1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: NPC Elimination Semi-Finals

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, May 30, 2003.

1. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

If the stupid brat wins, I am going to do something drastic.

2. Quicksylver Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Sarevok's stupid eyes glow - do you know how hard it is to rest when that's going on? Look at his portrait - looks like somebody plugged a lightning rod into his behind and flipped the switch.

Minsc - Big, bald and Boo. All the way, baby.

Besides, guys - what's the first thing you see at the top of the page when you go to Sorcerer's Place? "The Stuff of Legends, Right Boo?"

See? Who's the man? Minsc is the man, that's who.

3. Tayja Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Immy vs. Viconia is a tough choice. Roleplaying-wise she is my sister, so I'd have to pick her over my S&M lover. Although gaming wise Viccy's the strongest cleric available. Besides, there is something appealing about saving Viccy's soul. I know its not Immy's fault, but the post-traumatic stress comments wear on me nerves.

Sarevok vs. Minsc is easy. Sarevok is powerful, but who can trust a guy who keeps getting reborn just to kill you? Minsc is fun. If I'm going to spend endless days trudging through the rain, and camping out on damp, bumpy cavern floors I need a guy who can make me laugh. Me and Minsc and Boo!

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Whos "the stupid brat" Eze?

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Imoen, of course.

Minsc may be stupid, but he's not a brat.

Sarevok and Viconia aren't neither stupid nor brats.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

6. 14 Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

We can't forget history. Back in BG, when my father died and left myself alone in the world, it was her voice cheered me up:
    'hey ya, it's me, Imoen'
    It's all history now.

Why some people think Minsc is your best friend? What did he do? All he cares about is his own missons. And boo, he maybe is the coolest hamster, but I have nothing to do with him.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] How can ya give 'ol Minsc the boot?!?! He's been in my party since the Nashkel mines. Minsc and Boo forever!

As for Vicki and Immy? A tough call...But look at my tag line! ;) :lol:

8. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Agreed! The first time I played BG1, it took me until Beregost to kick the "stupid brat" out of the party. In BG2, her dual-class split is badly placed, making her less than useful. So now when I play BG1 or BG2, regardless of class or alignment, she collects a dagger in the back at the very first opportunity. So now it goes along the lines of: "Hey ya! It's me, Im... ack... gasp... aauurghh."

9. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Sheesh, Trydan, I'd hate to be your friend!

"DePaara, you're a great guy who's never done anything but be nice to me, take risks for me, and keep me company. However, you are no longer useful to me. (Stabs DePaara) See Ya!"

The only reason I kill Jaheira in BG1 is that I would rather have Khalid in my party, and if you boot the one you have to boot them both. Otherwise, I let my friends live!

Viconia is not a pleasant person, and on that basis alone, I would get rid of her. Not kill her, just ditch her.

10. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I agree that if Imoen wins this thing everyone should formally protest that didn't vote for her.

Also of note, there seems to be a propensity of favoritism towards BGI characters that made it into BGII. Take a look at the past polls, and you'll see that whenever a BGII original character went up against a BGI character that was included in BGII, the BGII orignal character LOST. Not once, in any round did a BGII character beat a BGI character, and the only BGI characters that have been eliminated at this point are the ones that were eliminated by other BGI characters. There's something to be said for loyalty, but I can't believe some very high quality NPC's (read Keldorn, Korgan, Valygar, Mazzy) all were eliminated by either Minsc or Sarevok. Do the majority of people really believe that all of the characters from BGI were better than all of the characters that were introduced in BGII? I find this hard to believe...

11. Trydan Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Then you misunderstand. To my friends I am the epitome of loyalty. However, I never said Imoen was a friend.

This may be due to the increased level of background obtained by playing with the NPC in two games. Players will continue with an NPC they know, throw out (or backstab ;) ) the ones that they don't want and then plug the gaps with NPCs from BG2. In this situation, the new NPCs will struggle to compete, when averaged across the player-base.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.