1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Easiest battles that were meant to be tough./ Hardest Battles

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Parvini, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Prince IseHeart Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

well i never found any battle (with the exception of the twisted rune) particularly hard. you see the universal easy maker is cheese and there is a lot of none cluaconsole none debug key cheese in the game like traps and dual ring of ram with multuple simulacrum with helm of vailor thats like ten of you with 2 rings apeice. leaving when mage is casting spell interupting people using invisos to block doors. all battles are easy. lol

2. Lord Ogre Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] I had more trouble with Abazigal than with Draconis. Draconis never killed one of my partymembers.

I killed Abazigal in one try too, but he managed to kill both my mages (Though they already had terminated all his protections, so my fighters finished the work and then Viconia cast Mass raise dead...)

3. Sick curtaiN Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The Five were pushovers to me! :grin: None of them were able to kill my characters. The Improved toughness etc. made it a little challenging but still easy enough.

The hardest I think would also be the Improved Demogorgon. :thumb:

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Improved Gromnir was another nice fight. His friends kept turning my party into statues. That one took me a little while.

It's not a ToB fight, but does anyone have Weimer's Tactical encounters mod and tried the D'Arnise keep as the first quest? That Improved Tor'Gal is nasty. I fought him for four hours straight last night and still have not been able to beat him.

[ August 24, 2002, 17:18: Message edited by: Rastor ]

5. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

the fight against Irenicus on the tree of life... 5x set traps then *boom* *crach* *splatch* *fjong* *zing* *ugh* and he is dead... if he survives backstab him... grade of hardship -85/10

6. Greystar Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Has anyone played improved Irenicus mod? (newest Solaufein romance mod) Hes quite tough.

7. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

:yot:
    I think a limitation should be made to stop people using such cheese tactics like traps. Like mod or something that would make tough fight monsters partly (like 75%) resistant to all kind of traps.
    Therealready was that kind of limitation made(original game no mods) on backstabbing (i dont remember which monster :( ) so i dont see a reason why it shouldnt be on traps.
    Better resistance than immunity IMO cousethere realy wouldnt be any use for thief then.

8. Shinji Ikari Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

i honestly found that a greater werewolf was far harder then firkragg - i just used domination on his wizard friend and let him do the work (made sure i got the last kill tho)

or somthink like that

9. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I too had big trouble with greater werewolf but backstabbing + boots of haste + run around the corner hide again + repeat as necesary = dead 4 greater werewolf without a hit taken. :( :(
    This backstabbin is realy boring, i'm kicking assasin out as soon as i get out of the dungeon :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.