1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: NPC Elimination Semi-Finals

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, May 30, 2003.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Well, we're down to our final four.

Imoen advances in the wizard division, defeating Edwin by a single vote. (32 to 31)

Viconia advances in the cleric division, by defeating Aerie, in a match that started very close but saw Viconia distance herself somewhat towards the end.

Sarevok advances in the fighter division by defeating Keldorn. This one was also close in the beginning, with Keldorn even leading early on, but Sarevok won by a wide margin.

Finally, Minsc advances in the Druid/Ranger division by defeating Jaheria. This one was sadly never close, Minsc led all the way, and finished with twice as many votes as Jaheria.

So the semi finals will feature the lovable little sister, Imoen against the dark Viconia, and the mighty Sarevok against Minsc with his furry friend Boo.

I think it is interesting that all four of the finalist are from the original BGI, and that three of them were joinable then. Also two of them were the "core" characters they expected you to take with you through the original game. :D

Same rules apply to this poll. We're not pitting the contestants against each other to see who would win a fight. We are only asking you to vote for which character you prefer.

Oh, and to answer the question from the last poll, yes you do take Boo into consideration when voting for Minsc.

Poll Information
    This poll contains 2 question(s). 59 user(s) have voted.
    Voting stops at June 06, 2003 13:16 board time.
    You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

Poll Results: NPC Elimination Semi-Finals (59 votes.)

Imoen and Viconia (Choose 1)
    * Imoen (defeated Jan and Edwin) - 58% (34)
    * Viconia (defeated Anomen and Aerie) - 42% (25)

Sarevok and Minsc (with Boo!) (Choose 1)
    * Sarevok (defeated Korgan and Keldorn - impressive!) - 44% (26)
    * Minsc (defeated Valygar and Jaheria) - 56% (33)

2. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Imoen-Viconia: tough one, I chose Imoen because I rarely play with an evil party.

Sarevok-Minsc: Sarevok of course, I can't stand Minsc's babble.

3. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Imoen all the way -- Viconia is slutty and her contribution to the party isn't that great. Imoen is funnier, too, and from a role playing perspective, she deserves the PC's loyalty more.

I kept Minsc because you can keep him for the entire game series-- he never once leaves your side -- NO ONE else can say that (even though Imoen's leaving isn't exactly voluntary, you get my point.) Plus, he is pretty tough and for a Ranger with miserable Wisdom, he still casts spells pretty well by the end of the game. He is also good, which makes him preferable to Sarevok, who is evil incarnate.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO not Edwin!!!!! Booohhh...

Errr sorry, I've vote for Vicconia since they aren't so many good cleric in the game.

Minsc and boo vs Sarevok?

C'mon Sarevok was kill twice by the Protaganist and Misnc stayed with the party for the all saga Minsc and boo all the way!

Edit: Yahoo! a new gems! Though it is uglier than the Sky drop...

5. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Imoen can't whin... Viccy all the way.

And Sarevok. Amen to that. I like Minsc, but Sarevok is cooler. Luckily Jaheira didn't advance. That'd be horrible.

6. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

[​IMG] No Edwin :( ?
    O well, I'll just go with Viconia, she is a close second ;) . But I still feel Edwin should have won.

7. christopher_c_pitzer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Imoen is hot and that scar just makes me crazy.

Sarevok is the coolest NPC in the game, period. He know who he is and makes no bones about (neither do I when I have an evil party and have him in it). Sarevok all the way!!!!

8. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

pretty funny if imoen and sarovak would make to the final.....

bith bhaalspawns and the only two of them that joins you ^_^

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Hmmm...I'm going with Immy over Viccy because in the game Immy is your sis, and blood is thicker than bread and water...plus, Viccy beat Aerie, which I don't think should have happened.

For Minsc vs Sarevok, I'm going with Sarevok. He's just cooler than that mindless Ranger... :rolling:

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Imoen vs Viconia: Imoen of course. As I said before I dislike evil people and Viconia is no exception. She can't fight. She has a pathetic personality and her spells aren't the best either. Wheres Imoen has got a great personality. She can detect and disarm traps, pick locks and pick pocket. And she can learn new spells.

Sarevok vs Minsc: Take a guess. Minsc and his gaint space hamster, Boo. They are both great in a fight but when it comes down to personality Minsc wins by a long shot. And then no ranger is complete with out a gaint space hamster. Yes I know that Sarevok isn't a ranger, but thats another bad thing about him, (IMO) rangers rule! And then theres the fact that Sarevok is evil, and why would I want someone in my party I've killed twice already?

11. Gavin de Valge Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Well, since I didn't vote for Imoen last time, nor Viconia, that was a hard choice. I went with Viconia because she was so close to Aerie on my scale...a pity Aerie was eliminated.

My three favorite male NPCs in Throne of Bhaal are Sarevok, Keldorn and Minsc, in that order, so it is pretty obvious how I voted.

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

[​IMG] Just thought i would let people know the results at the moment (30 votes in):
    Imoen and Minsc are both winning 16 to 14 against the other two evil people. So go Imoen and Minsc!!!

13. Jurts Gems: 7/31

Heh, Imoen sure can be annoying with her chatter, but she sure is better than Vicky - a lousy NPC power-wise, flawed and repulsing personality, slutty romance and amazing display of lack of morals. Of course, I'm still sore at Im for beating Eddie :(

Sarevok, no questions - he is a remarkable personality and I have always felt sorry for him and those ToB dialogues with little Sarevok in Pocket Plane were heartbreaking. I love redeeming the guy, he deserves it for his rotten childhood and bad guidance that led him to his doom. Minsc is just a loud annoying brainless dork, he is loveable and interesting to take through the game once, but after that he starts to grate on me nerves...

14. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Even though Minsc will always have a place in my heart as the best friend the world of BG could offer, I still choose the idea of a serious epic adventure over the humouristic one. If there were other characters in the party, this might well be different, though.

3 siblings it is. Imoen is the sister I never had, I can't help but like her. And Sarevok, even in terms of pure efficiency (and that he actually changes his allegiances towards good), is the greatest and most reliable warrior I could ever wish to fight at my side.

15. andrew61388 Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Imoen vs Viciona- how hard can this one really be??? Imoen. No buts, just Imoen.

Minsc vs Sarevok- very, very tough decision, but i choose the fury of the minature giant space hamster Boo and Minsc.

16. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Who said that? Oh, I guess it was ME. Damn that guy is wise; I wish I knew his full name... :D

Actually, there is two butts; Imoen's and Viconia's. Would you still choose Imoen? :p

17. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Let me say that I am happy to see so many write in favor of Edwin. Believe me, if I had my way (or if I could have rigged the poll), Edwin would have advanced.

Nay the less, I have been honest in posting this poll, and will continue to be. In looking at the last four, I thought to myself, it really doesn't matter who wins between Imoen and Viconia. I would vote for Sarevok or Minsc over either one of them.

18. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

It would appear that I just tied the vote.

Imoen vs. Viconia: Blood is stronger than flesh. I had to go with the little sis on this one. For the record, Imoen is currently pummelling Vic.

Minsc vs. Sarevok: I went with Minsc. As was said, he's the best friend BG gives you. While both are loyal, and I like both of them, Minsc just won out.

The men are currently tied.

19. Nocturnal Nomad Gems: 7/31

[​IMG] Come on people! Seeing Imoen defeat Edwin was almost too much to bare but having to see her defeating Viconia as well.....frustrating :(

20. Vlad Tepes Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Imoen.

As a power player: don't need a thief with Immy. Would prefer Edwin if I played a F/T or had a temporary brain malfunction (i.e. had Jan in my party). I've played without thieves a lot, but I prefer to avoid the hassle. And thief/bard HLA's are *pure* stilton.

Besides, she and Jaheira are the only believable female NPCs in the game. Unless you think there exists such things as absolute evil and absolute good, that is :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.