1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Crashing in pocket plane

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by TheBard, Feb 10, 2005.

1. TheBard Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

[​IMG] Ok, I've just completed the second "know yourself" room where i fought that guy that you know, kind of... well, the second room anyway hehe. I am trying to go back to the world and will be going to the Oasis.

ANYway, when I go to the gate thingy to warp back it locks up. Grey screen where I can't do anything at all.

help?

I have played this game through so many times and this happened once before and I eventually just gave up on it and uninstalled it all.
    There has to be something I can do. Thanx in advance...

2. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Make sure you have the appropriate patch(es), I can think of the final patch.
    Reinstall might also help if the patches are ok (You didn't specify if you have experienced this grey-screen problem in the same place when played the game earlier).

3. TheBard Gems: 5/31

Veteran

I don't think it was the same place/time but I didn't make note of the exact specs last time... plus that was years ago and I've played it through several times since with no problems.

4. Baronius

The a reinstall should work now. Make sure to keep your save games.

5. TheBard Gems: 5/31

Veteran

reinstalled it all... and bleh... still crashing.

Seems like i'm stuck here a few steps from finishing the game. That sux.

6. Ruin Ehwazehs Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I had same problem......and I don't understand it eaither.
    But I accidently passed it by screwing up my already messed up dialog.
    hmm....does anybody know what's the matter?

7. TheBard Gems: 5/31

Veteran

*tops cuz i'm still stuck*

what dialogue did you mess with?

8. Baronius

Guys (girlz), then don't be surprised that things crash if you mess (=edit?) with the game files (dialogs)... no wonder that it results in problems then.

9. TheBard Gems: 5/31

Veteran

i didn't mess with anything. just crashed. keeps doing it too.. ughness.

I'm going to have to restart and that's a pain.

edit: I just reinstalled SOA, TOB, and put in the patch, and baldurdash fix pack.

Still locks up. Ideas?

[ February 21, 2005, 04:12: Message edited by: TheBard ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.