1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Born again

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Sir Feat, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Sir Feat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

G'day all.

I've a brand new machine with a nice big clean hard-drive and want to start the BG saga again with as sprawling a game as possible. I have the core games (BG, TotSC, BG2, SoA, ToB) on CD with the last patches, and have downloaded practically everything available, from BGT3 down in size (Ascension, DSotSC, SoS, DD, TS, BP, NEJ, EE, AoE, FR, CtB, Tutu, Chloe, Silver Star, Tashia, the romances, fix packs, EoU, flirts, banter packs, the works).

I know not all are compatible but I'd be interested in people's views of what makes the best combination.

Also, is there anything I need to know before loading it onto WindowsXP? Does it work better in Windows98 compatability mode?

Thanks

Ps. I have seen one reference to a BG. Dark Alliance and Dark Alliance II, but can find nothing relating to them anywhere on this site and my supplier of games here in New Zealand has never heard of them. Anyone?

Thanks

2. Mayfairy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

BG works fine with Win XP.

Dark alliances are not worth your time. Plain hack'n'slach games for PS2/XBOX. Don't bother.

3. Gothmog

Gothmog Man, a curious beast indeed! ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

There's been a recent topic about mods. How many you can install together and being compatible.

Just make a quick search.

4. Evil Dad Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

The games work very well under WinXP. I have had no problems at all since moving over to it.

Can't comment on compatibility of everything, but I use the following without any problems...

SoA + TOB + Latest Patch + Baldurdash + Tactics + Ascension + Redemption + Sola + Valen + Delainy + Kitanya

5. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    If by BGT3 you mean Baldur's Gate Trilogy, I seriously doubt this will be compatible with Tutu. And besides, you really need only one of them.

6. Advanced Simplicity Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

There's a VERY comprehencive list on this @ the ironworks forum www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/index.shtml

I can't give you a direct link as I am at work and my browser blocks the site :( But browse the bg forum and it's a sticky somewhere there.

I do know that you must always start with this:
    Core game
    Expansion
    Latest patch
    Fixpack (baldursdash for bg2 don't know about bg1)

7. Drumheller Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

8. Jhonka

Jhonka This is the face of Justice Veteran

That post used to be stickied, but Tal un-stuck it when the Infinity Engine modlist thread was posted in the Playground.

9. Drumheller Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

O I C . . .

Good call, Jhonka.

10. Sir Feat Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Thanks all.

Drumheller, I saw the post and have been working from it, but that is an exhaustive list. I'm more interested in the ones people think work well together, and the ones that are perhaps best left for special occasions, (ie play all the romances together or chose from them) or left alone!

Regards

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.