A neutral evil halfling assasin with fondness of practising backstabbing on commoners and other lowlife filth. I actualy do this to lower my rep!

8. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I am playing solo through it now as an evil Assasin. It is quite difficult.

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I'm a fan of the CG Elven F/M/T ... A true one-man commando unit :D

After that, my favourite characters are ?G Ranger>Clerics, LE Monks and, lastly, Inquisitors. Especially with Vhailor's voice set; the only problem is when he talks about axes whilst battering his foes with a giant two-handed sword ... the rest of that set's nearly perfect for him, though.

10. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Well, I like a True/Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic/Neutral Good cleric/mage or fighter/mage multiclass. I tend towards good, but I also like the two neutral alignments because that gives me the opportunity to play good when it suits my character (ie when it's financially worthwhile or when he likes or feels sorry for the person who he's helping). Seems more realistic to me than a morally pure person. Plus it gives me a little more freedom as to my party choice.

As for the class, I like the way the cleric and fighter classes can benefit from the addition of arcane magic, most notably with combat buffs and sequencer spells. Lovely.

11. cwarzy56 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My favourite is a human mage/sorcerer with a c/g alignment and set all secencers and I can blast the last group of Cowled Wizards away easily :D :) :cool:

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

NG Elven Kensai. Very Bladesinger-ish ;)

Right now though I'm trying to play through with a CG half-elf ranger/cleric multi. I'm planning to bring him through from BG1 (no totsc though :( ) and he will rock ;)

13. Ardanis Gems: 1/31

Although kensais are popular, I don't like not wearing armor. I like finding new armor and putting it on and such, you know? So when I'm a fighter, I'm regular old fighter.

I have a few favorites-- but I've never actually completed the game, I always find myself tempted by the ability to go and make a new character-- there's *too* much customization to be had! Ha.

Right now I'm playing a Neutral Good Half-Elven Bard. He's using the short bow you get from the beastmaster at the Copper Coronet.

Other than that-- I'm pretty fond of Druids for some odd reason-- I like the ability to conjure up the magical weapons (i.e. Shilleagh, Flame Blade) as well as not having to feel inclined to be a religious type.

I've tried evil characters but gotten quickly bored (Human neutral evil Fighter dueled over to thief at level nine.)

I'm inclined to try out a chaotic neutral wild mage pretty soon, as well.

14. Warrior of the World

Warrior of the World Questing through space

Lawful Good Paladin, or Lawful Good fighter all the way.

15. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Usually Inquistor, from way back in BG1..

sometimes LG cleric

I prefer to play front liners and let the NPC's support.

16. knowledge Gems: 1/31

I normally bend toward Good, although I have been known to choose Evil, especially if I play a Bhaal worshipping Assassin.

But, when I play good, I normally play Rangers, I've yet to try a monk, and Clerics are fun also...

17. Kulyok Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I normally play a neutral character, but sometimes I relax as a Paladin with a rep of 20 and LG behavior.
    Playing Evil is really nice, but my choice of companions is limited. Jan and Haer do not fit into the Evil Party, IMO.

18. jurema Gems: 1/31

My personal favorite is a CG halfling swashbuckler. These guys rock, specially in ToB.
    when i was at the Throne of Bhaal my swashbuckler managed to [snip]
    THANK YOU GOD. i think he's the best, even in SoA.
    i prefer CG because of the two slow poison and of the two Draw uppon the holy might (in high levels this is just wonderfull), it's a pity i can't use this abillities after johny's robery (PC soul) :( .

[ToB content removed, please go read forum descriptions.] -Tal

[ March 07, 2005, 18:20: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

19. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    I like playing Chaotic Neutral, but I play with a conscience.
    Also, playing a Bard just feels right. I get the most fun out of just about any game when I play as one. I like the idea the practical wanderer, and the element of unpredictability.
    It's sad how the Sylvanas image seems to have stuck with the class though.

Some words from a rumor, a line from a song
    A sentence from the records of a time long since gone...

[ March 07, 2005, 18:06: Message edited by: Scythesong Immortal ]

20. Chickavalier Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I Like LG Cavalier

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.