1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Could not get Easy TuTu to work!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] Just out of curiosity, I got the newest version of Easy TuTu (for ToB) and tried to work it. I had no intention to start playing it, as I already had a save game in BG city of vanilla BG1.

It started installation, extracted files, copied BG1&2 files, and then a black screen popped up, saying 'applying the patch' and so I waited. I waited...for more than 45 minutes...and it was still applying the patch!

Now, my PC (personal computer) is not the fastest in the world, BUT isn't it wrong to take it so long to apply a patch?

BTW, what is this 'patch' about? I had newest patches for the BOTH games.

I noticed, there was three dots (...) under the 'applying the patch' screen. The dots multiplied as the time passed, I guess each three dot demosntrated %10 installation, so I finally had 7, and I was so bored and frustrated, it did not move for the last 15 minutes, and I closed the screen.

It then went on extracting some more files, and installation was finished.

I started the game, it seemed to be working, till I got to choose spells for my starting character. It gave an error, said there was an assertion, and a blue screen came up, demanding me to put BG1 CD in my CDrom! :confused: Even doing so did not work, so I ended up uninstalling the Easy TuTu.

Now I do not need TuTu urgently, but I may need it in the future to enjoy all spiffy mods for BG1. (you know I am a total mod freak!) So what should I do? Should I wait for more than one hour at the applying patch screen? How long it normally takes, anyway? OR, is it a bug or conflict thanks to my zilion mods for BG2? I can make a list for mods in my BG2, but it will be long and ugly. My BG1 had no mods, only the patch.

I liked Easy TuTu as it offered a seperate, independent installation. Normal TuTu can cause too many bugs and problems thanks to my BG2 mod list, I fear.

Thank you all in advance!

2. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hello -

Based on your reply, it sounds like your BG1 installation is sans TotSC. Is that right?

You pretty much doomed your installation right there. That program runs for a reason. As for the execution speed, that isn't something I can control. It is entirely dependent on the CPU and disk I/O capabilities of your machine. On my own machine, the entire patch takes between thirty seconds and one minute.

Each of those sets of dots represents one file being patched. I'm pretty sure there are only seven in all, so you were near the end. If you ever get a hold of a copy of TotSC, you'll be spared that entire patching process, as it is something I introduced explicitly in order to accomodate no-TotSC users.

In the future you'd be better served by posting about any problems in the actual Tutu forum.

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

You are so very right, I did not have the TotSC.

It already has 7 files, aww I think...I have done a grave mistake on my part, sorry!

Thank you for your invaluable help, at least I know it is not my mods.

I may try to install it again...patience is a virtue....patience is a virtue.... :p

OK dokey, if I have another problem, I will trouble you in pocket plane's forums, rest assured. :shake:

Thank you for your kindness! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.