1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

wands

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Shadow Steele, May 14, 2006.

1. Shadow Steele

Shadow Steele Still hiding in the shadows all night

[​IMG] I must start by saying I am sorry for bothering anyone, I know this has probably been discussed before but I could not find it.

I don't usually use wands in my games, but I just started a solo thief , duelled to a mage. During the low level portion of my wizard career, I was going to use the wands from the first dungeon. Unfortunately they disappeared after the first use. I rested thinking that they would come back but they did not.

Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance for any information.

2. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The wands in Jon's dungeon only have one charge each. If you used them they dissapear. You can recharge them by selling them and buying them back. If you look in your quick slot where you have your wands, it will have a number that tells you how many charges they have. If there is no number it only has one charge. Hope this helps.

3. Thunder Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

And your not bothering anyone, your saking a question about the game, which is why this forum is for :D I would wait with the dualclass untill you are out of the dungeon, because it will be very difficult to play it with a low level mage and no trap detecting ability!

4. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

and don't forget that you can STEAL them back, and sell them again if you want, for loads of cash

5. Shadow Steele

I attempted the stealing thing because I had heard about it as I read through so many posts. It is hard to find someone to buy the stuff. I get a lot of "I dont buy fenced goods". So I gave up on that method. :)

Thanks for the wand lesson, I didnt realise that they disapeared after the last charge. I'll have to be more carefull.

6. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Jayes the fence will buy your stolen goods ;)
    He is in the Promenade (NE part of the map) only during night-time.
    Usually the merchants who work only during the night accept fenced goods.You can find some of them in the Slums,Docks,Bridge.

7. Darkstrike Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

you can find one who buys fenced goods in the shadow thief building in the docks

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Roger in the sewers will buy fenced goods. I guess that's why he's called The Fence. ;)

9. Gregor Gems: 7/31

Hmm. Are the wands classified as stolen goods? I've never had problem selling them to either Ribald or Bernard. Or are you talking about different merchandise, Shadow Steele?

10. Darkstrike Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Once they are sold then stolen back is what he is talking about

11. Gregor Gems: 7/31

Ah, I see. Didn't know he was trying to sell/steal more than once. That's what you get for being greedy. :p

12. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Wands are very useful, cold/fire does a lot of damage. Summoning is excellent for instant cannon fodders. Cloudkill is cheesy. Paralysation is very potent. Lightning one hits so many targets.

Wands can be used on improved invisible foes, another bonus! :thumb:

13. Shadow Steele

Acctually I tried to steal a bunch of different things. The wands were not one of them. I remember that I had a set of full plate that I couldnt find a buyer for and ended up dumping. I never did have much patience. :) It was just an experiment since I have never really tried the steal and sell method before but I do appreciate all of the responces. Thanks

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.