1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Voice actors

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Dragon's Jewel, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I think Sendai's voice acting sucks big time...too theatre like for my tastes. Draconis, and Abazigal are not great too. At least when compared to Jon Irenicus. Melissan is not bad, I would say. 'You shall suffer!' Now that is scary! :mommy:

2. Mordokai Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I'll agree with you on Sendai and Abazigal, but personaly, I quite enyoded Draconis little speech :) Imo, he did a good job with those few lines he had. Much better than his father and Sendai. And I quite liked Yaga-Shura voice acting, it really sounded like clumsy giant :D

And it just a little unfair to compare those poor guys to Irenicus. First, he had more lines(much more), and second, he's the one only, Shattered one :)

3. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

I enjoyed Yaga-Shura and Draconis too and agree that Abazigal and Sendai sucked.

But it was a nice surprise with Spectator showing up in Sendais lair. He is pretty cool.

Then again the person who voiced Lilacor usually cracks me up too :D

4. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Melissan is kind of annoying, but Amelissan (after she reveals herself)(I must be tired, because I just read that over and can't stop giggling) is truly creepy. As was already mentioned, her "You shall suffah!" is quite scary.

5. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Spectator is cool, aye, but in my current game I had to kill him as my PC did not have enough WIS. :p I wonder what he would have to say in Sendai's enclave or if he would even be there. (do not spoil the fun for me!)

Yaga Shura and Gromnir are good. They really sound like dumb brutes. :)

Illisera is nice enough too, the way she talks, it is ovious that she is a very confident and harsh and cruel woman.

Sarevok's lines are masterfully voiced, don't you agree? (better than some SoA NPCs!) I can not help but grin from ear to ear when I hear his maniacal laughter! He still laughs like that even when he is redeemed into CG. Oh well, some things never change. :shake:

Oh Dragon's Jewel, I do not like human Melissan's voice very much, it is obvious she is a lier and planning something in her voice. Just listen to her first reaction when PC party emerges in Saradush for the first time.

'Another Bhaalspawn? Not possible...unless..' that unless is far too suspiciously voiced. Check it!

Then the dialogue when she first shows her true face when summoned by Solar in Pocket Plane:that one is creepy too.

But nothing beats 'You shal SUFFAH!' or 'Doom awaits thee!' I do not know, maybe it is due to me having big bad and scary Ascension fight, but she really creeps me out! Congratulations! :p

6. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

@Silverstar:

Sarevok rocks in any BG game! :)

By the way, you donĀ“t have to talk to Spectator in Sahuagin City with your PC. You can use one of your NPC's if their wisdom is high enough....

7. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Speaking of Sarevok in ToB: One line always amuses me to no end, especially keeping in mind that I always play as a woman. It's when he suddenly announces (In what sounds like a low, quasi-seductive voice, mind you) "What if we returned to Baldur's Gate, together? What would people say, do you think?" I always reply to the screen, "I'm pretty sure they'd be a little creeped out by that, considering that you're my brother. Thanks, though."
    His voice acting for ToB is amazing, though, and my very favourite line is right at the beginning, when he says in this eeeeeeevilly pleased voice "The Sword Coast will run red with blood, yeesssss" and then continues talking in a completely normal voice. I love it!

8. Proteus_za

Proteus_za

Sarevok and Irenicus are two of my favourite video game villains, especially irenicus.

Irenicus just seems nigh unstoppable and sure of it, and seems to always be one step ahead until the end.

9. Drathir Darthirii Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Sendai's voice acting is crap. She sounds kinda strained almost, when speaking. And hollow. Still, she is a drow so she's bound to be a crap actress because drow do not like acting. :p

10. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

:lol: Drathir has it right :D

Btw, Sarevok ALWAYS had the best voice ... always!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.