1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Mazzy's fight at Copper Coronet

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aces, Dec 29, 2002.

1. Aces Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Way back when I first got Mazzy she was challenged to a fight by an Ogre/Orc? right outside the Copper Coronet. My quest book says I should go there and fight him, but he isn't there. I've been waiting many days for him now.
    :sleep:

I checked everywhere in the place before and after I cleaned out the slavers. Where is the bum? Did he chicken out??? :lol: This was the last thing I wanted to clear up before heading off to get Imoen back.

2. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Inside CC there are some girls. With names.
    Please post what each one of them say when you talk to her. Concentrate on girls with individual names.

3. Aces Gems: 19/31

All the girls with proper names are now gone.
    I remember 2 had a fight were one was killed (the wife of a guy killed the girl he was with in the back), and then she left with her husband. All that's left are the commoners and patrons and such.

It's daytime when I checked. Is the night any different?

The place was totally cleaned out of slavers some time ago. No innocents were killed. My Paladin was careful... ;)

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

There's supposed to be some blondie with a cute name right beside the lower entrance to the copper coronet. Talk to her and she'll arrange for a meeting with the orc -fellow. Though I seem to remember that many events taking place in cc have had bugs in them. Including this one.

IF you don't find a way to get this fight, then just forget it and move on. It won't do you any good aside from giving a few sentences of dialogue from Mazzy.

5. Aces Gems: 19/31

You know one of the bystanders he beats up never dissappeared from the outside area like the rest.

Maybe if I get rid of him... :evil:

6. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm, I had the same thing happen to me, and I had the latest patch installed. I really wanted to see that fight, but ah well. Eventually, I just gave up on it.

7. Blackhawk Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] I just killed the guy!

When I first saw him, and attempted to start a conversation, he was less than courteous.

I am a child of Bhaal! How dare you! :mad:

So, I picked his pockets knowing full well he would attack me - and without risking my reputation! ;)

I cut him to bits. :evil:

[ December 31, 2002, 21:34: Message edited by: Blackhawk ]

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

I remember a rumor or something that presence or not presence of Yoshimo in CC can affect this quest - bug.

Anyway, try with this console command:
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("GorfBystander","GLOBAL",3)

[ December 31, 2002, 00:31: Message edited by: Extremist ]

9. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

One of the reasons I don't like Mazzy is that her quests are a serious mess. I've only once managed to face Gorf, and the deal with her poisoned sister has never worked for me either. Plus, when I asked her to leave without having healed her sister, she got mad! Very frustrating.

10. Aces Gems: 19/31

I started over a few days ago. It seems the patch I downloaded doesn't help the saved games. Everything is working this time. The Jaheira romance is doing great and the Mazzy fight was a breeze. "Bumkins" was there this time and after talking to the alchemist first and getting the potion to drug him it went smooth! :D

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Actually Mazzy, the best NPC in BG-2 SoA as I don't get tired to stress, can easily fight this fight without *dirty tricks*. Just use her innate abilities and she'll chop that moronic giant in pieces.

12. Goldelf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] i had this problem, too. but the console command by Extremist solved it. thanks a lot.
    CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("GorfBystander","GLOBAL",3)
    i had my party stand around Surly (pitfightmanager), entered the line and voila. mazzy starts talking to him and Buskin appears right next to the party.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.