1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What some of us waited for...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Shaitan, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

2. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

XoXXoOOXxxOx.
    (big kiss, small hug, big kiss, big kiss, small hug, big hug, big hug, big kiss, small kiss, small kiss, big hug, small kiss.)
    In a completely heterosexual way.
    Finaly, now I dont have to feel terrible for using the load button.
    If only ub was for tutu as well.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Oh goody. Carbos and Shank as level 4 fighters. :shake:

Am I the only person who can just go straight to Gorion?

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

Seriously. I'm shocked anyone even bothered to code that. Like Clark Kent and Superman, has anyone ever seen Gorion and Candlekeep-Be-Gone in the same place? :shake:

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I have to agree. I maybe sometimes do the "grab the book out of the haystack" quest, just because it's on the way. Sometimes I feel like being a cheater-pants and export my character with all the loot from the play-party in the southern room, too. But other than that - unlike Chateau Irenicus, Candlekeep is, for all intents and purposes, completely optional and largely skippable.

6. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I'm also surprised that people were bothered enough by Candlekeep for there to be a high demand for this mod. Like others have said, if it bothers you that much, you head inside to Winthrop, buy your basic equipment and walk down to Gorion. The whole process should take no more than about 3 minutes. If you think it's a drag doing all the mini-quests, then don't. It's not like your missing out on much of anything, as all the quests combined are worth, what - maybe 300 XP?

7. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

The trick is that the mod isn't "Bypass Candlekeep", it's "45 (yes, 45) other components, oh, and Bypass Candlekeep if you want".

Incidentally, there is *something* to bypass--that godawful cutscene where Gorion takes half an hour to heal you even if you have full hitpoints. Sigh.

[ July 24, 2006, 14:34: Message edited by: SimDing0 ]

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I downloaded the mod but not for the "Bypass Candlekeep" part. As others have said Candlekeep is optional already.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Which doesn't keep people from arguing about it. :p This is just the bit that jumps out at you from the readme.

10. Felinoid

We aren't talking about the other components, we're talking about this one. Each component takes its own time and effort, and this...is just a waste.
    Turn on the sound or the subtitles; he's talking. :p ;)

11. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

See the line I quoted in my previous response.

12. Gregor Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I'm an experience point ho, so I can't NOT do the the full Candlekeep. I think this component is a gods-send! :p

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I wonder if someone will compile this mod to work without Tutu? :hmm:

14. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

You'd have to ask the author, who currently doesn't seem to browse here, but AI improvements especially are extremely hard to implement without Tutu's advantages, so my guess would be "unlikely".

15. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...which takes...all of ten seconds. Because that's soooo long. Exaggerate much?

Seriously - I can see how this part can be a little tedious after doing it hundreds of times, sure (as is our wont, it seems, as BG junkies) but come on. Are you really that impatient?

Don't get me wrong - I'll probably install it along with every other componant in the mod. I'm just asking.

[ July 25, 2006, 22:32: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

16. SimDing0 Gems: 9/31

No. I would not use this component.

17. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Why would someone make this mod!?!?

CI at least has a few important items to gather, npc to pick up and side-quest to start, plus the hour at most tedium of wrestling kobolds from their bows.

What does going immediatly to Gorion and skipping candlekeep really make you miss?? 1000xp and 1 potion of healing.

Sounds about as useful as a c**k flavoured lollipop. :D

18. Felinoid

Actually, I did the calculations for Kitrax or someone, and it's a bit more complicated than that.

XP: 295
    GP: ~100, or zero if you have to identify an item; +1000 if you're a thief of one of the short races, who puts all the points into Open Locks (any race if you're using Tutu)
    Items: Between 2 and 4 healing potions, maybe a dagger +1, two scrolls (easily gettable when buying equipment)

19. w.d. Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

The mod is priceless, just ask him for gold/exp, and then tell him you'r still going to do the quests... his response is hilarious.
    Tho after installing this mod (the whole thing) all npc's walk faster than the pc, and I cant find viconia..

20. Drew

Drew Arrogant, contemptible, and obnoxious Adored Veteran

Media:
    You probably have the slower walking speeds from tutu tweaks installed. My guess is that this mod overrides it for the NPC's, but not the PC. Uninstall that component and you won't have that problem, but it won't affect your ongoing saved game. To fix that, open your game up in SK, look in the effects tab for some type of movement rate bonus (it will be a negative number) and remove it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.