1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

+4 to hit enemies

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by david w, Mar 27, 2004.

1. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Reading a lot of other posts that make reference to enemies in TOB only being vulnerable to +4 or better has got me curious as to just how many enemies this applies to. For certain, the soldiers (human and otherwise) in Saradush and Amkethran don't have immunity to non-magic weapons and I've wounded fire giants with +1 weapons quite a few times.

So just how many enemies in the game are there that are completely invulnerable to harm from anything less than +4 weapons?

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

That big huge monster thing in the pocket plane, the 2nd last room I think.

3. david w Gems: 19/31

Do you mean the Ravager?

Offhand I can only think of one other: Demogorgon. I'm sure there are a few others.

So far:

The Ravager
    Demogorgon

4. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Yes the Ravager, I do remember using the celestial(+3) through ToB and ended up getting rid of it because I kept hearing "no effect" etc from my men, there has to be more but can't think of them.

5. Neeraj the Freak Paladin Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

IIRC Mellisan is in this catagory also

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Melissan is not. She can actually be hit by +3 weapons or better.

Kangaxx and the demilich in WK require +4 weapons or better. Ravager is +5 (I think), solars are +3 or better.

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

IIRC, Melissan has this special ability kinda thing which is like Absolute Immunity...you can't touch her with anything less than +6 when she goes into that...

8. david w Gems: 19/31

Isn't that ability just Melissan casting the Absolute Immunity spell? I know she casts it a few times which is when weapons like the Ravager +6 and Carsoymr +6 are really worth having.

So far:

Demogorgon
    The Ravager
    Kangaxx
    The Demi-Lich

Any others? I have to admit, that doesn't strike me as a whole lot of enemies. From the way people on these forums go on sometimes, you'd think 99% of TOB's enemies are immune to anything less than +4. But it looks more like about 1% are immune.

9. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

IIRC, Abazigal, Sendai and Balthazar (sp?) were not hurt by the Celestial Fury, though I might be mistaken. Sendai might've cast Absolut Immunity or something.

I seem to *know* that there are more +3 immune monsters out there, though I cannot think of any ATM...

10. NAM US Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I realy haven't had any problems.
    My main fighter has Fail of the Ages +5 +2cold +2Acid +2Fire +2Poison +2Electrical.One in each hand("blun30"),and or Improved sword of Grief+5("sw2h18")If you go in with the sword first they cast Prot. spells,then I change to "Flails"plus your others and what they do. ;) :D
    You like I make the Shiny Ones For YOU?

11. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Uh, if I read that right, you have 2 Flails of the Ages +5? Ouch. And as far as I know, enemies don't give a fig what you have equipped, they'll cast protection spells anyway.

I can't seem to recall fighting a demi-lich in WK though, where is he?

12. omnigodly Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Veteran

Githyanki camp, 2 exits lead to the red dragon and the demi-lich.

2 FoA = cheater cheater panty eater!!!

Is Abzigals son among the immune to +3 or less?
    Maybe the beholder that keeps casting the Gaeas?

13. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

You're off topic :nono: This topic is about what enemies that are immune to +4, not about your cheating. :toofar:

14. david w Gems: 19/31

Off topic moan:

@ Nam US, of course you haven't had any problems. You're wielding +5 weapons (cheating as well because you've got the same one twice) against enemies that only require +4 or less to hit. Why *would* you have problems?

Back on topic:

What about the elemental princes? I can't remember the last time I fought Ilix but I'm guessing you'd need a +4 to hit him. Same probably applies to Ogremoch.

15. NAM US Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

OK? Is it cheating if the same CHR. goes All the way through the game 2 times or more, and you pay the little deamon to," make the Shinny ones for you"? I said I realy had no problems with these weapons. My Bad I added codes.

16. david w Gems: 19/31

You're completely missing the point. This isn't about whether you had problems with enemies, it isn't about cheating - it's about enemies which require +4 weapons to hit!

Understand? :confused:

17. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I really hope that Tal beats the crap out of all of you for these off topic posts.

No. He does use protection spells, however.

Nope.

Ogremoch is either +3 or +4 required to hit. I'm thinking that Ilix can be hit by anything, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I seem to remember beating him with a +2 weapon.

18. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Isn't all of this rather moot? I can't think of a single melee weapon class that does not have a +4 or better weapon available to you in ToB. None. With missile weapons, it's a little different, because it's the enchantment on the arrow, bolt or bullet, not the bow or sling that determines what it can hit.

But even that isn't all that big of a deal. For slings, +4 bullets are readily available. Short bows have the Gesen bow that hits as a +4 weapon and does not require ammo (you can fire arrows with it for extra damage, but you can fire it without ammo, in which case the magic arrows count as +4). For cross bows, long bows and composite bows, I still think you are OK because I believe arrows/bolts of biting hit as +4 weapons. So, no matter what, you should be OK.

In fact AFAIK, the best weapon in every class either comes as a +4 or better weapon or can be upgraded to a +4 or better weapon with one exception - Celestial Fury. However, if you use katanas there is a +4 Katana available in Saradush right at the beginning of ToB - Yomota or something like that. So if you always have a +4 weapon anyway, it's really not a big deal...

19. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Well Aldeth beat me to it but I'll say it anyway.

Who really gives a s*** anyway? and why would you want to use weapons lower than +4 anyway? apart from challange I have no idea.

There is absolutly no excuse by ToB to not have most if not all characters with +4 weapons or higher

20. david w Gems: 19/31

Aldeth/Casey, I think you're missing the point of my post. Yes, I know there are a lot of +4 weapons in TOB. Too many in fact. That wasn't what I was getting at.

The point I was making, the whole reason behind starting this thread in the first place, was to highlight something I felt needed highlighting, namely: that there aren't that many enemies in TOB that require +4 weapons to hit. So far, people have come up with 3 enemies which isn't a lot considering the sheer number of enemies you fight throughout the game.

From other posts I've read on the subject, 99% of the people on this forum seem to be under the mistaken belief that almost every enemy in TOB requires +4 or better to hit and I've seen quite a few comments along the lines of "oh, Celestial Fury's a great sword for SOA but once you get into TOB it's useless 'cos there aren't any enemies you can hit with it".

So I thought it was high time someone started a post pointing out how wrong that belief was.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.