1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Unfinished Business v1.0 now available!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by icelus, Nov 16, 2003.

1. icelus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

After months of research, coding, and testing, Barren Fischa, Cliffette, and I are proud to announce the first public release of Unfinished Business, a mod for Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.

When I initially announced my plans for this mod back in July, I had no idea how large in scope the project would become. Once Barren joined the team, a veritable treasure trove of new information was uncovered about this game. We scoured the 'net for hints at unimplemented quests, burrowed through item and creature files, and even began the daunting task of picking apart the dialog.tlk file.

Hopefully, all of that work will pay off.

This first release, while not restoring *every* uncovered quest, is certainly a step toward that goal. We decided to go ahead and get this first release out the door, for several reasons. First, we realized that, with so many quests discovered that needed to be restored, it may take over a year to get to them all. This is also the first mod for either Barren or myself, so we wanted to make sure that we were moving in the right direction, coding-wise.

So, without further ado, I'll get to the good part. :)

This release will include the following components:
    1) The Kidnapping of Boo by Cliffette (Minsc's cut quest)
    2) The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship
    3) Bodhi's Cat and Mouse Game in Spellhold by Ghreyfain
    4) Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
    5) The Pai'Na/Spider's Bane Quest
    6) Restored Crooked Crane
    7) Restored City Encounters
    8) Item Restorations
    9) Miscellaneous Tweaks

We hope that you enjoy this mod as much as we have enjoyed making it.

To download the mod or learn more about, please visit these links:
    1) The Unfinished Business Homepage - http://home.houston.rr.com/icelus/ub
    2) The Unfinished Business Forum - http://forums.fwstudios.net/index.php?showforum=110

I wanna thank Cliffette for providing the initial motivation for this mod; Ghreyfain for generously lending us his component; CamDawg, rreinier, and Delvar for beta testing, Vigahrolf for his dialog writing; JCompton, Ghreyfain, SimDing0, Kish, Idobek, Bons, Kismet, Seifer, Andyr, and so many others for their technical advice; NiGHTMARE, Longinus, KL_Poulsen, and SixofSpades for their research assistance, and everyone else out there for their help and inspiration.
    Above all, I'd like to thank Barren Fischa for all his hard work on this mod, without which it would have never made it to completion, and for putting up with my frequent bouts of insanity. Thanks, man!

2. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Will it work with tob installed and weido mods and such?

3. Cryonic Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Check their site. It will :) . Looks promising, and it fulfills a longtime wish of many a BG2-fan i think. I'll definitely give this a spin on my next run through the game !

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Congratulations and Thank you icelus :D

5. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

It will run on ToB; it's what I used for the beta.

6. Grandalf the Green Sorcerer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Good Job fellows!
    Keep it coming!
    We need more mods like these!

Any tips on future add-ons? :D

And Again, Keep it coming!
    You definelty earned my respect :D :thumb:

7. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thanks,icelus! I had said in another thread that the game didn't hold any new surprises for me. You have breathed new life into this. :thumb:

8. icelus Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

To answer a few of the questions:

Yes, the mod will work with ToB installed. The mod was coded on my install of just SoA, only because I don't want to get into the ToB unfinished business just yet (though there is quite a bit in ToB, as well). The only things truly required are the official patches, and preferably Baldurdash.

If you'd like to see what other quests may be included in future releases, feel free to visit the mod's forum listed in my first post.

And thanks for the kudos, guys! :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.