1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Yoshimo/Viconia (possible minor spoilers)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Gonzago, Aug 7, 2001.

1. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Just started a new game and put together a party with which I'm very, very happy. PC Avenger (some of those shapechange options are useless, but o so cool), Minsc, Korgan, Viconia, Nalia (to be left behind when I take off for spellhold, traded for Imoen), and Yoshimo.

Two questions:

1) If I dump Yoshimo before I leave for spellhold, will he go to the Copper Coronet or will he still show up and betray me? I really want that guy in my party, and really really want to import him with the party to ToB.

2) (Not so much a question as a request) I'd love as many spoilers as possible concerning the Vicky romance. This is my first not-perfectly-good party, but the game is so much more fun with nooky. Especially drow nooky.

If anyone wants to offer thoughts on why the good folks designing the game decided to include 3 thief-mage npc's and only one pure thief who won't stick around anyway, I'd love to hear it..

2. Brega Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

If you leave Yoshimo before Spellhold he will go to the copper coronet. When you return there he will die, though.

3. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!! So you're telling me there's not a single pure thief with which you can finish the game???

That's...well, it's just not fair.

4. Brega Gems: 6/31

No pure thiefs, but the best thief after Yoshi is Jan! He really whups ass when you get him to higher levels!

5. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

[​IMG] Maybe, but the sawed-off sunuvabitch can't lay traps for sour apples.

Have I said that somewhere before?

6. Brega Gems: 6/31

OK,maybe Jan sux with traps. But my third choice would be Imoen, she is a formidable trap builder.

7. DemoGorgon Guest

Why is there no monks or sorcerers nps either? there is enough fighters.

8. Brega Gems: 6/31

It woulda been kinda cool if you cold have an elven Sorcerer, like a Xan comeback or something

9. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

It's ridicolous that there are only second edition NPCs in the game but you can play with third edition characters. The makers didn't implant these things to the game very well.

10. Marmeille Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

(I have not tried this but I read somewhere that it should work.)

If you want to keep Yoshimo, you have to kick him out of your party prior to getting to Brynnlaw then tell him to wait for you "here" (not at the Copper Coronet, and it supposedly works best if you do it inside a building). When you get back from the Underdark you simply go back where you left him, PAUSE the game and command your character to talk to him, take him back in your party, if all goes well he will join and then die (because of the geas), you just need to ressurect him and voila!

Like I said I haven't tried it and frankly don't think I ever will. I'm a big Jan fan and don't like traitor at all.

11. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Thanks ever so much for that...

12. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    er.. actually yoshimo dies the instant u see him, so u cant get him to rejoin, so u cant revive him, he dies

13. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Shoshino, what Marmeille was saying is that when you leave Yoshimo in a building (preferably right next to the door you'll come in), you can hit 'pause' the second you enter.

this will pause the game before he dies, so while in 'pause' mode, click on him to converse, its sort of like the "fake talk" attack exploit, he'll wait for you to talk to him before he dies, so you can let him back in the party.

A question to anyone who has done this... Does Yoshimo have dialog later in the game if you manage to keep him alive? Like when the characters state their reasons for continuing through to the final fight? Or when they all threaten John Irenicus? Does he chime in? (strange if the programmers thought that one out)

14. Dudette Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

he can't talk because well he's suposed to be dead, and if he dies while he is in your party doesn't his portrait disappear?

15. Gonzago Gems: 14/31

Characters don't permanently die if you set your difficulty level low. That much I do know.

16. Alex Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

[​IMG] Bah who needs Yoshimo when you can open up Shadowkeeper and turn Imoen back into one. :D :D :D

17. Brega Gems: 6/31

[​IMG] OR when you can use Jan!!!!!!!

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Indeed! I actually used :-X and replaced Imoen's name with.... what was it... Alex! Yes, Alex.

19. Cestan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] In the pocketplane, you can simply ask for him, I did and I got him allright, completely alive

20. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Cestan, no ToB spoilers in SoA forum, please.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.