1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

XP cap remover

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Stardust, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I have never played BG with a xp cap remover but lately I have thought about trying it out. So I'd like to know if it makes the game to easy or if it rather adds something to it.

If I got it right the tripple classes would be way overpowered if the character can reach level 40 in all three classes. Or am I wrong?

2. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

If you can amass that high XP, sure you will be much more powerful than a single class character, but it is rather impossible, even with the XP cap removed, unless you solo with tons of mods.

3. Stardust Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Is there any reason to use a cap remover at all or will it just spoil the game for you?

4. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

If you have other harder mods installed, or if you think you can easily reach the cap (or have already reached in your previous game, which is a bummer indeed), or if you plan to create a very radical high level dual-class build, (dual after lvl 40!) or you simply love soloing, you need the cap remover. Otherwise, you do not need it at all, as you can not reach the cap anyway.

I have 40-50 mods, and XP cap remover to 50, though to be honest I always had a party and still could not reach the cap at the end (so close too!) but it is good to have lvl 50 rules installed anyway.

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well first, you aren't even limited to level 40. Most XP cap removers allow up to level 50. I'm sure some even allow beyond that.

However, as has been pointed out, there's no reason to use an XP Cap Remover unless you are planning on soloing. In playing a game from Chateau Irenicus through the end of ToB, you will amass somewhere in the neighborhood of 36 million XPs with a 6 member party. However, a good chunk of this experience (about 6 million worth, or one million per character) is from quest experience points, where you get the same amount for each character in the party regardless of how many people are in the party. Therefore if you solo through the whole game, a more realistic maximum is 30 million XP. Still, that's 10 million in each class for a triple class character.

Generally speaking, the only reason to do this is to see how powerful you can make a character. Regardless of whether you play a F/M/T or a F/M/C (which I have personally never tried), it will be a pwnage-fest for you. By the end of ToB your character will literally have close to 100 HLAs.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.