1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The perfect stats

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by David, Jul 12, 2001.

1. David Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

um i wanted to make a few really good classes with great stats i rolled for 2 hours 20 minutes and i didnt get a good score at all ?Does anyone have any tips when rolling cause its really hard clicking that reroll button for hours lol.

thanks for any advice.

2. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] When you are bored with rolling over and over again, then cheat!(not recommended)

First enable the cheats by typeing: Debug Mode=1 into the Baldur.ini file; program options

Second start a new game and at the character generation screen press ctrl+shift+8; all of your stats goes up to 18(your strength to 18/00) -I don't recommend this, it is cheating of the worst sort! -but you can spare a lot of time with it. :)

3. Silverblade Guest

Well David, sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you're not. I had days when one high roll came after another and it seemed that I couldn't roll low, but other days, my rolls were around 80 all the time.

So you just need some luck.

4. Jander Sunstar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

In my second roll when I was creating a swashbuckler elf I got these stats by adding and subtracting:
    str: 18
    dex: 19
    con: 17
    Int: 15
    Wis: 9
    Chr: 17
    however after playing through the first 2 chapters of SoA I got bored by swashbuckler and decided to restart with another class but I could never get to roll the stats I mentioned above. It's purely luck I guess.

5. David Gems: 1/31

Well the bummer thing about is hwy i have to do this is becuase i beat bauldr's gate shadows of amn and when i did a day later my comp crashed and got all messed up so i had to format it and i forgot to save my games so i lost my 17th lvl paladin .He was great i had tons of speels for him great equipment and
    his stats were
    well i was going to import him into throne of bhaaal but no lick with that so i used shadow keeper and made myself the same cahrqacter to get him back but after i beat throne of bhaal im going to restart him when i get osme good stats and make him real good

6. Bowie Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

When I roll a character I quickly set all the stats I can to 15 so it looks something like this:
    STR 15
    DEX 15
    CON 15
    INT 15
    WIS 15
    CHA 3

next time I roll, if I can get a higher score in CHA I'll save that one. Once I have what I think is a high enough roll, then I distribute the points as I want.

I find this way is the quickest to find your highest roll without having to do the math in your head.

7. Mohag Gems: 1/31

...or, just add up the second column. Anything over 20 is good, anything over 25 is great.

8. Strife Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

Frankly, with ToB installed I find it easier to roll much higher stats now.

My highest ever with adding and subtracting was a 18/89, 18, 18, 18, 18, 6.

Sadly I restarted and now I only have an 18/25, 18, 18, 18, 18, 4.

Which is killer stats for almost any character anyway so I'm pretty happy.

9. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

*shakes his head* You people must like craps, huh? Heh, why bother really. If you want to max them out, just use shadow keeper or something of the sort and don't waste time rolling. Actually, this is why I really like the point buy system they're using for the new third edition games. Just buy the stats you want and forget the rolling. Course with the point totals being discussed as low as 25 to spend, all you master rollers as just SOL. Better get that copy of Nighkeeper ASAP ;)

10. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Bowie.. i dunno bout you.. but I leave my calculations to my trusty calculator...

on which note.. I set aside like 25 rolls for my stats.... so i pick the best out of the 25... its just a waste of good play time if roll too much...

11. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I take everything down to 10 and see what's in the "points to distribute" section. Or, if you're making a Paladin or something (min. cha: 17, min. wis: 13), just get it to add up to 20 or 30.

12. Baldak Oakfist Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

What are all you "Stat"crazy people going to do when Neverwinter Nights comes out and you can't have all these supermen/women. As of right now Neverwinter will use a point buy system that will generate only slightly above average characters.

[This message has been edited by Baldak Oakfist (edited July 23, 2001).]

13. Lord Praetor Munir Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

the highest roll i got... for a mage i mean.. was 83... after bout 30 mins.. dun take too much time rolling.. ur missing the game

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.