1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Kerrick the Smith

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Benan, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What ingridients do you need for him to make some powerful weapons or armour?

2. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Uh... who is Kerrick the Smith?

3. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Don't you mean Cromwell?

4. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Isn't he the underpanty dude?

5. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Kerrick is the Gnome in Amkethran, he's in the building with the socerer that had his book stolen in Saradush.

6. Ban'Darlae Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

He's the guy who makes the 3 pantaloons into something usefull, right? And as far as I know that's the only thing he can do.

7. Davaeorn Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Oh, THAT Kerrick! Yeah, his only use is the pantaloon set.

8. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

The ingredients are hard or impossible to come by, depending on how you've played. You need three pants/underwear things. But I think that one of them you can only get if you have imported your character from BG1 and you had them in your inventory when you imported. If you have them, then Irenicus keeps them in the room with the eternally blue-circled golem. Another you can get if you don't free the woman who has been kidnapped in the bridge district -- you have to ransom her instead. Can't remember where the other is. Maybe in Abazigal's lair?

9. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

The third is indeed in Abazigal's lair. The three amateur adventures (Bondari, Nanoc the Barbarian and Tim Goldenhand) retrieve them for you after you free them from their stoney state.

10. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Of course the lazy could always cheat and add the pantaloons through the CLUA console. Not that i agree with doing that or anything :)

11. Zorith Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] And those codes for the pantaloons are?!?!?

12. Takara

Media:
    The codes are: To add, use the line CLUAConsole:CreateItem("****") *-add the code you want.
    Secret01-04 -accessories to the BMU
    secret05-big metal unit
    misc47-golden pantaloons
    misc5o-silver pantaloons (that's not a zero)
    don't know the bronze ones i'm afraid. Guess you'll have to go to abazigals lair to get them.

13. Red5llaw Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I say chaps, What do these wonder undies make?
    Is it worth the trouble. I must say that Kerrick has bugged the heck out of me- could never figure out what to do with him- thanks
    Red5llaw

14. Lord Sven Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

+5% MR
    AC -10

and you look like a Juggernaut Gholem, don't know about other characteristics

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's been awhile since I've been able to get the BMU, but does the wearer suffer any movement penalties since it makes the character so big? Iron and Adamantine golems can't fit though any doorways, and other times they can't move because the ceiling is too low (the planar sphere "core room" is one example of this). :rolling:

16. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

You get those nifty launcher thingies as well.

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I got it made once, thought it was funny and a pain. IMO you don't need it. But do it once for the fun of it. In my first play thru ToB I walked around with those stupid Pantaloon/lettes whatever wondering what they were for.

18. Takara

Media:
    The armour is a pain in the butt. You suffer the same movement difficulties as a golem. ie you cant enter buildings, or use narroiw walkways. It's a good laugh once, and bthe ridiculously low AC may seem attractive, but I found that it generally is an easter egg, not a practical item.

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...I've been thinking about this for awhile and I think a mod should be created to alter the BMU to be of more use. Perhaps it should make the wearer more like a clay golem: smaller, fast, and can fit through doorways...but still keep a relitivly low AC, not as low as the BMU but low enough to want to keep all three pairs of pantaloons throughout the game. It just seems like such a waste to go through all the trouble of packing all three of them around for in item that isn't practical. :bang: :rolling:

20. Red5llaw Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] So you wear them instead of armor?

Can anyone tell me how you ransom the woman in BG2 to get the wonder undies?

ps I guess I'm stupid enough to try this idiot idea!

[ February 15, 2005, 13:27: Message edited by: Red5llaw ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.