1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

TuTu and fallen paladin-how to fix?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Silverstar, May 16, 2007.

1. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

[​IMG] OK I was enjoying my BG1 Easy TuTu run this weekend. I also have many mods, namely SCS, NPC project, and Grey Clan. The game is a blast, with as rich and colorful NPCs as those in BG2, the extra-difficult strategic battles (I love them!) and all the enchantments offered by the marvelous mod named Easy-TuTu.

Anyway, I have a Wild Mage protagonist (because they are so much fun) and a Multi-player game created Inquisitor paladin, personal guard and childhood friend (because to deal with auto-buffing mages of SCS) My party consists of Wild mage (lvl8), Inquisitor(lvl7), Immy (thief4/mage7)
    Jaheira and Khalid (not sure about their levels) and Viccy. (lvl 7)

The game was smooth and great fun till I reached the grand city of BG. There, as I love playing with Nahal's Reckless Dweomer, I ended up in an explosive wild surge and murdered a few innocent stand-bys. Now I was trying to reload as few as possible, so I did not care much about the BIG reputation hit, thinking I could always donate to a temple to fix it, plus, my rep was already sooo high that Viccy has started to get rather bitchy, so I thought it would help. But...

Then a few minutes and saves later I realised my paladin has lost his class and abilities, he was fallen from grace just because of one unlucky wild surge on behalf of his naive friend! :bang:

Maybe it was not the best idea to couple a reckless wild mage and a law-abiding paladin, and an Inquisitor bend on hunting evil and uncontrollable mages, no less? :lol: The idea sounded and still sounds cool though! :shake:

Anyway, this bugs me really as Inquisitor's special abilities are very powerful and important for my survival. Plus it does not make sense a paladin should lose his class because of an unlucky wild surge, it was not deliberate, it was not planned, it was totally bad luck and unexpected, my wild mage is really naive and innocent through and through. :angel:

So what should I do to 'fix' my paladin? I could not get SK to work for my TuTu game. Which game editor can I use for my Easy TuTu? Also, is there an in-game command to fix a fallen paladin's status in a TuTu game?

If all fails I can fall back to a previous save, but it should be the last option. (I hate reloading :wail: )

Thank you all for your help...

[ May 16, 2007, 11:51: Message edited by: Silverstar ]

2. thetruth Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

I am quite sure that you can use SK for a Tutu game. Just make sure to choose the correct installation directory from the settings though (the Tutu one).

But I don't know if you can change the status of your paladin with SK. Maybe you can only enable again his abilities (T.Sight, D.Magic etc.).

3. cmorgan Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

I would go back to a save before the "fallen" status... because there are so many, many things that could go wrong with enemy/ally conditions change and the city is absolutely *not* the place to have random quest-giving NPCs suddenly decide you are an attack-on-sight person...

and as thetruth said, SK really will work. You have to go to the setup portion, and choose the game in the "BaldursGateTutu" directory. You would have to poke around the forums to find out how to get the game to "unfall" you, though - I know there is an opcode for it, but I don't know if there are other variables (outside of your character) that are set. It might have some far-reaching consequenses.

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    If SK is ignoring your Tutu directory, copy and paste your Tutu save into whichever directory SK is normally using on your computer. It should open as normal and you can then transfer it back. This has the advantage of not modifying SK if you wish to avoid doing this.

5. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    This trick works but if you do that try not to tamper with your character's inventory (not the same items in Tutu and SoA).

6. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Thank you, I did not know about modfying SK, it just kept giving error messages. I will try it as soon as possible, if it still does not work properly, I will try to copy my save game like Decados said. If all fails I can fall to a previous save, though I really did not think I killed a quest or game important NPC.

7. Macready Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

8. Silverstar Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Thank you very much, for some reason I never noticed that page before! :doh:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.