1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

How can I deal with a invisible mage who has spell immunity to invisibility detection

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Lionheart, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Lionheart Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

My question is just as the title.Thanks!
    Oh,and is improved anvil v3 released?

2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I assume they are using Spell Immunity: Divination?

If so, then you can either wait for it to expire (the duration caps at 20 rounds) or load 3 Ruby Ray of Reversals into a Chain Contingency and ensure the Mage is the closest target when it goes off.

If he is somehow immune another way, then I'd advise bombarding the area with area-effect spells. Horrid Wilting is good for this, as is Sunfire. As long as you have a fair idea of where he is, then you don't actually have to target him directly.

I don't believe it is; I'm sure Sikret will announce when it is released.

3. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

Glitterdust is the only non-divination spell of which I know that can reveal invisible creatures.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

You can try Dispel Magic on a monster near the mage.

5. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Thief ability detect illusion will get rid of his invisibilty, despite SI: Divination. If you don't have a thief with this ability, maybe you can try putting somebody close to the protected mage and hit him with a Dispell magic. It will hit the mage also, and maybe dispell his invisibility. Just hope he hasn't protected himself wit SI: Abjuration :p

If everything else fails, area effects will do the trick. Sunfire, fire ball, stinking cloud, abi dhalzim, dragon breath, comet... You have plenty of them :)

Maybe you can try summon nishruu or hakeashar, I'm not sure if they can see invisible opponents. If that fails, protect your party from evil via a cleric spell and gate in a demon. He'll definetly see invisible opponent.

6. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Just bomb the bugger with Fireballs, Skulltraps and other spells with AoE.

7. Lionheart Gems: 4/31

Thank you for all suggestions!
    Because with these MODS(which exactly it is,I don't know) almost every mage got an Spell Immunity:Divination and everytime I must wait it to wear off,but it's not that happy!
    I have another question.It seems the spell repartoire of my mage(Xzar)is too poor!But I can't find a good spell store in the game,for example,where can I get ADHW in chapter 2 and 3?

8. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

You can't, except if you're very luck and a random goblin drops you a scroll :D

Hight level scrolls(level 8 and 9) become avaible for purchase only after you go throu Underdark. You'll find occasional one in random container, but I doubt it will happen much before Underdark.

9. Sikret Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Since players have been informed that IA v3.0 will be released soon, I have received a large number of good suggestions and new item upgrade requests (to be added to the new version of the mod) in the last few days. Studying all of the new suggestions takes some time, but I will release the mod very soon. As Decados mentioned, I will announce its release in this forum as well.

10. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

You can get ADHW in the early chapters if you progress far enough into the mage stronghold quest.

11. Lionheart Gems: 4/31

OK,no wonder I never came across those I need...
    But I think...
    I will just steal it from nobleman or someone else :D

12. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I guess that you are refeering to IA which does this, but oftenlt it's non-detection rather than spell immunity: divination.

13. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

I havn't encountered many mages that use SI: Divination in the game ...

14. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You are lucky they do not have both Spell Immunity:Divination and Abjuration stacked together. This is a most dreadful combo, making the caster nigh invincible, save for Glitterdust or Ruby Ray. Smarter mages/liches from tactics sometimes have these, and Improved Irenicus, the Shattered One always has these.

Thief's detect illusion skill is very, very useful. You can attack and then activate the skill, this way you can both hack at and detect illusions. Sadly, only Jan has some points in the skill. This is why I found him a lot more useful than any other thief NPC.

If you can hit the mage with a dispel weapon (SoM, this weapon is the end of Improved Irenicus if you can score a hit when he is unprotected.) it will dispel everything regardless of SI:Abjuration too! This is very handy!

I still am not sure if Glitterdust still makes the target visible when he succeds its saving throw. Sometimes it does, sometimes it does not. (tried this tactic on tactic mod's always invisible Spirit trolls)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.