1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Coolest Spell in the Game

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Benan, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Lynx Lupo Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

And heal. What would i give to have it in RL...

2. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Anyone know what that MKD2 spell does? I saw it browsin' through SK once. Looks weird.

3. Algarion Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Call familiar (is that correct? so long since I actually played the game..) Having your own cat or miny-bat adds to much depth in the game.

4. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Comet (Love bashing bad guys with a comet.)
    Color Spray (ooohh... Shiny)
    Prismatic Spray (More shinies!)

However, do not cast Color Spray on an enemy behind you. Or you will knock yourself out.

Did that once in the middle of a battle. *eek* Caused all the other party members to panic and scatter.

5. Scythesong Immortal Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Media:
    Wail of the Banshee while stoneskinned in the middle of a screenful of CLUAconsoled orcs.
    I really must look for my screenshot of that one... :)

6. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Clairvoyance. Barring that, Power Word: Sleep! How cool is it to be able to put enemies that have less than 20 hitpoints to sleep?

7. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I had a scroll of MDK2 when I imported my BG1 character once. I don't know where it came from.

You know to fear the Magic Stone. Nothing like a good 1d4 of damage.

8. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

well personally I love the armour spell, nothing like have 18 dex and casting a spell to set your ac to 6 :)

But seriously whats so good about timestop (when its used by the enemy)? its annoying and slows you down.

9. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

You can also use timestop yourself. Then it is very nice, as you basically get to do three rounds worth of actions... in NO second :p

10. casey Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

yeah I realise that but honestly isnt it just a bit cheesy? Personally I find Robe of Vecna + Amulet of power + improved alacricity to be more then enough to get a job done, without ever needing time stop, even with Draconis at least this way you can get through a fight quicker.

11. Lethis. Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] "Faraaz" I was sure Jon's spells were unavailable to actually get, the one with lightning and the explosion :confused:

(Storm of Vengence, come on!? :aaa: )

12. Niskers Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I was always partial to TimeStop followed by a couple horrid wilting and a Dragon's Breath or two. If that didn't kill them, it certainly slowed them down.

((but we can't forget about how useful glitter dust is, never go anywhere without your dust people!))

13. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Lethis, how would Jon use spells that don't exist? They have no names, and aren't meant for the party to have, but with SK, you can do anything! :evil: (Spell browser, column on the right, "Flashy death", there's three)

Three Skull Traps in a Spell Trigger!
    Or Chromatic Orb with petrification. Level 1 Flesh to Stone!
    Powerword: Kill

14. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Dragon's Breath is powerful, maybe not the coolest. Rapture of the Father is just terribly evil :D

15. david w Gems: 19/31

It's just a pity there's no way to learn Rapture of the Father.

16. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

It is an unique ability odf Irenicus. You can certainly make it available by using cheat (which I certainly find unacceptable)

17. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Surely has a cool name though... Rapture of the Father :love:

And dont be making fun of Goodberries!
    My druid eats them everyday...as opposed to overburned tavern horse legs, that you chars eat :p

Spook!
    Creeping Doom!
    Heat metal! (eventhough this is in TDD its extremely cool... makes all iron things red and hot making enemies drop them. Unfortunately it has a saving throw as always :( )

18. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Every time I tried to use Heat Metal, it crashed my game...

Does Rapture of the Father have any statistics, or is it just an obliterating spell? And is there any reason for that odd (though rather interesting) name?

19. david w Gems: 19/31

It's the spell Irenicus casts in Spellhold to kill the shadow thieves when he's invoking his ritual. I guess the mechanics of the game engine don't allow for NPCs to just be killed off without any saving throws and even if they were given the worst saving throws possible, there's still the chance they would survive. So Rapture of the Father was created which completely ignores saving throws altogether and outright kills anyone it's cast at.

It's not so much an innate ability that Irenicus has in the SOA world as a cheat spell the designers gave him so he could kill off all those shadow thieves with no chance of failure. After all, he never uses it against the party in any of their fights with him.

20. Winterine Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I always thought it was the spell he needed in the ritual. Rapture of the Father is pretty impressive looking.

I like Storm of Vengeance, Creeping Doom, Nature's Beauty, A-D Horrid Wilting and greater Malison. I think Dragon's Breath is one of the best looking spells, and Time Stop is always very handy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.