1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Easiest battles that were meant to be tough./ Hardest Battles

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Parvini, Aug 13, 2002.

1. Parvini Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

For me I thought that first Bhaalspawn that Mellisan sends after you in the Drove of the ancients is a real push over.

I also found Bhalthazar a bit of an anti-climax as well as Abizigal.

(ToB was quite easy for me for some reason... I think my love of the spell Dragon's breath had something to do with it.)

The all time not as hard as it should have been battle though is againts the Shaugin King/ Prince: How weak are those guys??

Hardest battles? For me against Sarevok in BG. Firkraag in Chapter 2 and the Dragon in Watcher's Keep (just CAN'T kill it).

2. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

For balthazar you can download the tougher balthazar patch from this site.

Why do you find the dragon in watchers keep so hard? I cast wish set all my party members stats to 25. I started bashing at him, and he was dead before I could say watchers keep.

3. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Still can't quite figure out why everyone felt it necessary to kill Saladrex (or for that matter Demogorgon), unless it was just for sake of killing something. Oh well.

For me, the toughest battle was against the cows in Amkethran (sp?). Worse than Drow archers, what with 4 attacks/round and all. Their landmines were a messy lot too.

And I'm wondering where I have seen this thread before -- and recently, I think.

4. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

There is a thread on the hardest battles in the game Spelladonna, if that's what your thinking of.

Personally, I found every battle in the game to be ludicrously easy. I honestly never use spells anymore, and it is very rare that I ever have to reload.

I didn't use any magic in my battle against that dragon and still destroyed him. My fighters were more than capable of handling him.

5. Gladiator Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Irenicus was a big disappointment for me. I looked forward to a tough final SoA-battle, but I didnt have any troubles with him at all.

Toughest must be the Improved Demogorgon.

6. Baronius

Baronius Mental harmony dispels the darkness ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

I think that the difficulty of a battle depends on the characters of the party.
    I am a Sorcerer, and I havent got any problems with battles, but I think the battle against Abazigal is quite serious.

Easiest battle: maybe Demogorgon (I defeated him alone as a Sorcerer (Time Stop (at least it stops the marileths, + Improved Alacrity + 5x Abi-Dalzim).

7. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

the easiest fight is the one against Behlifet in IWD... i killed it right away after spraying the golems full with confiuson arrows +3... easy fight... bad ending too... in the bg games it where the last "living" fight against irenicus with my wizard-slayer... he was dead so fast... your knees are mine...

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Am I the only person who found all the boss-battles hard? Then again, I don't cast many spells on my party or anything, I don't power game either - Roleplaying all the way :D

9. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

i role play to... i never pick-pocket drizzt or ribald for his ring of regenration... i kill him... H0H0H0

10. Rastor Gems: 30/31

I roleplay as well. The reason I find the battles easy is because I've been through the game so many times that I've learned enough about tactics to use. That's why I've taking to playing quite a few of the improved mods now.

11. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Easiest battles for me were with Irenicus, in SoA, I just sent my cavalier with a bunch of very powerful items, with the aid of a deva, and killed him...both before and after going to hell.
    Kangaxx was also pretty easy, after I found the trick (make Aerie cast Spell Immunity - Abjuration, and send her up close, so he constantly casts Imprisonment on her...then I hack him to pieces with my pally and a deva).
    Oh yeah, and Bodhi was ridiculously easy, along with the rest of the vampires in her lair...thanks to a single Protection from Undead scroll. hehehe...

12. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Too easy by far: Chapter 6, Bodhi's lair.

Everyone is falling over themselves to help you, because it's supposed to be NASTY and with one stroke Anomen just walks in and turns the lot. I think the only thing in there he couldn't turn was Bodhi herself. (This was before I installed ToB, so I don't know if they get upgraded at that point?)

Something to be said for Clerics after all.

As for hardest with ToB installed, probably the penultimate bit of the final battle - lots of Demeons + a fallen Solar I think. (Long time now I'm afraid). I only had one fighter in my party of 3, and Imoen was about as much use as a chocolate tea-pot.

13. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

That's my opinion of Imoen too. Could be why I rarely have her in any of my parties.

14. Lord Ogre Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, a lot of battles are overrated...
    I for one, find the Demogorgon very easy to defeat, because in the pen&paper, there's no way you could do that. I killed him in my first try (Although I did loose 3 partymembers, but that's what we have the rod of resurrection for! :D )

Also, everyone says Draconis was tough... I killed jim in one try yesterday, without loosing anyone... (Edwin is some dragon-killer man!!!)

Sendai was a piece of cake too...

The only time I had to reload in Tob was against one of the parties at the seals of the demogorgon, but second time, I killed them very easily...

(Ofcourse, I haven't battled Melissan, Abazigal and Balthazar yet and who knows else... but if I can kill a demogorgon, no one can stop me (Not even demi-gods!)

Lord Ogre

15. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Lord Ogre, you'll find Balthazar to be a pushover, but Amy is tougher than Demogorgon. I found Abazigal to be weaker than his son.

16. Spelladonna Gems: 14/31

The only reason I thought Amy (as Rastor calls her) was tough is because you could not rest in between battles. That put my spell casters, in particular, at a serious disadvantage until Wish came along. Put them back into action pretty quickly. Go ahead -- raise those defenses! :grin:

17. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Astral prison plane battle with the warden without mages on your side.
    i soloed it with my druid and only cast two spells(summon fire elemental and insect swarm) and then just sat back and enyoy the show when i saw how futile enemy spellcasters attempts were casting :D :D

18. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

Toughest battle by far for me is the upgraded Ilasera with a newly created character (starting from ToB rather than SoA). I've tried thieves and sorcerers and never beater her. She'd be a pushover with the reflection shield, though. (That's playing on "insane" -- might be able to beat her at an easier setting.)

[ August 22, 2002, 17:53: Message edited by: Bombur ]

19. Hassassin Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

One of the easiest is the final battle with Melissan. If you have high level thief - lay a lot of traps, and she's out of order before being able to call anything to support her :)

20. Rastor Gems: 30/31

Or you could always use the killsword on her.

Seriously, though, that's exactly why I don't like traps. Tactics like that make the game far easier than I like it to be.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.