1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Splitting up partners

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate (Classic)' started by Jarron, Jul 26, 2000.

1. Jarron Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] I mentioned this in another post but it will get lost in there. For the benefit of some of you who apparently don't realize this (fat egg) you can split up Khalid / Jaheira, Xzar / Montaron, Minsc / Dynaheir, and any others. Its very simple and you don't have to kill them. Send the one you don't want by themself into a building you don't plan on going in again. Then dismiss that character. For instance I send Khalid into a house in Bergost while the rest of us wait outside. Then I dismiss. Jaheira couldn't care less. Now I have her but I don't have the whiny little twerp.

One other cool thing is that doing with any group this opens up a new NPC - Biff the understudy. He has great stats, six in everything if I remember (lol). The way to get him is to go into the room with the dismissed character. In order to keep the game from crashing the programmers had to add him. Its the games way around the fact that only one of the two got dismissed.

2. Wingfoot Guest

thats a good way but killing them is easier and more fun.... an unwanted character sent into battle w/out equipment works if you dont want to do the dirty deed yourself.

3. Wingfoot Guest

i did try it the way you mentioned, even went back into the building, but i never saw BIFF.....

4. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I did realize that before you told me, I simply feel its better to get them killed as that way you never have to worry that perhaps you missed something in the building.
    But thanks anyway.

5. Gunthar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] The most sadistic way to split up a pair is to have one partner kill the other one. Sure it is all fun and good to send somebody into battle with no armour, but it is better for them to be killed by their dearest friend. BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! :D

6. Vermillion Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

[​IMG] Cool tip, although I usualy just get the person I don't want killed, ocasionaly by the fellow party members for being so useless.

7. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Kewl, killed by their dearest friend, very sadistic.

8. hooligan_inc Guest

Jaheira 14-0 Khalid

9. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Now the Scottish results,
    And in the Baldur's Gate Premier divsion today,
    Imoen 27, Khalid Nil

10. Gunthar Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Sadism is my middle name. :D

11. hooligan_inc Guest

Liverpool to win the premiership!!!!!!!
    (Next season)

12. Dragoness Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Hello! Yup, killing them is the best way to get things moving. It's fun, and if you take all their stuff before, way simpler to do. Or i use that character in a definite death situation. ;) ("You just stand there while we slip out this secret backdoor here...")

13. hooligan_inc Guest

I didn't understand a word of that.
    But anyway, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERPOOL, LIVERP-OOOOO-OOOOL etc etc.

14. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

Hey Hooligan, did you know that since you live nowhere Old Trafford you're 25 times more likely to be a Man U fan?
    And since I don't follow English football I couldn't comment on Liverpool's chances of winning the season, but as long as they gub man u I'll be chanting for them...
    Is it obvious I hate man united?

15. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] You hate Man utd as well? Yipee! Nice one brother!

16. Vermillion Gems: 18/31

[​IMG] Apparantly, so do most people IN Manchester! :D

17. Nazgul Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] Just love all this game talk ;>

18. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] WHAT'S WITH BIFF!?
    I've dismissed Khalid, and kept Jeheira, but never have I met Biff. I even went into the room I sent Khalid into. No Biff. Wasup wit dat?

19. hooligan_inc Guest

[​IMG] I once thought Gerrad Houllier was quite clever signing Nick Barmby, but then he signed Gary McAllister! WHAAT! The guy needs a zimmer frame to get round the pitch! The best Scottish player in my opinion is still Jon Collins. BRING BACK JON!
    BRING BACK JON!
    BRING BACK JON! [repeat until sleep overcomes]

[This message has been edited by hooligan_inc (edited August 05, 2000).]

20. Jarron Gems: 1/31

Its been a while but this is how you get Biff. Dismiss one of them like I said earlier. Then send just your main character into the room where you dismissed them. The character will then give you their dismissal speech and tell the other half to leave with them even though that other half isn't in the room. Then leave and come back in. It should still only be the one character in the room even though now both are gone from your party. Talk to them and invite them to join. In the case of Khalid and Jaheira (the only two I've done this with) they start talking to you like this is the first meeting again back at the friendly arm inn. And if you remember they talked to eachother a lot then. But now their is only one person there so in order to keep the game from crashing BIS put in Biff the understudy. He assumes the part of the missing person and you can get him to join. He is a lousy character though. First level fighter with stats of 6 in everything.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.