1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Not getting quest's XP in TOB?!

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Skywind, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

I'm having this problem; when-ever I completed a quest, instead of getting XP, I got this message:" Action Error:- Action:ADDXP2DA Not found. Check for proper bracket. Line Number:1."
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

And your having the official patch? Wich mods?

3. Silverstar Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Some files are definitely corrupted. Uninstall your game and make a new, fresh install, maybe?

4. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Yes it sounds like a fresh installation, but ...

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    For starters, you can ask some modder to extract and send you ToB's ADDXP.2DA and stick it in your override directory. Though given the error you've listed, it's likely that a larger container file is corrupt, so a reinstall would probably be in order to be on the safe side. You can try emptying everything in the game's cache directory first, though, and see if that helps.

6. CamDawg

CamDawg The gaze of the Wolf reaches into our soul Veteran

From the error message, it's a broken action.ids as it is the action itself that isn't found. It's possible some older mod overwrote action.ids with the SoA version (this command doesn't exist there) or it's somehow been deleted from your override folder (which would also cause it to default back to the SoA version in the biffs).

Check and see if there's a copy of action.ids in your override folder; if it's there it's time to start checking to see whose mod is not playing nicely.

7. Skywind Gems: 10/31

Veteran

So you mean I should have a file named "action.ids" in the override file right? I can't find it.... Does that mean only reinstalling TOB can solve the problem?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, just copying the missing file to the override should fix it, but if you've got a bunch of mods installed, at least one of them probably won't work properly. You should list which mods you have installed. If the game's worked until you've installed the last mod, it shouldn't be too hard to find the problematic mod...

9. Skywind Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Sorry for not relying... Too busy gaming... haha
    Anyway, I solved the problem by reinstalling. But after installing the mods(UnfinishedBusiness) too, the "action.ids" file is still there, so I guess it got to with other mods I installed in the past and deleted long ago. Perhaps while I deleted the mods, the file was deleted too.
    Thanks for all the helps anyway.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.