1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Dragon's Hoard -- the fastest mod download center

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Baronius, May 11, 2005.

1. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Dragon's Hoard Download Center
    Comprehensive, fast, and reliable... do we need more?

The biggest download center of Infinity Engine game modifications is open! You can find various mods, fixpacks, tweaks, quest and NPC mods, engine conversions, partial and total conversions, mod re-makes etc. here.

You can browse the files manually as well as on a web page. All mods have short descriptions and related links, and a link to player comments regarding the mod, if there are any.

Have fun!

[ May 11, 2005, 19:49: Message edited by: Baronius ]

2. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Thank you for the advice, I shall go to this website after I am done exploring Sorcerer's Place first!

3. Gro'Mul Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Well, I can't access it, is anything wrong?

4. olimikrig

olimikrig Cavalier of War Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    HP is down due to maintenance (I'm not affiliated with it, just for the record :p )...

5. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

ah, so thats why i couldnt get on it yesterday, whew i thought was done for...

6. Baronius

I can promise that when it becomes available again, it will be as fast and reliable as it always has been. Currently it seems that the required maintenance will be longer than we expected earlier. Thank you for your understanding.

7. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31

Adding anything? if so please let us know!

8. Baronius

I would be more than happy if I could do so... this is a required technical maintenance, nothing special. (And the download speed won't be higher. It has always been high enough anyway. ) Though, perhaps, there will be an additional feature of the DHDC web too.

9. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Ummmm, does anyone know why DHDC isn't working now, because it now says that it doesn't exist and I really want some mods! Can anyone help?!

10. The Gatekeeper Gems: 5/31

Its shut down... just wait, itll be back :)

11. Baronius

12. Baronius

Unfortunately, DHDC is closed for undetermined time. There have been so many downloads lately that it caused the server to die or slow down several times. According to its support team, an upgrade is inevitable, but we don't have enough financial resources to do it, so we're waiting for donations. See the downloads page for more information.

Thanks for your understanding.

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Let's see if I can help with the downloads...

14. Baronius

Thanks for the generous offer, Tal.

Fortunately, thanks to the donations of visitors, we were able to upgrade the server.

Everything is up & running, again. :)

15. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

About the download page: IMHO, it could be better structured, perhaps by dividing it into different sections for different games at least. It's a pretty long list of mods.

16. Baronius

True, it's rather just an interface to the file collection, and isn't too well-arranged in other respects.
    In case you want to send them your suggestions/comments, its maintainers/developers can be contacted on the following email address:
    dhdc@N_O_S_P_A_M_blackwyrmlair.net

Thanks for your comment.

17. Baronius

An SP member has just drawn my attention that I forgot to offer a link to download statistics in one of the topics I've just posted in.

It can be found here. Statistics for mods which primary download location isn't DHDC (or have more mirrors) don't necessarily reflect their popularity. In other words, big numbers are almost a guarantee that it's a preferred mod (regardless how many locations it has), while smaller numbers of mirrored mods may not be so informative in this respect. (The system is protected against multiple downloads from the same PC, so the statistics -- especially the ones with high values -- are quite accurate.)

On a side note, at the moment the traffic of Dragon's Hoard tends to increase slowly but surely from month to month. This is both good (more active players and preferred mods) and bad (more bandwidth and resource usage). We'll do our best to keep the current availability and speed.

18. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Why, oh why, do you have TDD original up there? Posterity is one thing, but thousands of people have downloaded it, presumably instead of TDD-WeiDU! Aargh!

19. Baronius

The primary mission of DHDC is just to mirror mods, but filtering the selection is (especially in case of such mods) can be important too. I'm not the "full-time" maintainer of DHDC, so I usually don't know how the mods were selected, but I can forward the feedback. Is the only difference between TDD-WeiDU and TDD that the first one is WeiDU-based? (Content, other changes etc?)

20. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't think there are any content changes (I guess they fixed some crashing and stuff), but it might be worth checking at the forum on ShS to be certain. One of the BP crowd there will know for sure.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.