1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

What do you think your charname would do after the game?

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by UsagiRyu, Mar 19, 2004.

1. UsagiRyu Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] As the subject says, Mel is dead and you've won. What do you think your version of charname would do? As a deity? As a normal adventurer? (Ignoring the epilogues because they are a bit general)

My drow mage / theif (CG, female) named Axylle Mac'Loch, as a deity, I think she'd be like the goddess of quests or something. With her plane looking like a medieval version of Mike Hammer's office or Sam Spade's.

As an adventurer, I don't see her setting down roots anywhere. Travel until she dies. Mainly because I could see adventuring being addicting.

Axylle: Just one more adventure. Just one... This mage here need a Rogue Stone... We can find one...

Imoen: No! No more adventures!!

2. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, I finished with a paladin (of Torm/Helm/Tyr, with Torm as his primary deity) named Samarin Durhelm, so I imagine he'd become something like a Seraph of Duty; he'd be one of Torm's enforcers/defenders. He'd defend the dutiful and the loyal and smite betrayers all over Toril...all the while fighting off demonic agents of evil and watching over his beloved Aerie and their soon-to-be-born son, who will of course follow in his celestial father's footsteps as a paladin and found an order of paladins in honour of Torm, Helm and Tyr, with Samarin as the order's Protector.

3. Lotlanne Gems: 3/31

I finished the game last time with a neutral evil mage Al Hazred. Actually he started as chaotic neutral and acted absolutely chaotically all the way till he had to go through the tears of Bhaal quest, then the alingment changed. So, as a deiti, he will be sort of crazy, someitmes help good folks, sometimes harm them, unpredictable, a little bit like Steven King's Flagg (if you know what I am talking about) - just having fun, spreading chaos, not knowing what's tomorrow gonna be like... But the main thing he is going to do is to make all his companions - and he had Minsc, Viconia, Korgan, Sarevok and Imoen - his "second-in-commands", no matter if they want it or not. He'll share some power with them, maybe give them immortality - I guess a god can do that - and you know why? Just because he likes them and wants to keep them by his side... Such a crazy loving god of murder. As a human, he will travel of course, with Viconia at his side (I actually like the ending about her having a kid and being poisoned by Lolth's servants). He'll never make up his mind which side he is on. He'll fight for good here and for evil there, and at the end of his days he'll write Necronomicon (well, his name is Al Hazred after all).

4. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Good topic.

Since most of the characters I've played with are good, I've always figured that as they became gods, they'd lean towards neutrality. Instead of being gods of murder, they'd become gods of death and adventure or something. That is, every soul that died would pass through that god before moving forward. And then people who lived constantly on the edge would worship them for granting protection from death.

In addition to that of course, all of the other people in the party would become his champions, much like Mystra had her own. The difference is that while this god could not change the last destination of a dying soul, his power of receiving them in the first place would give his champions a virtual immunity to death, even if body was destroyed. I wouldn't use hellspawns against them either.

As a mortal, the vague description in the end is good enough. Being no Elminster, there is basically very little time for Charname to live long enough to do anything, unless they became liches. They'd adventure a while longer, with as many members of the old party as possible. And then pass away at some point, probably in a less peaceful manner.

5. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I have two characters that I want to do this for.

1. My Elven NG barbarian, as a good, he'd be more towards adventurers and aiding them on there quests. When they ran into dire situations he'd lend a hand.

As a mortal, he'd continue on with his friends including Imoen, Aerie, Minsc, Keldorn and Sarevok. Just finding fights and helping people when they need help. Eventually after along time of adventureing and seeing his human friends fall to time he'd slow down and settle in a small town fighting off invaders.

2. My Elven druid. As a god he'd reamain true neutral and not get involved unless one of the many other deities got a little involved or powerful then he'd hand down a druidic ass kicking.

As a mortal, he'd return to the druid grove and help route the Synthillian Empire in their attempted invasion of Trademeet. He'd continue being a force for neutrality until he was replaced Loren and he'd retire back to his own little space and ust chill.

6. RangerFox Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

He would give up the portfolio of Bhaal to someone that would actually wanted to be a god of murder, or maybe find a way to destroy the portfolio altogether. Then he would search for a home as far away as possible from big cities like Waterdeep and Baldur's Gate, to settle down.

7. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I think my character, as a mortal, would probably take on insane adventures. defending far off towns from impossible odds kind of thing. My party would be the A-team of the adventuring world.
    As a god, I think he would probably spend as much time as possible thwarting cyrics schemes, and upsetting the planes of hell as much as possible.

8. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

I'm currently going through with a CN Halfelven FMC (solo) who is out solely for revenge on Irenicus for the torture and stealing of his powers. He's got a pretty big ego, and loves to flatter himself by taking on powerful opponents and crushing them between the earth and his steeltipped boot.

So once he acquires divine status, he'll probably start looking for new challenges amongst the gods. :grin: He'd encourage his subjects to do as he does, seek out powerfull opponents and beat them, so they themselves may grow in power. Weakness would not be tolerated.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I could write here a description of about 60 or so pages, but instead:

Read my lemon :grin:

(BG2 => Tips => Secrets of Journals)

10. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

[​IMG] Make more babies with Aerie! :D

11. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

My paladin would probably take on the responsibility of becoming a god, then get bored and wander Toril in mortal form, smiting evils and righting wrongs, leaving Cespanar to keep his seat warm until there's no more evil. Then he'd just be bored for all eternity.

12. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Travel the world with Jaheira. Kuldahar in particular comes across as a place for a honeymoon-type stop her with her.

Can't say that'd get boring anytime soon.

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Depends who. But my Elven Ranger (Played through the BG series for the third time with her now ^_^)

Hannah

As a goddes: Goddess of sun/stars or of air. Her weapon would be a bow, as she was an Archer.

As a mortal: Perhaps travel a little bit around amn with all her friends. Travel up to Candlekeep once more and try to settle there for a while with Imoen, but probably get tired and return to the Ranger cabin in the hils. Forever restless though, always hyper and her and imoen would play around and and all. Eventually Imoen would set up her thieves guild, Minsc would return to Rasheman, perhaps taking Aerie with him - or perhaps she would eventually settle down elsewhere with a nice with a nice elf called Legolas :p Jaheira would probably get weary of travelling and be unsettled, probably leave and find Beren, leaving just Hannah and Anomen. Anomen would inevitably get old before Hannah, so either she would dump him or they'd settle down somewhere :)

14. Etrigone Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Hmm. My first character through was a neutral sorcerer. After his almost-but-not-quite relationship with Jaheira (the bugs kept it from progressing, and I didn't fix in time), he hangs around, working sort of with the Harpers, somewhat closely with E. and perhaps others. He tires of this eventually, and decides to get the Planar Sphere working again in a non-detrimental fashion (hey, he was *much* higher level than Lavok, so he must be able to handle it, right?). This takes a while, and he has one more chat with Jaheira before he leaves, never to be seen again...

15. Lacessit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

My favourite character was my half-elven CN assasin, who would stay mortal, in order to be with Viconia. He'd probably head back to that guild of his in Athkatla, where he'd set up his love-nest (think lots of silk, stuffed and otherwise) He'd run the guild for a bit, rising through the ranks to become shadowmaster eventually, 'replacing' Aran Linvail.
    His unpredictability would keep him feared and respected at the same time. His guild would keep very friendly relations with that of Imoen, and together we'd sort of become 'the family' of the sword coast ("You givva me respect, an' my sista too!) Maybe he'd get Sarevok to be in charge of the muscle, I'm not sure :p It's the sort of crazy thing he would do after all.

After Viccy's death, he would definitely go on a revenge mission in the underdark, taking his son with him. Leaving his entire guild to Immy. He and his son would fight their wat through horrible dark hordes of Drow, driders and nameless creatures. Eventually they'd defeat Lolth's avatar. (hey, it's my story :D )He would return from the underdark, a bitter man. His revenge complete, but his love still gone. Actually I see him solliciting the gods, Orpheus-wise, to reclaim Viccy...

Damn, I should get writing on this :cool:

16. spetznaz Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Since I almost only play chaotic neutral, I'd guess my PCs just enjoying the status as God with luxury and ladies, not caring for much more ;) Turning to a God of Lazyness :D Especially since I normally play as a Bard of some sort :cool:

As for the classes that you can't be CN, I go evil if possible. I try go beat Bhaal himself in destruction :evil:

17. Amatorius Gems: 3/31

@UsagiRyu
    Excellent topic- only wish I'd thought of that :p

I was a (F/NG with unofficial chaotic tendencies) Half-Elven Blade named Mas'sa'amatorius

As a deity would definitely defy Cyric and any evil gods who wreak havok on the Realms and in my spare time would be the "Adventurer's Defender"- helper of all rightful adventurers in serious trouble on their journeys.
    Or something else suitably dramatic and/or exciting.

As a mortal
    (although could have done this as a god in mortal form as well)
    - would go around righting wrongs against folk where needed and killing all bandits existing for fun and profit.
    Get bored when all bandits are er, 'retired' (or dead, no matter) then hop over to the Underdark and kill a few hundred or so from time to time for fun and not profit. When that option is out due to lack of population, somehow acquire a TransDimensional Teleportation Device and set up shop as an "Interdimensional Traveller" for hire at obscene profit and/or only for worthy causes(or just for plain fun).
    (hehe, gotta make a living somehow) :holy:

18. Winterine Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Hmm considering my first-ever character...

My CG elven fighter-mage-thief as a deity would definately oppose Cyric. She'd make alliances with any of Torm, Tyr, Helm, Oghma, Mystra, Amaunator (ok he's dead, but he owes her a few favours), Kelemvor and Iyachtu Xvim towards that end. She'd look after those who worshipped her, particular of the F/M/T classes or their subclasses, keeping them from death as well as she could in dangerous endeavours. And she'd definately keep an eye on her beloved Anomen whenever she could. ;)

As a mortal she'd stay with, and possibly or not marry, Anomen and as many of her former companions as possible, living the Life. She'd continue to view the world from a rather cynical point of view, but with her Gorion-raised ethics and Anomen's positin in the Radiant Heart, she would continue to help those she thought could use a hand. She'd check in on her Planar Sphere and the De'Arnise Keep whenever she was in the area. Most likely outliving her companions, she'd head back to Suldanesselar for a "brief" visit as elves think of things, then get restless and leave again. Perhaps she will find new adventuring companions, perhaps not. She'd either die most unfortunately on the road, helping someone she knew at heart she didn't have to, or retire return at long last to her people, this time for good. :)

19. Death Whisper Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

raiding and plundering, raping and killing until the cramp takes me :o

hehe, just joking :rolleyes:

20. Kenshiro Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, I figure my human monk Chen Zhan(Go go Fist of Legend) would become some kind of god of discipline in all kinds of adventuring, fighters, mages, thieves, whatever, those that have the concentration and focus to accomplish their goals, sorta like Helm, but more about mental discipline. As a human, I dunno, continue wandering, kicking butt and taking names.

My other char, Alarath Greyhem(NG Elf F/T), if he became a god, probably something to do with good-aligned thieves, those that use their skills to weaken evil beings(and rob them blind) As a mortal, he's continue to adventure with what I call the "Dirty Half Dozen", being Korgan, Saravok, Viccy, Edwin, and Haer, doing major quests, even to other planes(Had a story in which the Spectator Beholder pops up out of the blue with a request for his aid) And of course, he'd have Cespenar with him, probably the only good? imp in existence. What? He's cute, especially his line about wanting to take a nap. Is that a evil sounding being to you?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.