1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

You are [charname]

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Morthond, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You are right again, your CON is enough, but WIS is not. Paladins need 11 STR, 9 CON, 13 WIS, 17 CHA, right?

Looking at my own stats, I still am not sure what I could be. A crappy mage is all I can hope it seems. Oh well.

2. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

From the test I got:

STR 9
    DEX 10
    CON 10
    INT 15
    WIS 16
    CHA 11

Which are reasonable stats for Planescape: Torment.

I guess mage or cleric (atheist priest... :lol: ) would be the most suitable. Under 3E rules, Rogue would be an option too, as they depend as much on INT as DEX, really.

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

12 STR, actually.

And while you couldn't be any of the specialty classes, you could be three of the four core classes. With requirements of only 9 in a single score, you could be a mage, cleric, or thief. And while you couldn't be a fighter, you could be a lover! :roll:
    Technically, a true "cleric" doesn't need a deity, and is generally more a follower of a cause than a god. It's when you get into "priest of X" that you're dedicated to a god. (Though some clerics just don't make the cut for the 'kit' and remain plain clerics following a certain deity, or just don't want to be a "priest of X" for power reasons.)

And I find it highly amusing that you're sitting on the fence even with your attributes (9, 10, 11...). :shake:

And remember, kids, all it takes is a 9 in either STR, DEX, INT, or WIS to make you eligible for fighter, thief, mage, or cleric. *cue "The More You Know" music*

[ August 31, 2006, 11:22: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Well, the test gave me:

Str - 13
    Dex - 13
    Con - 12
    Int - 17
    Wis - 14
    Cha - 10

Which I guess seems reasonable, though the Intelligence section needs to be revised, and the Strength calculation was more of an estimate in my case.

5. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

crap i cant be a paladin, not enough wisdom, stink

6. Redrake Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Veteran

I don't know if this was the same quiz I took some time ago, but here's what I got:
    Your stats are:
    STR:9
    INT:17
    WIS:15
    DEX:12
    CON:8
    CHR:13

I'll make a good Abjurer.

7. Stardust Gems: 7/31

A LE person would not help his family for example if there wasn't spme benefit for himself he wouldn't help him/her out.
    While a neutral person helps or harms out of what he/her personally thinks of that person. But a evil person would harm her/him because he is evil.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

But you use laws that benefit and detract from yourself, given your example. Bah, why am I even discussing this? Opinions vary, though you don't come across as TN, Stardust.

9. Stardust Gems: 7/31

Your right this discussion is leading nowhere :)

10. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Wow, my guesses were pretty close to the test...except for the strength...although I had a feeling it would probably be that low...hehehe...I didn't know I had such a good constitution...? :confused:

STR 3
    INT 13
    WIS 12
    DEX 10
    CON 10
    CHR 16

11. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Test results

Str 7
    Int 15
    Wis 14
    Dex 17
    Con 11
    Chr 11

Probably pretty close except for dexterity. I would put that at a 15 but I guess I can keep on being a rogue.

12. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Interesting quiz. Some of the questions were a bit odd, and, as already mentioned, the intelligence part was crap (I also am pretty dubious about the strength part, but whatever).

STR 15
    INT 17
    WIS 16
    DEX 12
    CON 10
    CHA 14

I think the first three categories are overstated for me. I think DEX is pretty spot on. CON may be a point or two low, but whatever. CHA may be overstated, as it seems to cater more towards my profession (lawyer), but maybe not.

13. Late Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Media:
    I would have thought, like

STR 12 (strong for my age)
    INT 16 (quick thinking)
    WIS 10 (little common sense :p )
    DEX 12 (average)
    CON 14 (pretty endurant)
    CHA 16 (well, I like myself)

While the test gave me:

STR 7
    INT 13
    WIS 14
    DEX 10
    CON 10
    CHA 11

I hate tests. >__<

But I'm definately neutral good. :D

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Well duh, I got:

STR 11
    INT 13
    WIS 13
    DEX 10
    CON 12
    CHR 14

What would that make me? A Paladin of the Order of the Farmyard? Wielding the terrifying Hoe of Destruction?

This is so horribly wrong. "We're supposed to be better than this!"

There's something wrong with that test... :almostmad:

15. Stardust Gems: 7/31

When I did the quiz i got:

Str - 7
    Dex - 10
    Con - 15
    Int - 17
    Wis - 13
    Cha - 17

I'm not really good suited for anything but I'll guess a mage would be the best bet.

[ September 01, 2006, 13:19: Message edited by: Stardust ]

16. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

:lol: Well, STR was a complete guess. I have never attempted to bench press (or military press) anything. But just below average seems about right. As for the rest... I might've been a bit hard on myself CHA-wise (12-13 seems a closer estimate, but no more than that) but I was pleasantly surprised by WIS. I think that's largely because I'm less absent-minded than I was when a student, because I actually get sleep now. Even though it was a crude determinant, INT seems spot on. High enough to be useful, without being truly exceptional.

I know... that's why I made the joke! Atheist clerics in D&D CRPGs always crack me up. If I'm choosing a deity though, I'd plump for Shaundakul after reading about him on NWNWiki. Clearly, this guy is just far too cool for school. :cool:

17. VeryLich Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I also tried the alignment/class/race test, and got
    Lawful Good Elven Mage/Cleric (Follower of Mystra)

And my stats... :D

STR 8
    INT 15
    WIS 16
    DEX 9
    CON 12
    CHR 13

18. Abdel - Bhaal Spawn Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Here are might stats. I am best suited as a Cleric or any combination thereof.

Str: 13
    Int: 13
    Wis: 15
    Dex: 13
    Con: 10
    Cha: 13

19. Stardust Gems: 7/31

I tried the character test and I got lawful evil gnomish mage/thief.

20. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Um, just noticed the link to the character test. It says I'm a CG Elven Ranger or Bard, but combined with the alignment test (which I've already taken before) saying I'm CN and the stats not being good enough for ranger, I guess I'm a bard. It also pumps out a deity, which is kind of weird, considering that deities are setting-specific.
    A bard with ranger aspirations does sound like me...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.