1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

D&D TV series party

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by corbulo87, Jun 7, 2003.

1. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Always loved that show, always kept me wanting more. Much better than that damned second rate movie...

If you're wondering about what I'm talking about, it's the Dungeons and Dragons animated TV series. A bunch of kids are trapped in a carnival ride, which turns out to be a portal into the D&D world, and they are charged by a smart-arsed little gnomish (?) wizard fellow who talks in riddles to save the realm from the big bad evil demonspawn of satan-type character. Anyway I would love to play this party through. Please fill in the gaps...

Human Male Archer - Longbows.
    Human Female Thief - ???
    Elf (cos he's not well build exaclty...) Male Wizard - Quarterstaff
    Halfling (cos he's small) Male Barbarian - Club (?)
    [I don't know how I'm going to do Uni... any ideas?]

I could swear I've missed someone, and a few things. Fill me in.

2. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

The blond guy was a Ranger.... with a bow that shot lightning, though he seemed to be able to wrap it around people.

The thief girl had a cloak/hood of invisibility.

The little boy was a barbarian with a club that could cause earthquakes.

The scrawny wizard kid had what I call a "hat of many things" because he never knew what he'd pull out of it.

I'd call Uni a familiar... best I could do in the game would be a psuedodragon, though he's really a little unicorn.

You had the cowardly Cavalier... with the shield that could create a dome around them all.

You had the monk/acrobat who had that pole that could elongate or shrink all she wanted.

that gnomish guy was called Dungeon Master hehe.

besides the kids... there was Avenger, who was.. an anti-paladin, or.. an Avenger hehe

There was Strongheart.. a paladin.

Tiamat, the five headed uberDragon.

lots and lots of bullywugs...

Godz I'm old... *goes to find his dentures and walker*

3. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31

Names? I'm hopeless for them, anyone know the names of the characters?

Oh and Dungeon Master... I am such a dumb@ss... :p

4. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, if you go way back into the Adventurer's mart, you can see two murals depicting the characters from the TV show.

5. corbulo87 Gems: 8/31

They don't say their names man, and only give a brief description of the characters. And it says they got eaten by Tiamat :D

6. GabrielNYC Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

[​IMG] Dont forget..WARDUKE!

Is he a fighter/mage? regular fighter?

In my tabletop campaign, he's a blackguard. Stands to reason..

7. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    There's also "Shadow Demon." Don't forget him - Venger's little lacky. Oh yeah...and his name isn't "Avenger" with an "A." Just simply "Venger." I always thought he was a cool villain. Can't remember anyone else's name.

If you do make this party, the Gesen Bow seems a natural fit for your Ranger (who should probably be an Archer).

8. Britpack Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Ranger - Hank (blonde, light green/dark green colour scheme, longbow - maybe an archer kit?)

Thief - Sheila (Redhead, light purple/dark purple, never used weapons)

Acrobat - Diana (African American, Brown/gold colours, quarterstaffs - maybe use a swashbuckler of a blade, she's supposed to be athletic)

Cavalier - Eric (Dark hair, yellow/red, dunno about weapons, he only used a shield)

Mage - Presto (Red hair, Green, he pulled his magic out of his hat, and it was never predictable, so maybe a wild mage?)

Barbarian - Bobby (Blonde, Brown/grey, clubs)

Dungeonmaster (white hair, red/dark red, stupidly powerful, maybe a sourcerer)

Also, see this site, which has the character's D&D stats:
    http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Flats/1419/dandd.html

It's late, and I'm knackered. G'night y'all.

Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. Sweeeeet... ;)

9. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Just a few ideas to add, they may require ShadowKeeper to pull off, but just minor things:

Hank: Archer kit for sure, give him the Gesen Bow.

Shiela: Consider an Imoen-ish mage/thief here (with a mage avatar). Her thief skills mainly consisted of hiding and confusing enemies. There is no cloak of Invisibility in the game, so go with Non-detection, and a ring of Invisibility.

Diana: If Monks could use staves, I'd say go monk. However, a Kensai with specialization in Staves sounds perfect here.

Eric: Go Cavalier here obviously, but if you really want to roleplay, use SK to change his alignment to chaotic good and drop his charisma to about 15. He was a spoiled arrogant sarcastic jerk on the show. Maybe the fortress shield for his item. Best one I can think of.

Presto: Like said above, Wild Mage seems perfect here. To simulate the "hat of many things." maybe give him limited wish as an innate ability? Seems cheap? Drop his wisdom to like 10. Presto was good, but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. He rarely got what he wanted from the hat, perhaps because of low wisdom.

Bobby: Barbarian, and give him a halfling or gnome avatar. His weapon is "the thunder club" or something, so since all the clubs in the game suck, just change it to hammers and call it good (Hammer of Thunderbolts).

Dungeon Master: I disagree with Britpack a bit. Considering that in the show he was Mr. Wisdom with all the good guidance and advice, make him a priest of some type. You could combine both our ideas and make him a cleric/mage, but use a Gnome and go Cleric/Illustionist, pumping Wisdom and Intelligence to the max. Use SK to give him a gnome mage avatar as well. I've heard you can create a sorcerer/cleric by using ShadowKeeper, but I don't know how that would work. Just go Cleric/Illustionist and call it good.

This makes 7 characters, so consider ditching Presto in lue of having Dungeon Master. Judgement call here.

We're wrapping it up...now the voice sets to use:

Hank: Male 2 from BG1 would work
    Sheila: Nalia would be perfect, even Imoen
    Diana: Female 4 from BG2, or even Dynahier from BG1
    Eric: Since he's a smart-ass, go with Morte from PS:T; Coran or Eldoth from BG1.
    Presto: Insecure clumsy goofball? Khalid from BG1.
    Bobby: Maybe Garrick or Quayle from BG1...they both sound young.
    Dungeon Master: Male003 (or 4?) from BG2 would be good

All of these sets are available in the downloads section here at SP, I believe.

You're on your own for the portraits, by that's what Google's for! :thumb:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.