1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best and Worst mods...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Mystra's Chosen, Dec 11, 2003.

1. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

This would be a poll but that would take a really long time and I don't know enough of the mods' names.

Just put you fav and/or least favorite mods down. Can be for SoA or SoA+ToB.

Best: Sola, Item Upgrade, Dungeon-Be-Gone
    Worst: TDD, TDD, TDD.

I havn't tried very many mods because I have Dial-Up and downloading stuff is a *****j.

2. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Dungeon-Be-Gone and the Banter pack are my favorites.

Least favorite, I will agree with you. TDD is absolutely horrid.

3. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    WeiDu's ease of use is good and so is the banter and Dungeons-be-gone, havnt tryed TDD cos its to big for me to be bothered downloading it, but from ur replies i think ill skip ever downloading it

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I love kelsey (not literally) I think alot of work has gone into his character and he adds to the BG experience rather than changing it to suit him.

Worst is probably the imoen romance or Chole (lesbians are good, but not overpowerd, chosen by two gods, insane DEX Kensai lesbians) mod.

I was hoping for someone to make an NPC that was a bhallspawn. I see no reason why there can't be many bhallspawns for you to encounter because in sharadush there sure are a few...

5. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I'm currently in the middle of a 3-person MP game using Tactics mod on Insane. Wow! If you're looking for a challenge, this is the mod you want.

Also like Ease of Use, Banter Pack, Alternate NPC classes (select different classes for existing NPC'S).

Edit: Forgot about Item Upgrade – another good one.

[ December 11, 2003, 23:27: Message edited by: Splunge ]

6. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Best Mods

• Flirt Packs
    • Kelsey
    • Banter Packs
    • Dungeon Be Gone
    • No Bottoms (basically, Gem Bags, Scroll cases etc, have no bottoms. A subtle, but welcome addition)
    • Weimers Item Upgrade

Worst Mods
    • TDD - far too bug filled
    • Solaufien (sp?) - Ditto
    Not really tried that many more mods, so can't say any further.

I Have listed just about all the mods I have tried though.

7. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Question about the dungeon be gone mod: Does it remove ALL storyparts? (it says something like that on their site.)

8. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Tactics, Sola, Imoen Romance (the banters are actually interesting).

Worst: TDD!

9. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Best: Flirt Pack, Ease-of-Use, Tactics

Worst: Immoen romance (yuck!), and simultaneous romance (buggy, plus the storylines aren't rewritten to account for multiple relationships). Frankly, with all its bugs, I still do TDD once in a while, and I prefer it to these other two.

10. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    @Faragon

Basically, as you ger freed from your cage, a 'guide' called Jasper St Baird gates in. If you talk to him, he will gate you and your NPC's to the tunnel which leads to the surface.

He then gives you pretty much all this equipment you would have collected had you have run through the dungeon yourself.

It's a very funny mod, and cuts out one of the most annoying parts of BG2.

Highly Recommended.

11. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31

i don't know why people get all weird about the Imoen romance, it actually says in the game that they are not related in anyway.

Heres a dialogue between Viconia and Imoen.

Viconia: I am curious over something, Imoen. Your sibling save you from imprisonment and restored your soul. Yet for all this you have never showed proper gratitude. Why is that?

Imoen: Proper gratitude? I’d hate to think what your idea of proper gratitude would be, Viconia.

Viconia: You owe (CHARNAME) your entire being. You should, at the very least, act as (HIS or HER) personal slave. Cater to (HIS or HER) every whim.

Imoen: (CHARNAME) is my (BROTHER or SISTER), you know! I owe (HIM or HER) my life, but let’s not take it that far!

Viconia: Your common parent is a god. That hardly counts towards any sort of common genetic bond, and even less of a reason to shirk what you owe (CHARNAME).

There is absolutely nothing incest about the PC and Imoen romancing. Its a very good mod, and well worth downloading if you have finished with the other romances in the game. Also other good mods are banterpack and npc flirt.

12. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

It's not a matter of biology! It's a matter of principle! She's still your sister! Not to mention some of the choices in the mod are... distateful at best and the whole 'rape' issue that was 'thrust' into it degrades the Baldur's Gate series.

13. Mystra's Chosen Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

What did people think of Shadows Over Soubar, Epic Endevours, Unfinished Business, that mod with Yoshimo and some of the other bigger mods?

14. Strifestrike Gems: 7/31

You dont have to rape her. And you never consider her a sister in the game (unless you want to.). She was a child hood friend, ive hooked up with many child hood friends before after meeting them after high school. Anyway this mod is interesting, and is far more like a real world "romance" than any other I played. Its nothing like the piece of crap Aerie romance, in which someone who has never gotten layed obviously wrote the romance, or perhaps they just wanted to turn her into a spineless, wimpy, uninteresting banter. Anyway, having it with Aerie is rape in the game too, since shes pretty much a teenager, or an elf just entering puberty or whatever, after all shes barely over a 100.

SOS isnt a bad mod per se, but is very easy. Those other big mods I havent played.

15. Kyrie Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Seems that the Imoen thing is pretty controversial. I've been trying to decide lately whether to download it or not...

Okay, so if I, personally, don't think there is anything 'wrong' with the whole 'sister' thing... is it worth downloading?

EDIT: And what is this TDD that sucks so much?

16. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

The TDD sucks because it is so buggy and pretty much fills up the game with over-powered completely uninteresting and just plain dumb weapons. It adds absolutely no interesting quest, banter, or story that fits within the BG2 storyline. Did I mention the bugs?

17. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

-Unfinished business is nice, but still got some bugs. Can't say if it's that bad. You'll have try it.
    -Valen mod is way too overpowered, but nice idea. Not worth trying.
    -Virtue mod has a really good idea, but is still a little buggy. Causes a few commoners turn hostile even when you don't do anything. If you're playing evil, you could try it, but if you're playing paladin, you are a fallen paladin right after you get out of Irenicus' dungeon.

-Weimer item upgrade is really nice. Definitely worth downloading. Has some really useful items, but not too overpowered.

-I have these banter/flirt packs and stuff, but I really haven't seen them do that much. Can't say nothing about them.

18. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Good mods:
    Dungeon-be-Gone
    Item Upgrade
    Hell Trials

BAD mods:
    TDD
    TDD
    TDD
    TDD
    TDD
    TDD
    TDD
    TDD

19. Chris Williams Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I installed Cal-culator and it was very shabby indeed. What I was expecting was something like this:

"<CHARNAMEE> you have killed:
    - 18 goblins
    - 1 otyugh
    - 3 lightning mephits
    - 2 radiant mephits
    ..."

Instead what you get is this:

"How many elves have I killed?"
    "You have killed elves"

Note, that isn't a typo - the mod maker forgot to check for 0 (or a zero-length string, or whatever).

Epic Endeavours? That's the squad-based combat game, isn't it? I didn't think too much of that either. Reusing existing areas in mods simply doesn't work.

20. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

@Morsmordre: Yeah, I gathered as much. But what I'm worried about is the following: The site implies something like cutting out all storyline cutscenes. Does it do that? (Aside from cutting out chateau Irenicus) I actually like the cutscenes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.